orribolollie

DEMISE OF THE S.U.V!!! (Language Warning)

Ahhhh yes finally!!! The long awaited demise of the S.U.V (stupid utility vehicle , 4x4 off road twat mobile, chelsea tractor), has come!!!!

These disgraceful excuses for transport make me vomit.
Their production consumes vasts amount of energy, carbon and petrochemicals.
Their ever-greedy fuel tanks drink colossal amounts of precious non-renewable fuels.
They take up ridiculous amounts of space (often in towns where parking is already a premium).
And GOD help you if you get hit by one!!!

And all this excess vehicle for what? Daily I see one mummy dropping of her one kid at school in these dumb machines...or some yuppy prick putting three shopping bags in the back at the supermarket....yeah, because you needed 2 tons of vehicle to do that didnt you??!!!!!

They say...'oh but we NEED a big SUV they are protective and safe!'

I say...'yeah? you only NEED protecting because every other fucking boozoo on the road is driving these fucking stupid road tanks, if everyone drove sensible sized cars the problem wouldnt exist'

If you live in an urban area, the only reason you 'need' an SUV is because your a sad insecure fashion victim.

The Marketeers are to blame for this trend of dumb oversized cars. They are just about fashion. But the Jones' were convinced that they had to drive around in a ridiculous penis extension because its coool, or in the case of men they look 'hard' (apparently).

Fortunatley there is one thing in this world that beats the Marketing and thats the bottom line cost.
At last even the stopid insecure social fuck ups are realising that their fashion statement SUV just costs to much money; to buy, to maintain, to run and now even to park outside their own house in Richmond London awwww.

Death to the SUV
Long live common sense!!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/06122006/344/sales-4x4-vehicles-slump.html

There's nothing wrong with the smaller SUV's. I have one, and I really like it. It's 4WD, has lots of cargo space, a roof rack, and gets good gas mileage to boot.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Exactly what I was thinking...

I gotta run and fuel up my SUV I've had it running all morning taking up two parking stalls just because I am a dickhead SUV owner.:)

Getting 'good gas mileage' is relative to how much your willing to spend or use. The simple fact is that these vehicles use more than a smaller vehicle.

If you own a smaller SUV your basically agreed anyway that bigger is not necessarily better.

If you use your SUV as it sounds you do; for its 4x4 capability, to pack full of things inside and on the roof, then great your using it as it should be and Im glad (im not being sarcastic) that you enjoy it.

Really my rant (and I know it is) is towards the scores of people who buy these vehicles purely as fashion statement. Their purchase is not based on any practical thought just a need to get something as big or bigger than the next guys.

Im happy about the fall in purchase figures not because I hate every SUV driver but because it means people might just be finally waking up and thinking about what they are doing.
Its a shame money is the motivator, but whatever works I guess.

:D:D:D

Why would anyone pick on 4x4s, when there are far worse offending fuel monsters out there?:)

And mine uses colossal amounts of renewable fuels (Bio-Diesel)

Dont want to get hit by one.... the fuck-off out the way:P

:D:D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with SUV's. If you live in the Midwest in the middle of nowhere and have a bunch of kids to get around, they're useful. If you live in LA and just drive yourself to work on freeways - not so useful. Like anything else, they have things they're good at and things they're not good at. And the good news is that they're getting more efficient as well, even as their popularity is declining.

>'oh but we NEED a big SUV they are protective and safe!'

Well, a better answer to that is that they're not. A recent American Pediatrics Association showed children are no safer in an SUV than in a car. Their mass helps out; their tendency to roll cancels that advantage.

I think they look neat and are a lot of fun when they pull up next to me at intersections and block the view. One way to get the tank filled is to melt down small specs of cars and just pour them directly into the tank - it also helps to keep the number vehicles off the road.

Since we have 3 people in the family, we should buy two SUV plus a giant pickup truck so everybody has a lot of leg and arm room

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

But but but.....what if you have a small penis?

Then the guy gets a bigger truck

Naughty, naughty Jeannie. You should go to your room without any dinner :o:P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with SUV's. If you live in the Midwest in the middle of nowhere and have a bunch of kids to get around, they're useful. If you live in LA and just drive yourself to work on freeways - not so useful. Like anything else, they have things they're good at and things they're not good at. And the good news is that they're getting more efficient as well, even as their popularity is declining.

Well, a better answer to that is that they're not. A recent American Pediatrics Association showed children are no safer in an SUV than in a car. Their mass helps out; their tendency to roll cancels that advantage.

For folks that live on farms or in the mountains - SUVs may be the best choice.

Mine is about the only house in the suburban street that does not have a SUV in its driveway. The Chicago freeways are choked with SUVs commuting into the city. At the weekend, the country club parking lot is full of SUVs. The shopping mall lots are full of SUVs. At 8:30a.m. the streets around the grade schools are clogged with SUV moms taking their kids to school (only the lower classes use the free school bus anymore).

No-one will convince me that these SUVs are necessary or even desirable for suburbanites except as a fashion accessory.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You oughta come visit Prof.. we can take you 4x4in.. in the mountains.. its fun....I gots me one dirty slightly dented 2003 3/4 ton 4x4...use it for hunting.. pulling BIG boats....and I get about 20 mpg around town..It was great last week when he had snow and ice for a week.

Mine is about the only house in the suburban street that does not have a SUV in its driveway. The Chicago freeways are choked with SUVs commuting into the city. At the weekend, the country club parking lot is full of SUVs. The shopping mall lots are full of SUVs. At 8:30a.m. the streets around the grade schools are clogged with SUV moms taking their kids to school (only the lower classes use the free school bus anymore).

No-one will convince me that these SUVs are necessary or even desirable for suburbanites except as a fashion accessory.

I agree completely.

I'm going to go re-read that End of The World Thread, now. ;)

Reply:
Nice, thats what Id have said if I could talk without swearing; cheers.:)

>But but but.....what if you have a small penis?

Find a small woman?

:D:D:D God that's funny!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If you use your SUV as it sounds you do; for its 4x4 capability, to pack full of things inside and on the roof, then great your using it as it should be and Im glad.......

I hate every SUV driver .......

"I hate SUV drivers. Well, but not anyone that I'm actually talking to. I was really just hoping people would smile and nod and approve of my PC rant...."

C'mon O - don't give up the rant now. This kind of wishy washy set of convictions doesn't really fit the role of raving extremist well. If you don't hate Zippo and Amazon in this thread, then we can't take you seriously.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Skydiving is necessary? Or is your outrage limited to soccer moms?

Am I the only person here that finds the hypocritical irony of a skydiver complaining about SUVs wasting fuel?

steveOrino

My outrage is against soccer moms. Not for what they drive, but for how they drive. You think sock puppets are scary, share the road with soccer moms (and people that work for car dealers).

My outrage is against soccer moms. Not for what they drive, but for how they drive. You think sock puppets are scary, share the road with soccer moms (and people that work for car dealers).

I agree but that is another subject. ;)

steveOrino

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with SUV's. If you live in the Midwest in the middle of nowhere and have a bunch of kids to get around, they're useful. If you live in LA and just drive yourself to work on freeways - not so useful.

Well said Bill. After saving up a few Ks working in MN 6 yrs ago, decide time to buy new vehicle. I was going to buy a TransAM 1yr old for 24 traction control, but fact is in the midwest, not all roads to pwerhouses are plowed. So I wanted power so got the 98 5.9 jeep which had comparable HP, but not as good on gas. I can go where I need to work. I rather have a low to ground car. I like track and turns. These people he rants about I can agree..why unless you have to haul half your life with you, as I d\o you need that space. The ironic thing is that in Oregon, the vehciles you see wrecked going up to Mt hood? SUVs..so many morons out there think that 4WD makes them invincible.