SkyPiggie

Texas Executes Mexican

"Jose Ernesto Medellin, a Mexican national convicted of the 1993 rape and murder of two Texas girls, was executed Tuesday night in Texas after the U.S. Supreme Court refused to grant a reprieve.

"Medellin was 18 when he and five fellow gang members raped Elizabeth Pena, 16, and Jennifer Ertman, 14, then beat and strangled them. Medellin later boasted to friends about the deed..."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-execute6-2008aug06,0,2738895.story

Adios, asshole.

Well done Texas...well done.

Hmmm your branch of christianity sure seems to be lacking in so many of the christlike virtues.... like foregiveness...humility....etc.

What's this got to do with Christianity? Or any religion?

It is about extermination of predatory murderous scum-of-the-Earth beings.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Hmmm your branch of christianity sure seems to be lacking in so many of the christlike virtues.... like foregiveness...humility....etc.

Yes, but usually we give them due process first.

... and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Where was his right to due process under the law infringed?

Read the article. He did not get consular counsel, contrary to a 1963 treaty to which the USA is signatory (the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, which according to the Constitution, becomes the "supreme law of the land").

Doesn't the Bible say something about being without sin before casting stones?

Medellin was 18 when he and five fellow gang members raped Elizabeth Pena, 16, and Jennifer Ertman, 14, then beat and strangled them. Medellin later boasted to friends about the deed.

"I'm sorry my actions caused you pain. I hope this brings you the closure that you seek. Never harbor hate," Medellin, 33, told those gathered to watch him die. He was pronounced dead at 9:57 p.m. local time.

He admitted to raping, beating, and strangling two young women ...

The International Court of Justice in The Hague sided in 2004 with the Mexican government's argument that the United States had violated the 1963 Vienna Convention on Consular Relations by failing to inform the arrested Mexican nationals of their right to seek help from the Mexican Consulate.

... and was then executed without due process. Another bad series of events (that will hopefully be learned from) with a good conclusion.

But the court, a branch of the United Nations, has no power to enforce its rulings. A spokesman for Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a Republican, has said that "the world court has no standing in Texas."

PS: I'm sure you loved the fact that ...

The Bush administration had intervened in support of the Mexican government, urging Texas prosecutors to reopen the death row cases.

"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Hmmm your branch of christianity sure seems to be lacking in so many of the christlike virtues.... like foregiveness...

Do you want all murderers to be forgiven and released from prison?

Is so, I make a motion that they be sent to YOUR home town.

But the court, a branch of the United Nations, has no power to enforce its rulings. A spokesman for Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a Republican, has said that "the world court has no standing in Texas."

Right. A Mexican enters Texas illegally, and murders two teenage American girls. He then demands that he be treated according to Mexican law? I don't fucking think so.

He did the crimes in Texas. He can pay the Texas price for those crimes.

If he wants Mexican justice, he should have stayed in Mexico.

Right. A Mexican enters Texas illegally, and murders two teenage American girls. He then demands that he be treated according to Mexican law? I don't fucking think so.

I think he wanted the justice the USA agreed to when it signed the 1963 Consular Convention.

*sigh* If you would bother to read your own constitution (Article VI) you would know that this is about receiving due process under US law. If you don't want to dig it up just read kallend's post above. You may not like it, but the fact remains that any treaty entered into by the US becomes federal law overruling state laws and constitutions.

I personally don't think any counsel would have changed the outcome of this case one bit but that is another matter.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

I am outraged…………………………they could have at least made sure he got raped once before he was executed.

If he admitted he raped and murdered two young girls then I am glad he was killed. We need to spend more energy worrying about that poor family then the feelings of a murderer.

Hmmmmm, write to protect your property, killing murders, and lots of beautiful land TX might be the next place I go.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Do you want all murderers to be forgiven and released from prison?

Is so, I make a motion that they be sent to YOUR home town.

No I vote we send them to your town so you can be the LORDS personal AVENGING ANGEL and you can fill em with lead:S:S:S.

Sorry I really dont sacntion state sponsored murder in my name though. I think if they kill somone they need to rot away in prison... with LOTS of time to think about it while waiting for judgement from the LORD.. not a flawed justice system that sends innocent people to their deaths that you seem to support so vociferously John. If you truely are a christian John.. I hope you TRUELY believe YOUR conscience will be clear when you stand before the LORD......when HE knows what really lies within your heart.

I personally don't think any counsel would have changed the outcome of this case one bit but that is another matter.

This execution would be of far greater concern if there was any doubt on the crime. But we have a harder time dealing with our citizens who get caught up in those drug/luggage smuggling cases when we don't even adhere to directives ourselves.

He and the others involved should have suffered twice as much as those two girls.

Only in the end to beg for death to come.

Death is such an easy way out. Wouldnt locking the guy up in a 4ft by 4ft room with no windows or communication with people for the rest of his life be a much better punishment? Plus the government wouldnt have to murder people (even with the "due process" which leaves innocent for dead as well)
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I think he wanted the justice the USA agreed to when it signed the 1963 Consular Convention.

Are you sure that was his intention before he decided to rape, torture, and murder those girls?

What would you have done if those girls were your relatives?

Buy him a beer:?

I fully expected a comment like yours from the warped gallery...just like others who twist Christianity to suit their needs without even acknowledging that God's WORD says "if a man kills another, his life will be taken" ( paraphrasing).

It also says " thou shalt NOT kill", and it says nothing about letting sick merderers like Medellin go home to Mexico as a reward for his efforts.

He will get his just reward when he stands before God....