mindtrick

Do u beleave in God

in your experience he seldom intervenes? do you want to replace the word seldom with never? Does the possibility not occur to you that thats becuase he does not exist? Can you not entertain the possibility that the reason he did not save 6 million of his "chosen people " was that hes not there?

if you have no method of distinguishing between a prayer that is answered with a no and a prayer that is not answered at all then you have no basis to say that prayer is anyhting other than wishful thinking.

I will go back to my pschic analogy. suppose a pychic claims he can predict the outcome a coin toss but his ability only works half the time. if he has no ability at all we would expect by random chance he will get the asnwer right 50% of the time. If he really does have the power but it only works 50% of the time he will get the answer right 50% of the time. the fact that these two scenaarios are indistiguishable mean we should not take the pyschics claims seriously, so it is withh a prayer.

do some research you will find the opposite of fear is faith

But I do hope that what ever you do belive in makes you sincerely happy in life.

Interesting. You apparently have a different dictionary then the rest of the world. It is my observation that spirtuality is driven mostly by fear. More specifically the fear of the unknown.

I'm sure you have heard this before a man stands on the roof of a flooding town a boat comes by they tell him to get in the mans says no God will save me. Boat #2 comes samething happens. Boat #3 comes by they tell him get in he says no God will save me. The man dies and he ask God Why didn't you save me? God replies I sent 3 boats. ;) So of course you would use a parachute. What about people who have a double mal. don't you think there praying on the way down.
Playtime is essential.

I'm sure you have heard this before a man stands on the roof of a flooding town a boat comes by they tell him to get in the mans says no God will save me. Boat #2 comes samething happens. Boat #3 comes by they tell him get in he says no God will save me. The man dies and he ask God Why didn't you save me? God replies I sent 3 boats.

Cute story. So god meddles in the free will of others in order to answer prayer?

What about people who have a double mal. don't you think there praying on the way down.

Some would, others wouldn't. Point being?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

does anyone else think that it is funny that on all american money it says: "In god we trust" so the fore fathers of this country were wrong? Come on now.

What does that have to do with anything? What if they were muslim and it said in Allah we trust?

does anyone else think that it is funny that on all american money it says: "In god we trust" so the fore fathers of this country were wrong? Come on now.

The forefathers never put "In God we trust" on money.

Besides, you think the forefathers were never wrong? You think the authors of the constitution were perfect and infallible?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

For those of you who don't believe in God who do you turn to when you feel like life's in the crapper or when everyone else has left you?

Medication.
As God intended.

What about people who have a double mal. don't you think there praying on the way down.

When I had a total mal as a newbie and was fumbling for my reserve handle while getting ground rush, my thoughts were, "Oh, fuck!"

r u serious, that phrase was made the national motto in 1956, was the US founded in 1956? It was put on the currency in the 1860's, gues what the Us wasnt founded in the 1860's either.
even if it was put on by the founding fathers, so what? They kept slaves, does that mean slavery is good?

yes but where was the boat for the jews in the holocaust? for the tustis in the rwandan genocide,m for the poeple killed in the asian tsunami. Your story is a nice sotry but its just a sotry, in reality god doesnt send the boats becuase he doesnt exist.
maybe people who get double mals do pray, but gues what happens to them, they mostly die. So whats your point?

When I had a total mal as a newbie and was fumbling for my reserve handle while getting ground rush, my thoughts were, "Oh, fuck!"

It's funny but when the "no atheists in foxholes" argument comes up as it does from time to time, I always remember my first mal. I think my exact word were "oh fuck" too. But I can assure you, I wasn't thinking about sex. If I'd said "oh god" or "jesus fucking christ" it doubt it have much to do with a new found faith either.

I'm sure you have heard this before a man stands on the roof of a flooding town a boat comes by they tell him to get in the mans says no God will save me. Boat #2 comes samething happens. Boat #3 comes by they tell him get in he says no God will save me. The man dies and he ask God Why didn't you save me? God replies I sent 3 boats. ;) So of course you would use a parachute. What about people who have a double mal. don't you think there praying on the way down.

When I had a low altitude canopy collision (picture in February's Parachutist) and was in line twists with collapsed end cells at 100ft, I was too busy kicking out and flaring to waste time talking to imaginary beings.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

When I had a low altitude canopy collision (picture in February's Parachutist) and was in line twists with collapsed end cells at 100ft, I was too busy kicking out and flaring to waste time talking to imaginary beings.

Glad you survived, prof.

steveOrino

Glad you survived, prof.

Me too!

As an aside - I find the stuff you write to be very instructive and thoughtful. Clearly there is a very large spectrum of Christian beliefs.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

nope, just saying that all of this god stuff didn't just crop up out of no where. if noone created us and there is nowhere after this life, then why, and how are we all here

There is no why, we just are here. There is nothing to suggest other wise.