DropDgorgeous

I would like to tell you a bit more about God

it does show a rather large lack of confidence.... or perhaps uncertainty woudnt you agree....

No. I'd protect myself from lightning just as I would protect myself from smashing into the earth at 120 mph by using a parachute.

I think you have missed my point... :S
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Who cares?

Obviously you do, but also interestingly [sic] Before 1752 churches had a pesky problem: lightning. Whenever the "artillery of Heaven" would open fire, the church steeple always seemed to be the target. Church leaders lamented how the heathen saloons and houses of ill repute could pass through the average thunderstorm unscathed while the church suffered. Why would God lash out at his own houses of worship, or how could he sit idly by while the devil struck the holy building?

The church of Rosenberg in Austria, in the mountains of Carinthia, was struck so often and so many people were killed that the peasants were too scared to attend services. It was not until 1778 - 26 years after Franklin's discovery - that the authorities permitted a lightning rod to be installed. Afterwards, all storm-related catastrophes ceased.

So I ask, why does your god target churches? You know maybe he doesn’t because he doesn’t exist…..
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Because it is retribution for following the false gods.

Everyone knows that lightning is the sparks from Thor's hammer as it strikes the anvil. Thunder is the sound of the hammer as it strikes.

He even named his hammer Mjolnir. How much clearer can you get than that ?

Thor is punishing all the pagans. It's all written in the book. ;)

:)

[ So I ask, why does your god target churches? You know maybe he doesn’t because he doesn’t exist…..

Interesting history lesson. It would appear Gods reality is unaffected by our pie in the sky ideas of how reality should be. Believers and the unenlightened are all subject to the same divinely established laws of nature. Build a lightning rod onto your Church and you will probably see the electrical wonders of Gods creation first hand.

[ So I ask, why does your god target churches? You know maybe he doesn’t because he doesn’t exist…..

Interesting history lesson. It would appear Gods reality is unaffected by our pie in the sky ideas of how reality should be. Believers and the unenlightened are all subject to the same divinely established laws of nature. Build a lightning rod onto your Church and you will probably see the electrical wonders of Gods creation first hand.

On the other hand, it might just be static electricity.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Doesn't lightning seek the quickest path to the ground, i.e. church steeples(sp?)?

is that by design?