akarunway

I just drove past my local Home Depot

It's the same ol' deal, John. They got nothin' so, they play the 'race card'. I've found, the 'defenders' and supporters of illegal aliens, when all else fails... whip that 'card' out. During all the marches held in this country in support of illegals, they dealt that 'card'... that's all they have. That dog, don't hunt!

Chuck

We had a job in Atlantic city for a good customer that we do work all over the country for. First day on the job some guy asks my employee if we are union. Of course he answered no. That night "someone" cuts all the wires inside our transformer boxes and along with some other pussy sabotage to our work.

On the last union job I was on, I was working under a guy who had traveled for work with the local in Boston. He told me that many non-union shops know better than to bid on jobs within 50 miles of Boston because of sabotage. This guy basically admitted to taking part in such actions. I called him out on it and then he starts back tracking saying what a bad neighborhood it was and anyone could have done it. :S

Fine, then we'll examine some simile from your earlier posts:

Would you define, "swarm your car like rats" as a phrase of even the least amount of respect?

And excuse me for misquoting, they were referred to as "fuckers", not "fucking mexicans". Way different.

Admit it, the initial posts in this thread were about the same as the other threads where a bunch of retards ask, "was his name Muhammad"?

So you just add to that irony yourself, because now two people who have accused others of racism, are themselves the ones using the derogatory terms for the illegal aliens. Ha!

Your logic is flawless.

If you expect people to take you seriously, you have to quit insulting them, and actually take the time to try and explain your disagreements using facts and logic.

While I take others in this conversation seriously, some people I don't, and am not interested in opening up a dialog with them. Stupid questions/statements get stupid answers and the like...

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

here in az its really bad not only at Home depot but at alot of gas stations in areas as well, i have had to chase people out of the back of my truck many of times, they all are wanting to work( No i Dont have a problem with them wanting to work either) and competing with each other for each spot that before any of them ask they dogpile in. in Phx there is a furniture store that tried to get them removed from standing in front of the store, thier are lottering laws in the state but because every time they are tried to be enforced activist comes screaming and yelling about racism discrimanation and profile and the bring lawsuites against who ever tried to do something, as with the furniture store, they currently have people outside in front of the store with picket signs and blocking the front door so people cannot get in and they are beign sued by the illegals.
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

Well, if I continue having problems with my neighbor maybe I'll pick up 10 of these guys and pay them $20 each to dig a 25 foot deep hole in the neighbor's front yard.:D

I'll just tell them my name is Charlie, drop them off, and drive away for the day......

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

We had a job in Atlantic city for a good customer that we do work all over the country for. First day on the job some guy asks my employee if we are union. Of course he answered no. That night "someone" cuts all the wires inside our transformer boxes and along with some other pussy sabotage to our work.

On the last union job I was on, I was working under a guy who had traveled for work with the local in Boston. He told me that many non-union shops know better than to bid on jobs within 50 miles of Boston because of sabotage. This guy basically admitted to taking part in such actions. I called him out on it and then he starts back tracking saying what a bad neighborhood it was and anyone could have done it. :S

------------------------------------------------------------

My customer tried to get a union company to bid on the job because he knew we may hae issues working in AC bein non-union. He waited 6 weeks and got no estimate from the union company and then they get pissed because we are working there. In the other trades he had to pay guys to sit around because it was required to have a certain amount of man power on site even though it was not needed. He did say that most of them did a good job but the ones that did not were impossible to get rid of.:S
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Illegals irk me too, but how come there's never a similar crowd of white welfare recipients willing to do such work?

Blues,
Dave

Because they're lazy ass bastards. :D

I know, I know... I'm waaay late, so what.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Construction sites that use these guys undermine the attempts of the unions to build a strong economy.

Thats got to be one of the funniest things I have read in SC in a long time.

Gee, I hope you didn't bust your nut rolling all about yourself.
According to some, the man or woman on the factory floor is crap and not worth more than minimum wage. Hell, you people would be happy to see unions gone and leave it up to the corporation to set the wage. Bill, believes that the worker on the floor would be able to negotiate their wage with management. Would never happen if management had free range on what they would pay. They would pay far under what minimum allows.
My wage in the factory was high, as it should be. I made far more than the guy who swept and for good reason. My job was specialized as not many in there could weld aluminum, copper and bronze. With proper training they could. However, not everyone wants to weld. When I worked as a pipe welder I made union scale there also. Not every welder can weld a vertical up and pass the NDT. With proper training they could. Then again, not everyone wants to weld pressure pipe.
Those wages allowed me to live fairly nice in a nice area. My money was spent in my community. It filtered into the shops around me. If everyone were making chump change, many of the shops we patronize would not be in existence.
Go ahead and use illegals and pay the chump change they are willing to take. That money will quickly leave the area for somewhere south of the border. I much rather pay rate and know that my money stays in the US to support the guy down the road. Not someone south of the border.
We need to hookup. I wonder how many people know what the O.D. of a 24" schedule 40 pipe is. Carbon steel. Or the volume of 2' of it. How about the heating temps for 9 Crome pipe before and after it's welded, cooling times etc.. And lay on that 600' pipe while welding w/ leathers on. What's a gamma plug? I know my shit and I deserve my pay. Just like a fuckin lawyer, doctor or whatever.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Funny thing (not laughable funny), when I was up on the CP rail in B.C. all was fine until, word got to the authority that I had a DUI sometime back in my past. The Mounties showed up and took me in as an undesirable to be deported. I was told that I was more than welcomed to come visit Canada but I could not work in Canada due to the DUI. A Mountie stayed with me all the way into the US and said goodbye when I past through US customs. Hmmm, oh well, I still like Canada (not real fond of the French Canadians, however. Damn, were they hard to work with)

As for specialized, I am not saying that we in the TIG area were so special that we deserved more. Not at all. What I mean is that the position required far more skill and welding knowledge than the guy who only knows how to squeeze the trigger on a MIG gun. Same as those in the machine shop. These jobs were not OJT. You hired in due to your ability to produce a top quality weld that will not break. During the destructive test, the parent metal better break and your weld must be intact. If your weld breaks, you did not get the job. That simple. There was only 2 TIG welders per shift. Certian fields in the welding industry are specialized and the skills need to be developed to produce the strongest, defect free weld. Those fields get the higher pay. Those who did not develope those skills stayed in the booths that merely threw a bit of weld on two pieces of metal and sent them to the line.

As for muti tasking, we did far more than just TIG weld in our area. We also fabricated our own parts. We ran the CNC turret as well as the CNC brakes. We cut all of our own metal. We built the framework for the portapaks as well as the walls and roofs. It was never the samething each day. All of the units were built to the customers need.
After Ingersol Rand sent these jobs away and shut us down, I put in a bid for the robotic welder and won it. Honestly, I hated the job. It was repetitive and more than boring. Samething day in and day out. These days I'm still trying to make my home business thrive. Sometimes it does well, sometimes it does not. I'm never bored though. I enjoy doing embroidery and t-shirt printing. Being happy with what you do is far more important than the big dollar.

LOL. You are prolly only 1 of a few people on this site that knows what TIG means. They are all lawyers and doctors and philosophers and such. Any of you people what TIG stands for w/o googling it?

I know my shit and I deserve my pay.

If you have skills that are in demand, then yes you deserve to be paid what the open market pays for such skills and experience. If the open market says that you should be paid something which results in an above average income, then so be it. None of us anti-union people are saying you should not be paid for what you are worth (and it's obvious you have skills and experience very few people have and we don't doubt you didn't work hard obtaining such skills and experience). We're just saying you should be paid based on the current market demand as opposed to what some union boss says you should be paid.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Just lick a fuckin lawyer, doctor or whatever.;)

OK... Is she hot?
Actually the last one I hired was VERY HOT. She moved to Oregon before I had a chance to fuck her tho. She did beat the charges tho.;)

Construction sites that use these guys undermine the attempts of the unions to build a strong economy.

Thats got to be one of the funniest things I have read in SC in a long time.

Gee, I hope you didn't bust your nut rolling all about yourself.
According to some, the man or woman on the factory floor is crap and not worth more than minimum wage. Hell, you people would be happy to see unions gone and leave it up to the corporation to set the wage. Bill, believes that the worker on the floor would be able to negotiate their wage with management. Would never happen if management had free range on what they would pay. They would pay far under what minimum allows.
My wage in the factory was high, as it should be. I made far more than the guy who swept and for good reason. My job was specialized as not many in there could weld aluminum, copper and bronze. With proper training they could. However, not everyone wants to weld. When I worked as a pipe welder I made union scale there also. Not every welder can weld a vertical up and pass the NDT. With proper training they could. Then again, not everyone wants to weld pressure pipe.
Those wages allowed me to live fairly nice in a nice area. My money was spent in my community. It filtered into the shops around me. If everyone were making chump change, many of the shops we patronize would not be in existence.
Go ahead and use illegals and pay the chump change they are willing to take. That money will quickly leave the area for somewhere south of the border. I much rather pay rate and know that my money stays in the US to support the guy down the road. Not someone south of the border.
We need to hookup. I wonder how many people know what the O.D. of a 24" schedule 40 pipe is. Carbon steel. Or the volume of 2' of it. How about the heating temps for 9 Crome pipe before and after it's welded, cooling times etc.. And lay on that 600' pipe while welding w/ leathers on. What's a gamma plug? I know my shit and I deserve my pay. Just like a fuckin lawyer, doctor or whatever.;)

It's that kind of pride and skill that built this country! So many folks look down their noses at 'blue collar' hands but, where would we be without them. I came from 'blue collar' and am, 'blue collar'. Life, is good!

Chuck

We need to hookup. I wonder how many people know what the O.D. of a 24" schedule 40 pipe is. Carbon steel. Or the volume of 2' of it. How about the heating temps for 9 Crome pipe before and after it's welded, cooling times etc.. And lay on that 600' pipe while welding w/ leathers on. What's a gamma plug? I know my shit and I deserve my pay. Just like a fuckin lawyer, doctor or whatever.Wink

LOL. You are prolly only 1 of a few people on this site that knows what TIG means. They are all lawyers and doctors and philosophers and such. Any of you people what TIG stands for w/o googling it?

Uh, I know most of the first part and know that TIG is tungsten inert gas. I learned how to do that in about a day and it took about another day to become very proficient at it. I learned from my roommate, for whom I designed (from scratch) and help build a hydraulic dumping trailer capable of holding about 3 tons... when I was 19. To top it off according to every standardized test I've taken I'm smarter/more educated/whatever than 99.9% of the country who's graduated high school. I'm also going to a college where my tuition, housing, utilities and travel expenses are fully paid for, and clear well over $10k a year solely from academic merit based scholarships. Am I one of these people your writing appears to hold such contempt for? I'm not trying to brag, I'm honestly curious because I'm the type of person who tends to characterize what academia is perceived as.

You say you deserve your pay, which is how much? How much compared to a doctor, lawyer, or a biomechanical engineer?

The impression I'm getting is that you feel entitled to a high wage for a comparably simple to learn task. Am I correct?
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

Remember the dot com situation ?
30% of the software people in San Fran out of work?
IT is not unionized.

And they bitched and moaned about their jobs going to India for the cheap wage...

The dot-com situation happened because Clinton doubled and then tripled the number of H-1B workers allowed into the country. This created a huge shock in the industry because it overnight turned a huge shortage of IT workers into a huge glut of IT workers.

Outsourcing to India is a factor too but it was a longer term process. The increase in the number of H-1B workers changed the dynamic overnight.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

We need to hookup. I wonder how many people know what the O.D. of a 24" schedule 40 pipe is. Carbon steel. Or the volume of 2' of it. How about the heating temps for 9 Crome pipe before and after it's welded, cooling times etc.. And lay on that 600' pipe while welding w/ leathers on. What's a gamma plug? I know my shit and I deserve my pay. Just like a fuckin lawyer, doctor or whatever.Wink

Uh, I know most of the first part and know that TIG is tungsten inert gas. I learned how to do that in about a day and it took about another day to become very proficient at it. I learned from my roommate, for whom I designed (from scratch) and help build a hydraulic dumping trailer capable of holding about 3 tons... when I was 19. To top it off according to every standardized test I've taken I'm smarter/more educated/whatever than 99.9% of the country who's graduated high school. I'm also going to a college where my tuition, housing, utilities and travel expenses are fully paid for, and clear well over $10k a year solely from academic merit based scholarships. Am I one of these people your writing appears to hold such contempt for? I'm not trying to brag, I'm honestly curious because I'm the type of person who tends to characterize what academia is perceived as.

You say you deserve your pay, which is how much? How much compared to a doctor, lawyer, or a biomechanical engineer?

The impression I'm getting is that you feel entitled to a high wage for a comparably simple to learn task. Am I correct?

Multi task. Usually a forman. My package is $45 an hr. straight time when I'm on the tools. Forman 15% more. Nite shift 15% more. GF 15% more. Overtime and double time. Won't work DT unless I have a job deadline cause the fucking govt. takes the majority. You like you electricity? Well. I provide it. So you can fuck off too!

Uh, I know most of the first part and know that TIG is tungsten inert gas. I learned how to do that in about a day and it took about another day to become very proficient at it.

I think I had two days of training before TIG welding overpacks on a few capsules containing ~8 lbs of cesium (Cs-137) chloride each. I wouldn't say that I was "very proficient" at it, but I was good enough.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Multi task. Usually a forman. My package is $45 an hr. straight time when I'm on the tools. Forman 15% more. Nite shift 15% more. GF 15% more. Overtime and double time. Won't work DT unless I have a job deadline cause the fucking govt. takes the majority. You like you electricity? Well. I provide it. So you can fuck off too!

I would still like to know if I'm one of those people your writing appears to hold such contempt for. You seem to have constructed some persona of a white collar arrogant academic. For the most part I fit that description, but I've also learned more than a fair amount of blue collar skills.

I apologize if my post came across as demeaning, it was not my intention. I'm merely trying to understand why you appear to have such anger against, as freethefly put it, "suit and ties" and support a union, something I view as unfair and inefficient.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ