shropshire

Goodbye Blair...

and dont let the door of #10 slap your arse on the way out.

Just like Bush, who was elected twice and will be in for 8 years, Blair (or his govt) was elected thrice, and will be in for 10 years.

What can I say? In a democracy, The People get the government They deserve.

Just like Bush, who was elected twice and will be in for 8 years, Blair (or his govt) was elected thrice, and will be in for 10 years.

Actually Blair has already been in power for 10 years, and the labour gov't under his successor (Hmm, I wonder who?) has another couple of years to go before the next election.

As for the gov't we deserve, well, what choice did we have? The Tories were an utter shambles for a long time, and have only just started to get their act together these last few years, and the Lib Dems were just not ready or able (IMO) to form even part of a coalition gov't. Charles Kennedy was driven to alcoholism under the pressures of running the third party in UK politics, just think what would have happened to him with any real responsibility!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It looks like John "2 Jags" Prescott has decided to leave as well.

So that makes 2 ministers (John Reid & John Prescott ) to have jumped before Gordon Brown gets some real power and has a purge of Tony's pals.

Fortunately I can't see Gordon Brown surviving a general election.

John
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think my attitude stinks you should smell my fingers

I like the headline on the Times Online.

Blair quits: 'I did what I thought was right'

Aparently ignorance is an excuse for a Prime Minister these days.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think my attitude stinks you should smell my fingers

Actually Blair has already been in power for 10 years, and the labour gov't under his successor (Hmm, I wonder who?) has another couple of years to go before the next election.

As for the gov't we deserve, well, what choice did we have? The Tories were an utter shambles for a long time, and have only just started to get their act together these last few years, and the Lib Dems were just not ready or able (IMO) to form even part of a coalition gov't. Charles Kennedy was driven to alcoholism under the pressures of running the third party in UK politics, just think what would have happened to him with any real responsibility!

I work with Charles Kennedy's brother, Charles wasn't driven to drink, he was ALWAYS a piss head :D it's just supprising that he hid it for so long

Well, strictly speaking we've never had an elected PM.

Technically that's true but people do vote based on who is likely to be the next prime minister. In situations like this where the new PM gets "coronated", many voters feel cheated and rightly so.

The honourable thing would be for Gordon Brown to call a general election. What are the chances of that?