ntrprnr

Imus just got fired

Anyone remember the Jery boy's Saul Rosenberg bit. "He injured me with his words I want to sue him."

Remember Jimmy the Greek?

n all fairness, them chicks do look like hos - tattooed nappy haired gangster hos...

Anyone remember the Jery boy's Saul Rosenberg bit. "He injured me with his words I want to sue him."

Remember Jimmy the Greek?

n all fairness, them chicks do look like hos - tattooed nappy haired gangster hos...

Or this guy> “
[edit] The "little monkey" incident
Cosell drew criticism during one Monday Night Football telecast in September 1983, for stating "that little monkey gets loose, doesn't he," when he referred to a play by wide receiver Alvin Garrett of the Washington Redskins. While some saw "little monkey" as a racial slur, others who knew Cosell were quick to point out that he used this term routinely in an approving way to describe quicker, smaller players of all ethnicities. Among the evidence to support this claim is video footage of a 1972 preseason game, between the New York Giants and the Kansas City Chiefs, that features Cosell referring to Mike Adamle, a 5-foot-9-inch, 197-pound Caucasian, as a "little monkey."
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Sad. Makes one wonder where we're going. Selective outrage on the part of liars and bigots like $harpton and Jack$on really affects the ignorant, unfortunately. One wonders where these two idiots were during the 'Nappy Hair' book scandal. Imus said nothing racist. I understand CBS' decision, yet do not like it. If they would have spun this correctly, Imus' return would have gotten some serious ratings for them. Bigots $harpton and Jack$on don't have the stomach or the ability to coordinate a boycott that would hurt their advertisers to any major extent. Few people with three digit IQ's aviling themselves of its use believe the comments were racist. Disgusting. Guess how the idiots that are outraged will vote? Hehehe.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

All this rumbling would go away if the nasty comments would go away. As a mother I know there is no room for this stuff. Not in rap, not in movies, nowhere. We could all go onto bigger and better things.

Yea, but then all of those baggy panted posers would have to get a real job and start wearing a belt.

Stealin' rims is mo' excitin' that sellin' rims.[:/]

it can be argued that rosie says more inflammitory things than imus, yet advertisers aren't pulling out of the view. is it because the view is a much larger market or is it the actual content of the statements?

I think it's because her targets are typically part of "the power structure" - NRA, Trump, the military, the government. These targets are fair game in the eyes of those who are easily offended.

What stirs up all the righteous indignation in this country is when someone in "the power structure" demeans anyone linked to the supposed "underclass". Apparently, it's taboo to criticize anyone in the "underclass", no matter how bad their behavior.

Is it a double standard? Absolutely. Political correctness is alive and well in 2007.

MSNBC are a bunch of pussies. Fireing Imus while he is trying to raise money for sick children. I don't understand how anyone can thimk this is a good move.

Which do you think MSNBC and CBS are interested in most, charity or the 8 advertisers who pulled their ads? Imus wasn't fired for what he said, he was fired because the money got scared.

Imus wasn't fired for what he said, he was fired because the money got scared.

And that would be the truth....

All these people screaming, your beef isn't with CBS or MSNBC or program directors or anybody associated with the radio stations. Your beef is with the advertisers who pulled or threatened to pull their money. That is what got Imus fired.

CBS I could of swore he worked for NBC and his tv show was carried by MSNBC. Hmmmm..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

it can be argued that rosie says more inflammitory things than imus, yet advertisers aren't pulling out of the view. is it because the view is a much larger market or is it the actual content of the statements?

I think it's because her targets are typically part of "the power structure" - NRA, Trump, the military, the government. These targets are fair game in the eyes of those who are easily offended.

What stirs up all the righteous indignation in this country is when someone in "the power structure" demeans anyone linked to the supposed "underclass". Apparently, it's taboo to criticize anyone in the "underclass", no matter how bad their behavior.

Is it a double standard? Absolutely. Political correctness is alive and well in 2007.

this may be possible too, but i'm more inclined to believe that the heads of major corporations are much more concerned about money than politics or principle. the view is a huge market compaired to imus therefore they can afford to drop imus. the whole thing was blown way out of proportion though.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Advertisers are concerned about their bottom lines. Both Jackson and Sharpton have long histories of flaunting the race card in front of corporations, in order to pressure those corporations to provide certain concessions.

Translation: Do what I want or I'll make a huge public stink and your sales will suffer.

All these people screaming, your beef isn't with CBS or MSNBC or program directors or anybody associated with the radio stations. Your beef is with the advertisers who pulled or threatened to pull their money. That is what got Imus fired.

CBS lost money. With all the publicity and controversy, the Imus ratings would have went through the roof. For every advertiser that pulled out they could have found several to bring in with the expected huge increase in listeners.

The CBS decision was political, not economic.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

OK, just found the story on the internet. Whats the big deal? and who are these 'Young people of colour' and what colour would that be? Yellow, Black, Blue with green spots? I think if this story shows anything it shows just how unintegrated American society is. Katrina was a clear example of the lie of racial harmony in the US. If a stupid off hand comment can cause so much tension clearly there is a very thin layed of ice covering the ravine that is the racial divie in the USA.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

For every advertiser that pulled out they could have found several to bring in with the expected huge increase in listeners.

That's a fascinating speculation. Do you have any experience in advertising?

I worked in radio and TV for several years, but not as an AD exec - no thanks.

The fact is, numbers/ratings are the key factor in advertising. If there are listeners, there are advertisers who want to sell them their product.

Hell, Limbaugh accused M. J. Fox of faking his illness, and his advertisers stayed put, because it made financial sense. Staying with Imus would have made financial sense, but seemed politically impossible.

CBS lost money. With all the publicity and controversy, the Imus ratings would have went through the roof. For every advertiser that pulled out they could have found several to bring in with the expected huge increase in listeners.

Even if it seemed political, in the long run it's about ratings, which is economic. Imus's numbers may have climbed, but I'm guessing (yes, this is just a guess) the bigwigs at both broadcasters also considered all the repercussions of keeping Imus.

The fact is, numbers/ratings are the key factor in advertising.

A key factor, and surely the largest, but not the only one.

There's a meta-advertising that takes place outside of simple ad views. This becomes an affinity group of sorts and that creates a polarization.

If Company-X were to join Imus after this bruhaha, it would be well publicized that they'd done so. Some people would feel a new loyalty to Company-X (out of support for imus) and others would feel a new aversion to Company-X (out of distaste for imus.)

That's a very risky step for a company to take. And why? For ad views? Hardly. There are ad views available all over the planet that don't come with the polarization risks.

Limbaugh has advertisers but they're of a very particular sort -- medium-sized, privately owned businesses. They have a freedom to participate in controversial projects if they choose but that pool is limited.

I suspect essentially zero new qualified advertisers would appear to take the place of the missing ones unless the advertising rates were severely discounted and that would be a major financial hit.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Even if it seemed political, in the long run it's about ratings, which is economic. Imus's numbers may have climbed, but I'm guessing (yes, this is just a guess) the bigwigs at both broadcasters also considered all the repercussions of keeping Imus.

His numbers would have climbed. It's a lesson many have learned from Howard Stern - the more crazy his show, and the more controversy, the more listeners, and more money.

Honestly, I think with Stern off on Sirius, the dipshits who used to complain about him were looking for a new radio personality to pick on.

The fact is, numbers/ratings are the key factor in advertising.

A key factor, and surely the largest, but not the only one.

There's a meta-advertising that takes place outside of simple ad views. This becomes an affinity group of sorts and that creates a polarization.

If Company-X were to join Imus after this bruhaha, it would be well publicized that they'd done so. Some people would feel a new loyalty to Company-X (out of support for imus) and others would feel a new aversion to Company-X (out of distaste for imus.)

That's a very risky step for a company to take. And why? For ad views? Hardly. There are ad views available all over the planet that don't come with the polarization risks.

Limbaugh has advertisers but they're of a very particular sort -- medium-sized, privately owned businesses. They have a freedom to participate in controversial projects if they choose but that pool is limited.

I suspect essentially zero new qualified advertisers would appear to take the place of the missing ones unless the advertising rates were severely discounted and that would be a major financial hit.

Good points, but now we'll never know for sure.

But it seems that if Limbaugh and Stern can find advertisers, so could Imus. Maybe hair care products or sporting goods?;)

MSNBC are a bunch of pussies. Fireing Imus while he is trying to raise money for sick children. I don't understand how anyone can thimk this is a good move.

Which do you think MSNBC and CBS are interested in most, charity or the 8 advertisers who pulled their ads? Imus wasn't fired for what he said, he was fired because the money got scared.

I good PR person could have spun it right to the advertisers. Telling them that the airtime after he comes off of suspension his airtime will be worth more, because he will have an increase in the number of listeners in the swing audiance. Those who don't normally listen, but are now just curious enough to find out what this old white guy is about. Think outside the box and your rewards will be greater
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192