DropDgorgeous

I would like to tell you a bit more about God

Personally I would rather see that money spent on feeding the starving or helping the millions of AIDS victims in Africa…

Get with it!

So you think that it is better to blow $35million on a "creation" museum then to put food in the mouths of starving children???? I think it is you that needs to "get with it"....
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

So you think that it is better to blow $35million on a "creation" museum then to put food in the mouths of starving children????

Since putting food in the mouths of starving children is so noble, I think we should just go around bitching at everybody about how they are not spending their money the way you want them to. :S
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

So you think that it is better to blow $35million on a "creation" museum then to put food in the mouths of starving children????

Since putting food in the mouths of starving children is so noble, I think we should just go around bitching at everybody about how they are not spending their money the way you want them to. :S

So $35million on a creation museum is money well spent in your eyes is it??

Its just emphasises the point that mankind really will be better off once we have evolved out of this need for silly sky gods...

Also why do we see lighting rods on the top of church spires??? Is that a lack of confidence????
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Personally I would rather see that money spent on feeding the starving or helping the millions of AIDS victims in Africa…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get with it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you think that it is better to blow $35million on a "creation" museum then to put food in the mouths of starving children???? I think it is you that needs to "get with it"....

Nor do we need museums explaining the hypothesis of how an alligator turned into a bird.
For that matter, as long as there are starving children in the world, why are we wasting money on city parks, bike trails, play grounds, etc?

Nor do we need museums explaining the hypothesis of how an alligator turned into a bird.
For that matter, as long as there are starving children in the world, why are we wasting money on city parks, bike trails, play grounds, etc?

I think the point he is getting at (and im sure you agree with it) is that the Creation Museum is full of stuff which has been pretty much proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be false.

So no, we do not need this. It has no benefit to ANYONE.
To know requires proof
To believe requires evidence
To have faith requires neither.
If you stick with that, we'll never be confused again

I think the point he is getting at (and im sure you agree with it) is that the Creation Museum is full of stuff which has been pretty much proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be false.

In part. However Royd is completely correct in saying that the argumen of "why are X spending money on Y when there are starving children in the world!" is a complete dead end. Everyone spends money on frivolous, ultimately useless things when there are 'better' causes around. You can't condemn anyone for that without condmening everyone.

On the other hand Royd is, as always, completely and utterly clueless about biology.:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Get with it!

To which particular museum(s) do you refer? I was not even aware that the alligator --> bird hypothesis existed, but I'd go out of my way to visit such a museum to see the evidence.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

To which particular museum(s) do you refer? I was not even aware that the alligator --> bird hypothesis existed, but I'd go out of my way to visit such a museum to see the evidence.

Where did birds come from?

AS an attempt at a diversion, that didn't even make it to mediocre. (The answer is EGGS).

Are you retracting your statement about museums now?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Nor do we need museums explaining the hypothesis of how an
>alligator turned into a bird.

We don't have any such museums. We do, however, have museums that show fossils, which are items of great scientific interest.

> For that matter, as long as there are starving children in the world,
>why are we wasting money on city parks, bike trails, play grounds, etc?

Because we care more about ourselves (and our loved ones) than other people far away.

Because we care more about ourselves (and our loved ones) than other people far away.

Exactly what you would expect with natural selection. In evolutionary theory altruism arises at least partly by individuals wanting to protect their genes. As their close relatives may have their genes they are more likely to be altruistic to those closer to them. If on the other hand altruism comes from a universal loving god we would not expect this relationship. Yet that is exactly what we see.

Exactly what you would expect with natural selection. In evolutionary theory altruism arises at least partly by individuals wanting to protect their genes. As their close relatives may have their genes they are more likely to be altruistic to those closer to them. If on the other hand altruism comes from a universal loving god we would not expect this relationship. Yet that is exactly what we see.

An irony here is that those who claim that there is no God, and therefore, no such thing as sin, still seem to use the human emotion of guilt when it fits their agenda.

An irony here is that those who claim that there is no God, and therefore, no such thing as sin, still seem to use the human emotion of guilt when it fits their agenda.

Wouldnt you say guilt is a human feeling brought about by their own perception of right and wrong? Some people feel guilt over tiny things, some feel it over nothing. Surely if guilt was tied in to you cocept of a Sin as mentioned in the bible, everyone would have the same levels of guit for the same things?
To know requires proof
To believe requires evidence
To have faith requires neither.
If you stick with that, we'll never be confused again

And once again, why is this an irony? Explain to me why atheism means no morals?

Really, you may think hat you're being clever with all these little one liners (if evolutionists think they're related to monkeys, why do they still think it's wrong to have sex with chimpanzees?) but you're just demonstrating how clueless you are.

Reply To

And once again, why is this an irony? Explain to me why atheism means no morals?

Because one of the main reasons for the rejection of the concept a higher authority and a moral law, is that some people want to do as they please, when they please, without someone telling them that it's wrong.
You see, for people who think like this, it's only wrong to cheat on your spouse if you get caught, and then it's ok to lie about it if you think that you can convince the other person that it didn't happen.

Really, you may think hat you're being clever with all these little one liners (if evolutionists think they're related to monkeys, why do they still think it's wrong to have sex with chimpanzees?) but you're just demonstrating how clueless you are.

Thanks for the new line. I hadn't thought of that one yet. I'll try to use it in the next argument.;)

Because one of the main reasons for the rejection of the concept a higher authority and a moral law, is that some people want to do as they please, when they please, without someone telling them that it's wrong.

What utter crap. I don't reject god because it stops me from becoming a murdering rapist bastard, I reject it because it's grade one bullshit.

Completely wrong, and quite insulting.

Completely wrong, and quite insulting.

It's ironic seeing you complain about offensive posts, on the topic of faith/belief. You make more anti-religion, anti-Christian posts than just about anyone else on this site. It's pretty clear many are intended to be offensive and insulting.

"Because one of the main reasons for the rejection of the concept a higher authority and a moral law, is that some people want to do as they please, when they please, without someone telling them that it's wrong. "

Your views make specific prediction which can be tested. The implication of what you say is that people dont believe in god becuase they want to abandon morality. If thats true comparable socieities which hav a higher rate of atheism will see more crime. In fact the opposite is true , look at Scandinavia and compare it to the USA . Both are wealthy western nations but Scandinavia has a mjority of non believers and the USa a majority of believers. gues what? the USa has enourmosly higher crime rate.

Your ideas are not consistent with the evidence. personally i dont believe in god becuase there is no evidence of god , simple as that. Most atheists I have ever spoken to think the same.

You make more anti-religion, anti-Christian posts than just about anyone else on this site.

You think saying that a Christmas tree is a pagan symbol is anti-religious. You think expressing disagreement with any portion of christian doctrine is bigotted and hateful. In short, you're blinded by your own viewpoint.

Oh, and I would say that I'm shocked that once again your continued involvement in this thread is solely motivated by me, but I'm actually not at all surprised.

You make more anti-religion, anti-Christian posts than just about anyone else on this site.

You think saying that a Christmas tree is a pagan symbol is anti-religious.

You are wrong.

You think expressing disagreement with any portion of christian doctrine is bigotted and hateful.

Actually, I think bigoted and hateful opinions about Christian doctrine are bigoted and hateful. :P

In short, you're blinded by your own viewpoint.

If only I were as objective and fair-minded as you. :D:D:D

Actually, I think bigoted and hateful opinions about Christian doctrine are bigoted and hateful.

... And you've yet to see a post critical of christianity that you didn't think was bigoted.

Y'know what's funny?

A few pages back I asked if you had any reason to be in this thread except me. You accused me of myopia (I actually have mild astygmatism, if you're really interested in my eyes).

Since then you made exactly zero posts to this thread until today, when you made a completely off topic reply to attack me - and now I'm even your sig line!!

So tell me, why do I fascinate you so? I haven't had someone follow me around this avidly since my last dog died.