Skyrad

Am I a Republican?

Ok so I've been doing some thinking recently and heres the thing... I think I might be a Republican:o (Not in the IRA way but in the USA way) after looking at the facts I believe the following..

1) Firearms including pistols and automatic weapons should be legal in the UK.

2) Human increase of CO2 has nothing at all to do with global warming, its down to the sunspots.

3) I belive in God.

4) Although I was against the war in Iraq initially I am now against pulling troops out.

5) I support the increase in US troop levels in Iraq to attempt to quench the violence.

Am I a Republican???
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Ok so I've been doing some thinking recently and heres the thing... I think I might be a Republican:o...

In YOUR case, isn't the deciding question whether you would hve fought for Franco in your last civil war!!?

Mike.:P

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Philosophically, do you tend to favor Labour, Lib Dem or Conservative?

British parties have a philosophy?!?! News to me!

Anyhow, Skyrad, I'd say as long as you're on this side of the Atlantic, the deciding question is what you think of the Queen. If you're a fan, you might just be the first Republico-Monarchist!

2) Human increase of CO2 has nothing at all to do with global warming, its down to the sunspots.

3) I belive in God.

4) Although I was against the war in Iraq initially I am now against pulling troops out.

5) I support the increase in US troop levels in Iraq to attempt to quench the violence.

I know a large group of southern democrats who believe in these points and also believe in fiscal responsibility.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Im done debating this topic, but most Americans regardless of party favor legal guns.

Most Americans regardless of party have no idea what a sunspot is.

3) I belive in God.

It doesnt matter if you believe in God to be a Republican. It matters if your CHRISTIAN

Well then your not like a majority of Americans and nearly half of all Republicans.

More troops to quench the violence? That makes a lot of sense...:S

Am I a Republican???

No. Your a redcoat.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

>>5) I support the increase in US troop levels in Iraq to attempt to quench the violence.

>More troops to quench the violence? That makes a lot of sense.

Of course. Everyone knows that you put out a fire by adding a few more logs. If the fire just gets bigger, then the obvious conclusion is that you didn't add enough.

Well then your not like a majority of Americans and nearly half of all Republicans.

I love this one. Then, pre tell, how is it that 17, yes 17 bills have not made it through congress re: the troop build-up plan from the President? :S

To Skyrad, you may or may not be a republican, but you certainly have some libertarian/conservative points.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

It doesn't matter what you believe in. It matters whether do you want to force others to act according to your beliefs.

Take a trip to San Francisco to see some great examples of people forcing other people to act according to their beliefs.

. . =(_8^(1)

I love this one. Then, pre tell, how is it that 17, yes 17 bills have not made it through congress re: the troop build-up plan from the President? :S

To Skyrad, you may or may not be a republican, but you certainly have some libertarian/conservative points.

I was talking about the American people not the Republicans and Democrats in Congress. I got my facts from here

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-02-12-troops-poll_x.htm

and here

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16578451/

Ill say it again, according to those polls a majority of Americans want troops out of Iraq/Oppose troop surge and nearly half of Republicans do.

I was stating that just because Skyrad thinks troops should stay in Iraq doesn't make him a Republican and I gave evidence to support that statement. I was in no way referring to Republicans in Congress.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

If you really, really don't know what I'm talking about, then let's just let it end here.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Living ~40 miles from SF, we go there almost every week. So far nobody forced us to do anything. What were you forced to do?
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

>ake a trip to San Francisco to see some great examples of people
>forcing other people to act according to their beliefs.

I've been there a fair amount of time as well, and I've never been forced to do anything (other than the usual - you know, actually pay for what I purchase etc.) Have you had a different experience?

I was talking about the American people not the Republicans and Democrats in Congress. I got my facts from here

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-02-12-troops-poll_x.htm

and here

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16578451/

Ill say it again, according to those polls a majority of Americans want troops out of Iraq/Oppose troop surge and nearly half of Republicans do.

I was stating that just because Skyrad thinks troops should stay in Iraq doesn't make him a Republican and I gave evidence to support that statement. I was in no way referring to Republicans in Congress.

I'll place the ineffectiveness of Congress against poll numbers any day. The constituency has not voiced itself past pollsters to the lawmakers.

In the context of Skyrad's post, and your comment, I agree and stated so myself.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

So could you tell me where in SF could I see people who are forcing other people to act according to their beliefs?

Enroll in a local high school there. You will be forced off campus if you want to hear about opportunities to join the military.

. . =(_8^(1)

I've been there a fair amount of time as well, and I've never been forced to do anything (other than the usual - you know, actually pay for what I purchase etc.) Have you had a different experience?

My idea is that right wing Christians aren't't the only ones out there trying to "force" people into their beliefs, as was asserted. The Secular Progessives (notice the caps B|) do exactly the same thing. San Fran's local governemt is a stellar example of that.

. . =(_8^(1)

Enroll in a local high school there. You will be forced off campus if you want to hear about opportunities to join the military.

Is it your own experience, or you heard about it from your friend (who heard about it from someone else)?
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *