imthegerm

Shooting at Skydive San Diego?

Just watching the news from my desk here at work and Ch 8, local news here in San Diego just had a quick breaking news story saying that someone got shot in the stomach at the DZ-the video showed a helicopter landing in the landing area at Skydive San Diego-this could be on the military side or Skydive San Diego side-hope everyone is alright!

Not sure if this is the right place to put this incident-

I liked this comment on the site....

Why would you carry a gun at a skydiving center??

My first thought was "Because that's the only way you'll ever win an argument against billvon." :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I liked this comment on the site....

Why would you carry a gun at a skydiving center??

My first thought was "Because that's the only way you'll ever win an argument against billvon." :)

Don

No. All Bill would have to say is, "You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

I swear, I think he's the closest thing to a Jedi Knight I can imagine.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I used to jump at Cedar Valley in Utah. We'd all bring our guns out and do target practice or go rabbit hunting on crap weather days. Nothing wrong about bringing a gun to the DZ or anywhere. Just make sure you know what you're doing and handle them properly. Gun safety is very easy, very basic. You just have to watch out for careless jackasses. [:/]

shooting clays at the end of the day here in New Mexico.

I'm not sure if Clay (freeflir29) likes that very much. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just saw update on the news-I guess some idiot accidentally shot himself and came to Skydive San Diego for assistance-there was no shooting at Skydive San Diego;)

Let's see, I've shot myself, and need to decide what to do about it. Hospital, nah - too easy. Call 911 - too typical. DZ - yeah that's it, let's head over to the drop zone.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Just saw update on the news-I guess some idiot accidentally shot himself and came to Skydive San Diego for assistance-there was no shooting at Skydive San Diego;)

Let's see, I've shot myself, and need to decide what to do about it. Hospital, nah - too easy. Call 911 - too typical. DZ - yeah that's it, let's head over to the drop zone.

Not sure, but didn't somebody say that the victim was airlifted (life-flighted) from the airport?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And just like the news, they change the story and probably still have it incorrect. The link you posted states he shot himself. This one says his friend shot him. :S

http://www.fox6.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8fa90469-55e0-4bfe-adf5-1eacc28de264&rss=tick

Either way I hope he's okay and has learned a lesson.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

And just like the news, they change the story and probably still have it incorrect. The link you posted states he shot himself. This one says his friend shot him. :S

either way it's clear that these guys badly need the practice. (and to know where they can shoot legally)

http://www.fox6.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8fa90469-55e0-4bfe-adf5-1eacc28de264&rss=tick

ltdiver

He's a friend of Dick Cheney?:o

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ltdiver

He's a friend of Dick Cheney?:o

Fenty heard he had a gun and flew out to challenge him 'in the street'?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

got to love america guns guns guns
I especially like the one called a peace maker

Aptly named - I bet you get REAL peaceful if someone points one at you!! ;)

God may have created man, but Sam Colt made em' equal. :|

When danger threatens, call on me and I will equalize.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706