mamajumps

Discuss...

Calling someone ignorant because their beliefs are different than yours is what is truly ignorant.

No more ignorant than calling them the anti-christ for the same reason.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Calling someone ignorant because their beliefs are different than yours is what is truly ignorant.

No more ignorant than calling them the anti-christ for the same reason.

Yeah and luckily nobody Christian did the same thing:

"Think what you want, but when Judgement day is here, we will see then who is laughing....Smile "

The Antichrist will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive
the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christlike
appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise
false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, he will destroy everything.

When was your Book of Revelations written? Must be a pretty recent revision to mention Islam.

This whole thing is so ridiculous I can't believe anyone with more than a kindergarten education gives it any credence whatsoever.

Sorry, but the only correct part of this post is, "Stupid is as stupid does."

- Dan G

Now let's look at all the worst presidents the US has had. The presidents who got us involved in Vietnam. The presidents who presided over the Great Depression. What color were they?

I never made this about color... I could give 2 farts in the wind what color Obama is... I just dont agree with most of his political views and because of that I think America will be in deep dookie if he is elected....

I just dont agree with most of his political views and because of that I think America will be in deep dookie if he is elected....

Really? I'm not sure exactly what is the specific metric to qualify for any nation-state being in "deep dookie." For comparison, one might look to failed states or near-failing states. Whether either major candidate is elected (or Rep Barr), it is highly unlikely the US will be a failing or near-failing state, e.g., Somalia, Zimbabwe, Liberia, Haiti.

On what do you base that assessment? If you have such strong opinion, you must be extremely familiar with the candidate's record and history (the real one not just the blog-o-sphere gossip.) What in the candidate's record and history suggest that end state? And how do you propose the candidate will supersede the other two branches of government and 50 State governments? In what time frame do you see this occurring, why, and how?

Whether Sen McCain or Sen Obama is elected, I have confidence in the US Constitution, the institutions, due process, and the people who have sworn to uphold those institutions of the US will survive and likely continue to thrive for many. I may prefer the choices, policies, record, and advisors/likely appointees of one over the other.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I didnt say that I agreed or disagreed. Just discuss.

Sure appears that you agreed.

Its because of this attitude that people are going to get comfortable again, and lower their gaurds only for these people to do it again, as they have so many times thru out our history. Are we ever gonna learn?

I do know that he has said some things that I disagree with 100%.

Such as?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

If you want to measure whose hand are bloodier no one even gets remotely close to the peace loving Christians.

If you want to understand why we are hated it is easy to assume it is because we are free, but the more rational answer is our actions.

How many hundreds of thousands have we killed just in Iraq? Off course you might excuse that we are liberating them however I would like my liberation from this planet to be my choice.

If you study history no one NO ONE has started more wars then us in the past 100 years. I know some assume we are always justified for the killing we do but believe it or not that’s not the case. Last I checked one person doesn’t have the right to decide to sacrifice someone else’s life for the good of others.

Again if hypocrisy is not your thing then you should judge us as you judge the evil Muslims.

That’s one thing I didn’t get what if obama is Muslim? Do we not have freedom of religion in this country or is this right another one that can be stripped as soon as we get scared?

I believe any one who thinks Muslims are dangerous because of the numbers they have killed is simply blind to solid in arguable facts.

All you have to do is count how many wars we have started and how many inocent lives we have takin.
I think all the tan people should be paranoid of you white “peace loving Christians” who tend to destroy a country once every 10 years or so that is usually filled with brown people who pose no threat to you directly.

Please read some history.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Bah, bah, bah ...

I guess b/c I dont agree with your opinions word for word and have my own ideas and beliefs, this makes me ignorant and wrong...right?:S

Your own opinions ... :D Bah, bah, bah ...

yet again?:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I just dont agree with most of his political views and because of that I think America will be in deep dookie if he is elected....

Really? I'm not sure exactly what is the specific metric to qualify for any nation-state being in "deep dookie." For comparison, one might look to failed states or near-failing states. Whether either major candidate is elected (or Rep Barr), it is highly unlikely the US will be a failing or near-failing state, e.g., Somalia, Zimbabwe, Liberia, Haiti.

On what do you base that assessment? If you have such strong opinion, you must be extremely familiar with the candidate's record and history (the real one not just the blog-o-sphere gossip.) What in the candidate's record and history suggest that end state? And how do you propose the candidate will supersede the other two branches of government and 50 State governments? In what time frame do you see this occurring, why, and how?

Whether Sen McCain or Sen Obama is elected, I have confidence in the US Constitution, the institutions, due process, and the people who have sworn to uphold those institutions of the US will survive and likely continue to thrive for many. I may prefer the choices, policies, record, and advisors/likely appointees of one over the other.

VR/Marg

I think we are in the creek and the paddle will be missing which ever one of them gets elected. But one says he will let me keep MUCH more of my own money than the other does. Makes the choice simple even though down right dis-tasteful.[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

This whole thing is so ridiculous I can't believe anyone with more than a kindergarten education gives it any credence whatsoever.

What Dan said.

Edit - (sorry Marg of course you too)

VR/Marg

- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Unfortunately Bah bah bah is becoming the standard US language, at least that’s my fear.

What happened to the free thinkers?

the term "free thinkers" can be used by anyone on any side.

what the problem is (IMO) is that the exchange of ideas and opinion is being killed by name calling and placed labels.

Let me ask you this. Would you say anyone that you disagree with is a free thinker?

My take on your posts is that you would not.
Abraham Lincoln

I have no problem with people who disagree with me, and many times I have had people change my mind.
I don’t see being stubborn or unchanging as a badge of merit.

However how blind must you be to history and how irrational to mention a bunch of names and use that as justification that Muslims are dangerous.

What standard did the person use to reach that decision?

All I am saying is this. If you believe in equality, freedom, and honesty then you should apply the same standard to all not just the guys who don’t look like you.

We excuse every thing we have done for the reason that we were the one doing it. That to me is not a valid explanation.
If you hate violence done to you you should not do violence to others.
This is not a matter of opinion.

I have no problem with people who disagree with me, and many times I have had people change my mind.

However how blind must you be to history and how irrational to mention a bunch of names and use that as justification that Muslims are dangerous. I was speaking in general. I agree with you here

All I am saying is this. If you believe in equality, freedom, and honesty then you should apply the same standard to all not just the guys who don’t look like you.Again, we agree

We excuse every thing we have done for the reason that we were the one doing it. That to me is not a valid explanation.Agreed
If you hate violence done to you you should not do violence to others.Agreed

I do not follow your last statement in this context, sorry
Abraham Lincoln

If you study history no one NO ONE has started more wars then us in the past 100 years. I know some assume we are always justified for the killing we do but believe it or not that’s not the case. Last I checked one person doesn’t have the right to decide to sacrifice someone else’s life for the good of others.

Umm, which wars are these, and who exactly is "us." The US? Christian nations? Whitey?

The US did not start WWI (Eurotrash), WWII (Germans, Japanese), Korea (North Korea), or Vietnam (French), the major conflicts of the 20th Century we were involved in. We likely did start the Spanish American War (the Maine explosion and Hearst is suspicious), but that's past your 100 year cutoff.

The Taliban initiated the war with Afghanistan.
Saddam Hussein iniated the two Iraqi wars with his invasion of Kuwait and then his continued violations of his surrender treaty.
Maybe you can blame the US for the Contras in Nicaragua. Invasions of Grenada/Panama are valid ones, but pretty minor.

In contrast, how many times have the neighbors of Israel attacked it? How many more times would they have if Israel didn't have nukes.

Few Muslim states have had the power to engage in wars till past WWII - they were mostly colonies prior to that time.

A simple Google search turns up dozens of conservative websites that have quoted this piece. It would have been good form for you to cite an attribution.

Anyhow, Muslim-bashing has been pretty well wrung-out on this Forum. It's gotten old.

Its because of this attitude that people are going to get comfortable again, and lower their gaurds only for these people to do it again, as they have so many times thru out our history. Are we ever gonna learn?

Your list and argument implies that no other terorrist attacks (say 1996 olympics, or Tim McVeigh) never took place. Sort of falls apart quickly when you find instead that terrorists acts come from those who don't have the power to engage in direct, traditional warfare.

Really the Vietnamese people invaded the shores and declared war on America?

WWII we were attacked maybe that is why people feel that war was justified.

However a war where no one has attacked your home land and you have to go thousands of miles to start it is unnecessary or at the least unethical.
I don’t think money, oil, or opinion is a justified reason to kill someone. Self-defense is.

However how blind must you be to history and how irrational to mention a bunch of names and use that as justification that Muslims are dangerous. I was speaking in general. I agree with you here

All I am saying is this. If you believe in equality, freedom, and honesty then you should apply the same standard to all not just the guys who don’t look like you.Again, we agree

We excuse every thing we have done for the reason that we were the one doing it. That to me is not a valid explanation.Agreed
If you hate violence done to you you should not do violence to others.Agreed

I do not follow your last statement in this context, sorry

You see we agree:)