diablopilot

I've fucking had it!!!

we cant pass on the inside

Actually you can legally "undertake" in the UK so long as you "notify" the plonker in the middle/fast lane of your intention (providing of course that you are not exceeding the speed limit)... Weaving through lanes is illegal as it is dangerous driving.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Just got back from Laos, I saw a woman on a motorbike with two children sitting in front of her, groceries in the back and yacking on the cell phone.
Momma was driving onto to the oncoming traffic, and trying to manage the balance at the same time the kids are flailing their arms.
The driving onto oncoming traffic I understand they all doi it, but the phone, the kids, the wobbling, man I was just waiting to see kids, groceries and woman go flying...she managed to get back on the road and continue her juggling act...and that is not an isolated case, this kind of crap is going on all over the world.

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

I believe in the UK its an automatic fine and 3 points off your license now. I think 12 points and you lose your license.

What i find more annoying is Americans have no concept of fast and slow lane. Fuckers will drive side by side at 60. Now thats frustrating.

Yup but at least you can pass on the inside.

I have done that a bunch of times. Left shoulder, right shoulder, whatever's clear enough for me to make the move. When they've been side-by-side for more than a mile is when I make that move. :| And I roll the window down and give them both a big fat birdie for their insensitivity when I'm clear of them.

It's been a long while since I've done that though. I almost never travel without the kid so I've had to be more careful and considerate. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You do raise an interesting point that there are all sorts of distractions though. See attached :):D

And to think before we even have this fine safety device mandated by law we actually ENCOURAGE this dangerous activity with carpool lanes.

Guess what? Your call can fucking wait!

This is one of my biggest "pet peeves"! >:(

I can't stand to my be on my bike and the person next to me is drifiting back and forth not even thinking about anyone else on the road! This is one of the reasons I won't ride my bike the 1.5 hours to the dz! I no longer like travelling on the interstate unless I have at least 4 wheels. [:/]

Of course the people on their cell going 5 mph below the speed limit in the "fast" lane also piss me off! >:(

Thanks... I needed this vent! :ph34r:

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

Hello, I'm at home right now, but as soon as I leave I will return your call. Fucking assholes man. I want a big flash card that says " Do you think you could drive better if I shoved that cell phone up your ass?" I layed my Harley down a few yrs back because of a woman sitting at a green light talking on her cell phone. I should have been paying more attention I will admit but if she had pulled away when the light turned green I wouldn't have been put in the the position to begin with. I hate cell phones on the road.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

http://www.internetbumperstickers.com/index.html

I didn't have time to look through all oif them but in the fine print it says if you don't see one you like you can request one.:)

I just recognized one that has been on here before but not in a long time as somebody's sig line.

"DO NOT TAUNT HAPPY FUN BALL"

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I layed my Harley down a few yrs back because of a woman sitting at a green light talking on her cell phone.

This accident is 100% your fault.

There are many bumper stickers that would be more appropriate in this case, I'll leave them to your imagination. :D

I layed my Harley down a few yrs back because of a woman sitting at a green light talking on her cell phone.

This accident is 100% your fault.

There are many bumper stickers that would be more appropriate in this case, I'll leave them to your imagination. :D

green lights mean go, but brake lights mean stop:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Those Nextel (walkie talkie) phones annoy me in restaurants. I'm trying to enjoy my meal and a wackadoo butt cheetoh decides to get on their Nextel and talk really loud with whoever they called...I don't care to hear their conversation. It's RUDE!

Those Nextel (walkie talkie) phones annoy me in restaurants. I'm trying to enjoy my meal and a wackadoo butt cheetoh decides to get on their Nextel and talk really loud with whoever they called...I don't care to hear their conversation. It's RUDE!

In the UK it seemed worse (at least the last time I was there). In the US cellphone use is prevalent but casual. In the UK I noticed way more people walking around making a big show of being on the phone, projecting their voice having an 'important' very public conversation. I don't know exactly what the cues were, it was more than just volume but it just ratcheted up the annoyance factor. This happens occasionally in the USA but it was off the charts in Britain.

A buddy of mine caught someone having yet another 'power' conversation on the London Tube for everyone to hear. Instead of just tollerating it, he decided to repeat everything he heard really loudly. Naturally it made the dozey twat on the phone seem like an idiot for saying such things in public. In the end he got a round of applause from other passengers.

It's funny what factors annoy us about other speaker's calls on the phone, context, volume, topic, or a perception that they're only doing something irritating (or exaggerating it) because they think it impresses people around them.

I volunteered to help with a marathon a few years ago which more or less consisted of me standing in the middle of no where ensuring that everyone on the course stayed on the course.

I didn't have anyone to speak to but had my cell phone and a hands free device... and stood on the side of the street talking to people on the phone... I don't remember how many people in the race ran by inquiring as to what I was saying and if I was talking to them... :D:D

it provided at least a little entertainment for the 6+ hours that I was out there by myself... :D

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

don't hate us wackadoo butt cheetohs just cuz we're more important than you:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I did say that I should hve been paying attention, so yes the accident was my fault, but not entirely. The only person hurt was me. Also in my state a green light means go. Not sit there talking on your fucking cell phone. I watched that light turn green from a block and half away, so I'm not the only one who should have been paying attention. At 45 mph it doesn't take long to cover that distance. I looked off to the side for aprox. 2 seconds and I was up her ass. the moral to this story and this thread is that you have to be aware that not everybody can talk and drive at the same time. Oh by the way, I drove for a living for 22 yrs and literally millions of miles with only that accident. That comes from paying attention and driving defensivly.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

how would any of you like it if i held a cell phone conversation under canopy? hands free or other wise?

something like... following the deployment sequence i pulled my bluetooth out of my pocket and called up my buddy (possibley walt whos flying next to me:D) but anyways thats how i equate it... your life and others is your own responsibility to stay safe, but i still have my bluetooth for the car when i dont have time to pull over and talk

Fly it like you stole it

I believe in the UK its an automatic fine and 3 points off your license now. I think 12 points and you lose your license.

What i find more annoying is Americans have no concept of fast and slow lane. Fuckers will drive side by side at 60. Now thats frustrating.

What I find most annoying are the people who have never been to the US, or who have been here only a few weeks, and make blanket statements about Americans.

Of course, blanket statements about any group are pretty silly.

Unless, of course, you're making a generalization about men. That stuff is true.

:D:D