mamajumps

What a waste of oxygen!!!

http://www.theledger.com/article/20080111/NEWS/801110408/1039

This is one sick f**K! He should not be allowed to consume oxygen any longer, especially since he confessed! What a piece of shit!>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

This is one of those cases where I see the death penalty to be appropriate. The kid was born, but wasnt given a chance at living. This guy shouldnt have that chance either.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I think an appropriate punishment for this guy is to be beaten nearly to death only to be somewhat nursed back to health and the beaten nearly to death again and again and again. Let him live the remainder of his days in severe, constant, agonizing, excruciating pain. Instant death would be to good for this sick piece of shit.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I like that use because the second time around they know exactly what’s coming and it worse for them. Also a good use for medical experiments that wouldn’t even do on animals and lab rats.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I can't agree with that. Torture is not the answer, and revenge solves nothing. We simply want him to never ever do it again. If he's dead, he can't, and he's not a drain on resources.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

This is one of those cases where I see the death penalty to be appropriate.

So you're ready to execute him, even though he hasn't been tried in court yet?

Why should he be tried (wasting tax-payers money) when he confessed, explained what he did (in detail) and why?:S

>We simply want him to never ever do it again. If he's dead, he can't,
>and he's not a drain on resources.

Agreed. Execution or life in prison with no parole - whatever's cheaper. Not because some will enjoy watching him die or rot in prison, but because that way he can never harm anyone again.

Revenge helps no one.

I had to think about that for a second, thinking they never put these people in general population. But he is not a child molester, he is just one sadistic SOB. So the general population would probably take care of him but I still don't think the tax payers should be responsible for keeping this SOB alive for one second.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

>We simply want him to never ever do it again. If he's dead, he can't,
>and he's not a drain on resources.

Agreed. Execution or life in prison with no parole - whatever's cheaper. Not because some will enjoy watching him die or rot in prison, but because that way he can never harm anyone again.

Revenge helps no one.

You throw a piece of perspective which I never thought of before. That being "whatever's cheaper"! Very nice. I agree.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This is one of those cases where I see the death penalty to be appropriate. The kid was born, but wasnt given a chance at living. This guy shouldnt have that chance either.

The doctors could have taken her life three seconds before she took her first breath, and all would have been well with the world.:S

Oh yeah those doctors are bastards. Like the one who performed one on a women who had conjoined twins that had only one set of lungs and one heart, or the woman who had metastic melanoma and needed immediate chemo, or wait how about the one where the fetus had a three-chamberd heart and would never live. Yeah, the doc that performed all these is in the same class as this guy. >:(:S Argumentum ad ignorantiam plain and simple.

The child's mother, Juana Rodriguez, was also interviewed. She said Gomez-Romero was "violently aggressive" toward their daughter and he would carry their daughter by her hands into the bedroom and close the door, and shortly afterward she would hear their daughter begin to cry.

This had been going on for a while and the mother knew.

Seems like there needs to be some space in jail for two.

The child's mother, Juana Rodriguez, was also interviewed. She said Gomez-Romero was "violently aggressive" toward their daughter and he would carry their daughter by her hands into the bedroom and close the door, and shortly afterward she would hear their daughter begin to cry.

This had been going on for a while and the mother knew.

Seems like there needs to be some space in jail for two.

I'm thinking Hedda Nussbaum...Joel Steinberg and Lisa Steinberg.
This new perp probably had the mother terrified.
Let the courts do what they gotta do but NO protective custody for him...put him in Gen Pop. He'll get whats coming to him.

If you really think about it...we're out in GP too and you get what you got coming to you. Be decent, you may live a natural life. Act like an asshat and you won't ever make to court. do something vile and end up in jail and you're own your own,

Abused women in this situation with children can't protect themselves, and that cycle of abuse seems to be 'family tradition'; some rise above but this is an extreme case.Focus on who hurt the baby and what was the mother afraid of.~~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

no one said that - let him have his day in court. THEN when he is convicted, turn his ass loose int he general population in prison.

he will either get killed or have to become somebody's bitch forever for protection.

either one is pretty good justice....

I'd be ready to execute him if after he went to trial he was found guilty and the accusations made against him were proven true. Should it be proven tha the article is telling thwe truth, the death penalty is appropriate in this case.

Why should he be tried (wasting tax-payers money) when he confessed, explained what he did (in detail) and why?:S

I dont think a confession is enough. Recall John Mark Karr's confesion in the Ramsey case? The guy just wanted publicity.

Because (crazy piece of info coming at ya here) confessions don't always mean that someone is guilty! Some mentally ill people will confess to crimes for attention, other suspects will have confessions beaten out of them by the authorities. If we take the view that a confession is sufficient evidence to completely circumvent the legal process then some innocent people will be jailed/ executed and some guilty people will go free to re-offend.

Shortcutting the system for any reason is a bad idea and no, it's not possible to make an exception 'just this once because we really really do know he definitely did it'.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

JohnRich, pop & jakee:

Bravo. You 3 guys all get it.

Genuine rule of law, and honoring it in practice (as opposed to "in the breach"), is neither liberal nor conservative. It neither coddles criminal defendants nor brutalizes them. It is, quite simply, the only legitimate way for a democratic nation to enact justice.