ntrprnr

Imus just got fired

So much for forgiveness. [:/]

No shit. I don't care for Imus, but firing him at the whim of Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson makes no sense to me. The only people he owed an apology to were the college girls he insulted. As soon as he kissed the Reverands' collective assess, he signed his own death certificate.

What's more distressing is that Jackson and Sharpton are reinforcing their agenda and they will be going after others they don't agree with, and lobbying to reintroduce the "Fairness" legislation in Congress.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

No shit. I don't care for Imus, but firing him at the whim of Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson makes no sense to me. The only people he owed an apology to were the college girls he insulted. As soon as he kissed the Reverands' collective assess, he signed his own death certificate.

What's more distressing is that Jackson and Sharpton are reinforcing their agenda and they will be going after others they don't agree with, and lobbying to reintroduce the "Fairness" legislation in Congress.
In all "fairness" shouldn't Al and jesse have apologize to the Duke players?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

You have to wonder why people who champion for civil rights want our rights taken away?
MSNBC are a bunch of pussies. Fireing Imus while he is trying to raise money for sick children. I don't understand how anyone can thimk this is a good move.

Anyone remember the Jery boy's Saul Rosenberg bit. "He injured me with his words I want to sue him."

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will devistate me completely. WTF is the country coming to!

No one got hurt, but now because the heads of a stupid TV station are afraid to offend people sick kids won't has as much money as possible raised for them.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

In all "fairness" shouldn't Al and jesse have apologize to the Duke players?

That would mean that a black political leader would have to admit they were wrong
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I'm all for preventing racism and such, but I think this is ridiculous. We have gotten way to sensitive as a society. Sure, he said some things that offended some people. That is part of comedy. Most comedy is at someone else's expense. Why be so jumpy about this particular incident? If he'd been making fun of a white basketball team for being white, no one would have cared. Just another sign of our sissified society.

Just think about how many people would listen after he comes off of suspension though
This could be a gold mine if they spin it the right way, but the Program Dirrector is a pussy and trying to protect his job. We need more bosses that will stick up for their employees now a days.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Just think about how many people would listen after he comes off of suspension though
This could be a gold mine if they spin it the right way, but the Program Dirrector is a pussy and trying to protect his job. We need more bosses that will stick up for their employees now a days.

Fat chance!

Chuck

Fat chance!

Chuck

There is no employee loyalty because there is no corporate loyalty. It is a viscious circle
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I would like to take this time to Welcome Don Imus and the "Imus In The Morning Show" to XM Satellite Radio. ;) The last bastion of free speech in the raddio.

RIP Freedom of Speech, 1791-2007

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Fat chance!

Chuck

There is no employee loyalty because there is no corporate loyalty. It is a viscious circle

Sadly, that is the truth.

Chuck

The sponsors were threatening to pull out.
Without the sponsors, there is no business.
Business is business.
And that's the bottom line.

Andy nailed it. Let us never forget. This is about money. He could call them nappy haired hos all he wanted, as long as no one got pissed. The second advertisers bailed, the decision was made.

Pisses me off, though. I went up against Sharpton on O'Reilly last night, saying that he wasn't gonna get fired, and that advertisers were being idiots for pulling out. I still stand by the advertiser statement. Had they never left, CBS wouldn't hve let him go, and Sharpton and company would have been drowned out by the next Britney crotch shot, and the world would have moved on.

We're an ADD nation. Never forget that.

Purely a business decision. CBS felt they had more to lose by keeping him than by axing him.
CBS plays the tune its viewers/listeners want to hear, which determines the ratings, therefore the price of air time for advertisers.
Sharpton and Jackson plays the tune their audiences want to hear as well. I doubt Sharpton and Jackson had much to do with Imus' firing, regardless of the noise they made about his comments.
People who faithfully listen to Imus will keep doing so, and people who vehemently dislike him will continue to do so. The ones who made the balance tip are the "non partizan" consumers, who would sometimes listen to Imus' show, but felt he went too far in this instance. Much like any elections. The sheeps on either side are meaningless. The swinging middle rules.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

You know if the PD was smart they would use this in a positive way. They could spin his suspension. Make people tune in to see just how horrendious Imus is, but they chose the moderate way that will not make as much profit. It is like the show married with children. It was about to go off the air, but then one outraiged person wrote a letter because it was such a bad show it became one of the longest running sit coms on TV. She peaked everyone's interest.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I would like to take this time to Welcome Don Imus and the "Imus In The Morning Show" to XM Satellite Radio. ;) The last bastion of free speech in the raddio.

Don't be ridiculous.

No-one has a RIGHT to speak on the radio. He can say all he wants on a street corner.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Don't be ridiculous.

No-one has a RIGHT to speak on the radio. He can say all he wants on a street corner.
Unless you own the radio station. Just don't piss off the powers that be. (FCC and Co.))
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Don't be ridiculous.

His BOSSES have rights too. The right to get out of a shit-storm when he said something that he actually feels bad about.

Its a job. He did something wrong and he did it in a public forum. I tried to avoid this whole topic until the end result, but to quote the other thread....

'Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah'

Its over. He fucked up at his job so he's outta here. There's been talk about 'good' things he did for needy children, if that is in his heart he can continue to 'do good' for children.

Make like veryone else. Get another job if you can and don't make the same mistakes again.He apologized like a man should, BUT he brought up some things that black people should get ready to put their foot into.

Chris Rock and his ilk is insulting to me (but he never insulted me after I won a public championship and he never specfically insulted ME).

But I'm sick of it. I know what venues to avoid; I wouldn't listen to him or Howard Stern and I'm glad they took Dave Chappelle off the air.

There was an episode on Studio 60 that covered black comedians making stereotypes very nicely.

All this rumbling would go away if the nasty comments would go away. As a mother I know there is no room for this stuff. Not in rap, not in movies, nowhere. We could all go onto bigger and better things.

And it wasn't a totally 'racial' insult. He called all those players 'hos' You call MY kid a whore in public and and thats where the storm will take place...in public. I didn't want to see the man fired, thats not my call. But his bosses did...so stop the 'whaaaaaaaaas' and let it be.

Hopefully one person CAN change the world. Maybe that person was Don Imus himself (don't cry for him--his next book will be insulting to you all) so free speech lives on!). So maybe as Kallend says, he can speak on the corner and if HE thinks he did so much good for sick kids, he can do that from his stocks and bank accounts.

~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

What pissed me off was when Al Roker asked Spike Lee about all the comedians and rappers saying far worse along racial and gender lines, from Eminem to all teh balck rappers, yet they don't get criticized. Spike Leee said that was a different subject. Bullshit. As much as Imus is a tired old conservative redneck, what abouteveryone else.

I think firing was the right move, but let's get going on the rtest of teh garbage too..... that's essentially what Jim Rome, sports comentator said.... I totally agree.