Andy9o8

Six Muslim Clerics Removed from USAir Flight for Praying

I don't have the time to read through all the posts here but it looks to me like being Muslim had very little to do with what happened to these 6.
This is just one link out there and the actual police report can be found as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,233958,00.html

After reading the police report, it seems that they prayed and had a heated discussion about the US involvement in Iraq. Asking for the seatbelt extentions seems a bit odd, but overall, there doesn't seem like there was any reason for alarm.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I don't have the time to read through all the posts here but it looks to me like being Muslim had very little to do with what happened to these 6.
This is just one link out there and the actual police report can be found as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,233958,00.html

Wow, I often talk (and write) about Iraq and have been known to mention Saddam Hussein. Gee - I just did it again!

Not only that, but from time to time I and my traveling companion(s) have been unable to get seats together, so we had to sit in different parts of the plane. Good job I don't ask for a seat belt extension or I guess I'd be asked to leave too.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm not going to sort through 16 pages of comments, so will keep this short. I HAD thought this incident was an overreaction, until I heard on NPR this morning (you always get more of the facts from NPR) that the six had purchased one way tickets with cash, had boarded without luggage, and sought to change seat assignments from tourist class to first class after boarding. I would regard that as highly suspicious behavior, with or without the prayers.

Fuck 'em, I'm on the "no fly list" myself (no end of trouble with that, I guess there are too many "Tom Brown terrorists" running loose in this world - I won't even THINK about trying to fly with my rig !) and I'm an American who used to work for Boeing. If you're going to act like a bunnch of weirdos, you're going to get kicked off the plane, and good for the Pilot for making the call. Period.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I'm not going to sort through 16 pages of comments, so will keep this short. I HAD thought this incident was an overreaction, until I heard on NPR this morning (you always get more of the facts from NPR) that the six had purchased one way tickets with cash, had boarded without luggage, and sought to change seat assignments from tourist class to first class after boarding. I would regard that as highly suspicious behavior, with or without the prayers.

Fuck 'em, I'm on the "no fly list" myself (no end of trouble with that, I guess there are too many "Tom Brown terrorists" running loose in this world - I won't even THINK about trying to fly with my rig !) and I'm an American who used to work for Boeing. If you're going to act like a bunnch of weirdos, you're going to get kicked off the plane, and good for the Pilot for making the call. Period.

I am with you. These 6 were trying to get pulled off. They got thier wish
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I am with you. These 6 were trying to get pulled off. They got thier wish

Very true. Attention whores in the incessant "America hates Islam" guilt trip.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I was coming home from hunting elk today and I looked into the car next to us and I saw a man with a beaver on his face and a diaper on his head. Sitting next to him was a thing with a sack over their body with only eye holes in their hood. I said buddy hand me your 357, I'll blow these fuckers away. He said there's too many witnesses. ok lets go drink beer.

blues

jerry

I was coming home from hunting elk today and I looked into the car next to us and I saw a man with a beaver on his face and a diaper on his head. Sitting next to him was a thing with a sack over their body with only eye holes in their hood. I said buddy hand me your 357, I'll blow these fuckers away. He said there's too many witnesses. ok lets go drink beer.

blues

jerry

I imagine you don't realize it, but you make a terrific case for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment.
;)

>In practical terms, I say fuck 'em. Let them get over it.

Take the opposite case.

A nervous woman pulls out a rosary during takeoff and starts praying. She is arrested after the plane lands for disobeying a flight attendant's instructions to "stow all carry-on items." Fuck her, too?

Sorry, Haven't read all of this yet, just had to reply to this. I live in Saudi Arabia right now, not muslim, just an aircraft contractor, and if these muslim men were praying on the plane, then they were standing in the isles. All of the prayers, there are 4 or 5 each day, last between 1 to 3 minutes and include several positions from standing, to bending over, to kneeling with your head on the ground. Maybe they shouldn't have been thrown off the plane for this, but if they were doing it and didn't take thier seats when asked, maybe they should have been thrown off the plane. I'm going to go ahead and read some more of this now.
We die only once, but for such a very long time.

I'll believe in ghosts when I catch one in my teeth.

Don't you know that it is a lot easier pulling the racist bid first, before getting the facts a common practice?

Ain't that the truth.
Abraham Lincoln

Don't you know that it is a lot easier pulling the racist bid first, before getting the facts a common practice?

Ain't that the truth.

You are the one that posted a link to a link to the police report. What facts are we missing?

You have confused me.

I spoke about what the first reports were missing not the police report and now being broadcasted eye witness accounts.

The initial reports made it out to be a thing against muslims when it wasn't
Abraham Lincoln

>The major "differentiator" was that, in addition to merely praying,
> they did it in a loud manner (which would obviously attract attention)
> and voiced anti-American sentiments, they disregarded their seat
> assignments, instead choosing seats similar to 9/11 hijackers, which
> would make controlling a plane easier and asked for an un-needed
> seatbelt extension.

Again, if six catholic priests:

1) prayed loudly in the terminal, clutching their rosaries,
2) didn't like their seats and moved about the plane,
3) asked for a seatbelt extension, and
4) complained about the US's anti-christian tendencies

they would not have been arrested. (At most someone would have said "pipe down, father!") If you think they would have been, you're not living in the same world these imams are.

If you truly feel that way, then the next time you're on a plane, and see something of a similar manner, please relax, and enjoy the flight you paid for as there is absolutely nothing in the world that should worry you.:|

>If someone bashes a muslim cleric, a death wish is issued on
> whomever said it. But yet Muslims can bash Christians, Jews and
> anyone else they want and we are suppouse to be loving and
> tolerant......

How about this (crazy, I know) - no one bashes ANYONE, no matter what religion they are.

Great Idea

:)
Folks, we have a winner!

>and if these muslim men were praying on the plane, then they were standing in the isles.

They weren't. They were praying in the terminal. A passenger got spooked and called the TSA, and they were removed from the aircraft some time later.

Wow, that is an incredibly incomplete summary!
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>Wow, that is an incredibly incomplete summary!

Had the passenger not complained, the incident would not have occurred. After the passenger's complaint, many other issues were raised to justify their action. As someone else mentioned, read the police report. It's pretty complete.

You have confused me.

I spoke about what the first reports were missing not the police report and now being broadcasted eye witness accounts.

The initial reports made it out to be a thing against muslims when it wasn't

Did you read the police report? It bears out the only "suspicious" behavior was that some of the Muslims asked for seat belt extensions when they weren't noticeably overweight.

Praying and having a political discussion do not seem out of the ordinary.

It sounds like they were kicked off the plane because someone was uncomfortable about being around a group of Muslims on an airplane.
It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so fearful of anything or anyone different from them.

My question is. Why is the only info (personal) posted in the police report the SSN# of Mr. Ahmed(#4) and all others are blanked out? My daughter was arrested a few yrs. back and her SSN# was on the police web site. Doesn't that set up a case for identity fraud?>:(

It's just ill-advised to do anything other than STFU and mind your manners in anything to do with commercial aviation. You cause a scene/attract attention to yourself at your own damn risk. Just SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

Being ANY religion/gender/sexual preference/any other supposed persecuted minority DOES NOT excuse asshattery.

I repeat

Just SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

It's just ill-advised to do anything other than STFU and mind your manners in anything to do with commercial aviation. You cause a scene/attract attention to yourself at your own damn risk. Just SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

Being ANY religion/gender/sexual preference/any other supposed persecuted minority DOES NOT excuse asshattery.

I repeat

Just SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

What did they do while on the plane? They prayed in the terminal.