BillyVance

Is God trying to tell us something?

What with the Tsunami of 2006 and now this cyclone disaster in Burma (Myanmar) killing tens of thousands of people.

I was just wondering, does God have something against Muslims and military junta governments? :P

Sure you can make the argument that the U.S. gets its share of disasters, just not with the amount of deaths like the others.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Imagine how bad hurricane Katrina would have been if no one evacuated and everyone lived in shanties ...

Pretty bad, but we're the U.S. and Katrina hit in just about the worst possible spot. Now if Katrina hit 50-60 miles further west than it did, the death toll likely would be about double what it is. Hell, the 9th Ward in New Orleans isn't much better than the towns in Myanmar that were obliterated. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Everyone knows that Hurricane Katrina was caused by homos.
:|

What, did they all snap their wrist at the same time creating a large gust of wind which turned into hurricane Katrina?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Which god are you referring to? There are so many to choose from.

God of all Gods. The one that says "I am that I am".

Yeah, there'll be lots of arguments with that one.

Everyone knows that Hurricane Katrina was caused by homos.
:|

What, did they all snap their wrist at the same time creating a large gust of wind which turned into hurricane Katrina?

That's a lot of homos to create that 23 foot surge! :o:S:D

Popeye?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Trying? Most of us get the message loud and clear. Right now he's apologizing for your confusion and asking that you please understand how tough ASL is with holes in your palms. :o:D

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Popeye?

Close, but there's a difference between "yam" and "am". :D

Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

Etc...

Billy - we already appreciate that you frequently sin like Onan. However, you are moving forward to the sin of Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar!!! Repent, lest the hand of the Almighty fall on you!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Which god are you referring to? There are so many to choose from.

Yeah, there'll be lots of arguments with that one.

Of all Gods? I thought you guys were pretty big on the idea that your bloke was the only God?;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What with the Tsunami of 2006 and now this cyclone disaster in Burma (Myanmar) killing tens of thousands of people.

I was just wondering, does God have something against Muslims and military junta governments? :P

Sure you can make the argument that the U.S. gets its share of disasters, just not with the amount of deaths like the others.

1st world nations rarely have many fatalities - they are better prepared ahead of time, and have better response thereafter (as pathetic as FEMA was in LA, it's still better than trying to help every small village in a place with no remaining roads).

Central America loses loads of people to mudslides when the rains really pour. How much worse can it be than to drown in mud? Nothing muslim about it - they have terrible infrastructure. And really really heavy rainfall. (so heavy that I had to wait 2 hours before it was safe to go diving due to poor surface visibility)

I was just wondering, does God have something against Muslims and military junta governments?

He has heard the complaints of the GW nuts and about how humans are overpopulating the Earth. Al Gore said the discussion is over so God decided to help him out.

Al Gore said the discussion is over so God decided to help him out.

Therefore, Al Gore has control over God
Therefore, Al Gore has Godlike powers

which is what he's been telling us all along

However, Al Gore is corporeal and can be proven to exist

therefore there is proof of God

therefore faith does not exist

therefore God cannot exist

therefore, Al Gore cannot exist and he must 'inform himself' of the fact and discorporate

(the Babel Fish argument is so handy)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

1. Everyone knows there are no homosexuals in Muslim countries.;)
2. Everyone knows that natural disasters only happen to places that tolerate homosexual behavior.:S

So you can’t be right.:|

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

"God of ALL Gods"...yes, "I am that I am"....that's the ONE.

He has been trying to get people's attention for many thousands of years...and still they don't listen, because it would likely mean a change in their lifestyle.

You should listen before its too late.

That is ONE that you can take to the bank.....

Bill Cole