rwieder

Hugo Chavez, Et Al..........

NEWS FLASH:

Chavez is NOW getting a Russian Weapons Factory built by Putin.

The RUSSIANS are building an AK-47 Kalashnikov Assault Rifle factory in
Venezuela , to give armament support to Communist Rebel groups throughout
the Americas .

Chavez NOW has IRANIANS operating his oil refineries in Venezuela for him.
It is likely only a matter of time, if not already, before Chavez has
Iranian built LONG RANGE missiles, with a variety of warhead types aimed
at: Guess Who?

CITGO is NOW in the process of Changing Its Name to PETRO EXPRESS due to
the loss of gasoline sales in the USA due to the recent publicity of
ownership by Chavez of Venezuela.

Every dollar you spend with CITGO or PETRO EXPRESS gasoline will be used
against you, your basic human rights, and your freedoms. He will start wars
here in the Americas that will probably be the death of millions of free
people.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT because Chavez is starting to feel the loss of
revenue from his holdings.
HE NATIONALIZED (took it) CITGO. This is a very important move that everyone should be aware of.

ANNOUNCED JUST RECENTLY, CITGO, BEING AWARE THAT SALES ARE DOWN DUE TO U.S.
CUSTOMERS NOT WANTING TO BUY FROM "CITGO-CHAVEZ", HAVE STARTED TO CHANGE

THE NAME OF SOME OF THEIR STORES TO: "PETRO EXPRESS"

DO NOT BUY FROM "PETRO EXPRESS" EITHER!!!

"PETRO EXPRESS" IS ALSO 100% CONTROLLED BY "CHAVEZ."

KEEP THIS MEMO GOING SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT IS HAPPENING.

BOYCOTT "CITGO" AND "PETRO EXPRESS".............MAKE SURE THIS IS PASSED ON
TO EVERYONE YOUR E-MAIL LIST IN THE UNITED STATES AND OUTSIDE OF
AMERICA

TIME TO DRAW THE LINE IN THE SAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Pun Intended.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/citgo.asp

Many different oil companies buy crude oil from Venezuela, so even Americans who shun CITGO brand gasoline have no guarantee that they aren't still sending their money to that country. And although Citgo may be owned by Petróleos de Venezuela, it is a formerly American company which is still headquartered in the U.S. (in Houston, Texas), employs 4,000 people, and supplies 14,000 independent retailers with gasoline and other petroleum products; Americans with no substantive connection to Venezuela who would be economically harmed by such an action. (Citgo also provides free or discounted heating oil to low-income communities and tribal reservations within the United States.) And, of course, in today's oil market Citgo could likely find alternative buyers for its products far more easily than the U.S. could make up the shortfall created by a cut-off of Venezuelan oil.

Shorter summary - it's basically pointless to try and make political statements through where you buy your gas. Only not buying gas at all has any effect.

I guess we should also boycott NASCAR as the official fuel of NASCAR, Sunoco, imports some of their crude from Venezuela.

We should boycott NASCAR simply as a principle.

That would be too harsh on the Wife-Beater T-shirt industry that is completely reliant on NASCAR.
Remster

>DO NOT BUY FROM "PETRO EXPRESS" EITHER!!!

This is absurd. If you boycott one outlet, another oil company will buy Venezuelan oil. And Chavez will laugh all the way to the bank.

Want to hit him where it hurts? Reduce your fuel usage by 20%. Bike to work one day a week, or carpool, or use E85, or biodiesel, or get a more efficient car, or take the train, or buy a motorcycle. If everyone did that, the price of oil will plummet, and nothing Chavez will be able to do will make it go back up.

But that's the one thing that we as a country are completely and utterly unwilling to consider - because that takes effort. If it can't be accomplished with a bumper sticker (or driving across the street to another gas station) we're not interested.

>If it can't be accomplished with a bumper sticker we're not interested.

right, get the sticker, find the car, clean the bumber, peel that stuff off the back of the sticker, line up the sticker, etc etc etc

don't you have something EASIER to try? Can't the government just pay the car manufacturers to pre-install them?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sunoco, imports some of their crude from Venezuela.

They do?

Yes. They do.

United States Government Energy Information Administration's official statistics
(excel file. relevant data below)

Mar-07 SUNOCO INC CRUDE OIL VENEZUELA

Thanks. It looks like just about all US oil companies import from Venezuela.

What to do? :|

>DO NOT BUY FROM "PETRO EXPRESS" EITHER!!!

This is absurd. If you boycott one outlet, another oil company will buy Venezuelan oil. And Chavez will laugh all the way to the bank.

Want to hit him where it hurts? Reduce your fuel usage by 20%. Bike to work one day a week, or carpool, or use E85, or biodiesel, or get a more efficient car, or take the train, or buy a motorcycle. If everyone did that, the price of oil will plummet, and nothing Chavez will be able to do will make it go back up.

But that's the one thing that we as a country are completely and utterly unwilling to consider - because that takes effort. If it can't be accomplished with a bumper sticker (or driving across the street to another gas station) we're not interested.

One of the most ironic bumper stickers I ever saw was on the back of a Ford Excursion. I saw it as he passed me on the highway doing at least 70 (I was). It read, simply, "No Drilling in the Arctic." Go figure.

>Can't the government just pay the car manufacturers to pre-install them?

Sure, we can have a new tax. We just have to exempt thin people (because they're virtuous and we want to encourage them) and morbidly obsese people (because they really NEED their SUV's to get around.)

Yeah, reduce your oil consumption... AND avoid Citgo. There's nothing wrong with making a statement with where you spend your dollars. It still makes a dent in Citgo if all their retail chains made less.

I actually had a long conversation with the owner of a citgo station that did one of my state inspections (didn't buy gas, thanks) a long time ago. He was a South American dude and was getting REALLY annoyed with Chavez. Little while later... he was a Valero station. It can work.
Oh, hello again!

Sunoco, imports some of their crude from Venezuela.

They do?

Yes. They do.

United States Government Energy Information Administration's official statistics
(excel file. relevant data below)

Mar-07 SUNOCO INC CRUDE OIL VENEZUELA

Thanks. It looks like just about all US oil companies import from Venezuela.

Declare Venezuela to be part of the axis of evil.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I thought Pat Robertson already did that.

Oh yes, I forgot that. I suppose we must invade, then.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I thought Pat Robertson already did that.

Oh yes, I forgot that. I suppose we must invade, then.

I think you mean "liberate". Gonna be hard to do though. I mean with Afghanistan, Iraq, a new war in Iran and potentially Russia how are we going to be able to send any more reservists into a Venezuela yearning for "freedom®"?
Actually, scratch the Russian conflict. That will simply be an expensive arms race. No troops, just debt.

I actually had a long conversation with the owner of a citgo station that did one of my state inspections (didn't buy gas, thanks) a long time ago. He was a South American dude and was getting REALLY annoyed with Chavez. Little while later... he was a Valero station. It can work.

But did he change who he's buying his gasoline from? Read the Snopes article - oil will get sold regardless, at the same price. At best you're going to put some independent station owners in a pinch.

Berkeley tried the boycott bullshit and eventually prohibited itself from buying from any producer.

But did he change who he's buying his gasoline from? Read the Snopes article - oil will get sold regardless, at the same price. At best you're going to put some independent station owners in a pinch.

Valero has their own refineries. Even if some percentage of the oil comes from Venezuela, at least it isn't ALL profit for Chavez. If every gas station sells gas that has some oil in it from Venezuela... what's the sense of adding to Chavez's profit by buying from Citgo?

Like I said. Cut down on usage, then buy what you DO use from someone else. Why give MORE to the wrong people?
Oh, hello again!

Valero has their own refineries. Even if some percentage of the oil comes from Venezuela, at least it isn't ALL profit for Chavez. If every gas station sells gas that has some oil in it from Venezuela... what's the sense of adding to Chavez's profit by buying from Citgo?

Where are the Valero refineries? Valero stations do not only sell gas refined in Valero refineries. Think of how inefficient that would be.

Around my parts Chevron is the primary source.

Okay, you're not getting the point. Valero is not refining in Venezuela. So the only possible support they'd be giving Citgo is wholesale oil purchases in whatever percentages they actually use Venezuelan oil. That means that Citgo is not making a profit anywhere in Valero's process except for any raw goods purchased. To me, and I might be crazy, that's better than letting Citgo get the profit from ALL the steps in the process... down to the retail. Even if a Valero station is purchasing from another refinery... it still cuts Citgo out of the retail side.

And just so you know, you can see where Valero's refineries are here: http://www.valero.com/AboutUs/Refineries/

Pretty well distributed where you see Valero stations...
Oh, hello again!

from my cite:

As we've noted in many other articles discussing various schemes regarding where and how people should purchase gasoline, the global and fungible nature of the world oil market doesn't really provide consumers with many effective opportunities to influence political issues through their buying patterns.

I agree with it. You're accomplishing nothing and inconveniencing yourself in the process. Did you get the bumper sticker too?