mindtrick

Do u beleave in God

If you look hard enough you will always find what you are looking for, whether it is actually there or not.

This is true in many cases. But the reverse is true as well. If you deny something long and hard enough, it could be staring at you right in the face, but you'll never see it.
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

umm yeah what Kallend said is pretty much what I was trying to say.

I just have to add this.

If they could prove there isnt a God, then not believing is the proper response.

So then you must believe in all the other gods out there too. Since they can not be proved to not exist? What else can we dream up that we don't have to prove to exist but instead just not be able to prove to not exist?

by your logic we should believe in every thing that we can prove to exist and everything that we can not prove to not exist! I am sorry but that doesn't work for me and just doesn't make sense.

Actually, logic demands that whoever makes a claim (even if it's stated as a negative) has the burden of proof.

Why would an omnipotent designer need to exercise economy on nipples, when apparently capable of creating an entire universe and all species of animals in less than a week? That is just silly.

Why would He not exercise economy in design? It wouldn't make sense to me otherwise. Anyway, would that do it for you? If the mystery of "male nipples" would be revealed, you might believe in God? :P

Kallend usually just pretends any question about whether he could be wrong in his denial of God wasn't asked. I think he's scared to think about WHY he doesn't acknowledge God. [For proof, see last "religion" thread.]

There is a differance between mirco evolution and evolution

"The Total Perspective Vortex had proved that, in an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

Whether you choose to beleve a sentient god created the universe as we know it, or you feel that its existance can be adaquately explained by secular means, one should try and appreciate as frequently as possible just how lucky we all appear to be.

what's the point in all this debate
neither side can prove their stance
creation or dumb luck
literal bible or faithful interpretation
me trying to convince you may be good and possibly uplifting
you trying to destroy my faith is just negativity
you say death ends it all, you don't know what happens when we die, i don't, nobody knows
live your life according to your conscience
love one another
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

This is called data mining and is obvious trick of self deception.Lets suppose you think you are pyschic and can influence the outcome of a coin toss. every time you get ir right you record a correct answer , every time you get it wrogn you ignore that. When you look at the results you see wow i go tthem all right I must by pyschic. Of course this is just self deception. Now that is exactly what is going on here with prayer. You are including all the postive results and ignoring all the negative reults so of coourse it seems to work. let me give you one example fo a negative result. In the rwanda genocide many people turned to churchhes for protection, they prayed to god and what happened? The churches collaberated with the Interhamwe. Their prayers were not answered they were cut to pieces with machetes. Many people hhad their limbs cut off before they were killed. An example is listed here
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0882745.html
here you will see two nuns convited for genocide in a Belgian court.
for a more wide ranging discussion of the churchhes role in the genocide see here:
http://www.afrol.com/Countries/Rwanda/backgr_cross_genocide.htm

<>
Because it's enterteining.

<you trying to destroy my faith is just negativity >>
Interesting spin...
Religious folk are being +ve but the rest are being -ve.

Rephasing your statement so the the arguments are the same in both phrases...
me trying to convince you may be good and possibly uplifting
you trying to trying to convince me is just negativity

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Actually, logic demands that whoever makes a claim (even if it's stated as a negative) has the burden of proof.

Please Please try to avoid using logic in a sentence. You just don't make sense.

Where did you come up with that? I think you made it up so you don't have to prove there is a god.

The claim is "There is a god."

The atheist says "That sounds a bit far out, I don't believe you yet - could I see some evidence?"

The theist says ".... um... old book and stuff... warm fuzzy feeling... duck-billed platypus..."

You fail at logic.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It's all bullshit.

Wow, your theology sure is.

All theology is bullshit, "Religion is the sewer into which all contradictions flow." I was watching Narnia yesterday and had a short conversation about the essential role of Edmund/Judas and why he shouldn't be persecuted for performing the act that lead to Jesus/Aslan fulfilling his destiny.

Anyway, the conversation swayed a little towards free-will vs predestination vs omniscience and it just became so evident all the twists and tricks and contradictions that have to be made to satisfy the requirements of free will in a creature created by an omniscient being. Remove God, on the other hand, and so many contradictions just fall away.

Why would an omnipotent designer need to exercise economy on nipples, when apparently capable of creating an entire universe and all species of animals in less than a week? That is just silly.

Why would He not exercise economy in design? It wouldn't make sense to me otherwise. Anyway, would that do it for you? If the mystery of "male nipples" would be revealed, you might believe in God? :P

Since we are "created in God's image", does God have nipples?

WHY would an omnipotent being economize on the design of his masterpiece? Why not economize a trillion times more by creating one fewer star in the Andromeda galaxy?

And why do humans have an appendix and a tailbone? EVOLUTION has the answer.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ok then what are you saying? How did all these extra animals show up if the weren't in Noah's ark?

Rapid speciation (Founder Effect), Natural Selection, Genetic Drift, etc. resulting in many species originating from a specific created kind.

It's all bullshit.

Wow, your theology sure is.

All theology is bullshit, "Religion is the sewer into which all contradictions flow."

Why do you have such a high level of disdain for religion?

I'm fine with people having a live and let live attitude, regardless of their faith. You seem to have a deep-seated animosity(sp?) to all things religious. I was just wondering why.

Take random mutations, mix it in with natural selection, shake it up with a whole load of time - what do you think we call the result?

A whole lot of faith in a religion masquerading as good science.

Psychologists would refer to that statement as "projection".
In any event, you've just defined "intelligent design".

I'm fine with people having a live and let live attitude, regardless of their faith. You seem to have a deep-seated animosity(sp?) to all things religious. I was just wondering why.

"Deep-seated animosity"? No, not really.

There are some elements of doctrine and morality from most religions that I find abhorrent (as i'm sure do most people) but really I'm just amazed at the twisting of rational thought that is required to hold some religious ideas in your head.

The ideas involved are just so dumb, I really can't figure out why they are so popular.

Ok then what are you saying? How did all these extra animals show up if the weren't in Noah's ark?

Rapid speciation (Founder Effect), Natural Selection, Genetic Drift, etc. resulting in many species originating from a specific created kind.

Oh, evolution. OK.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Since we are "created in God's image", does God have nipples?

Theology 101 for the professor ... Being created in God's image does not refer to a physical body, but that men have a spirit unlike lower creations. God is spirit and not flesh and bone.

steveOrino