pop

We are down to EIGHT!

That sounds like a reason to drink tequila ANYTHING!

B|

Wow! Pluto must've really screwed-up![:/]

Yeah... It kept changing lanes and swerving in front of Neptune :o.

Thing is, that it was either that, or re-promote Ceres (which used to be a planet) and "2003 UB313" which was provisionally named XENA in recognition (I assume) of Lucy Lawless's massive round thighs and arse!!:ph34r:

Anyway... Back to Vinny's excellent suggestion:

The Toast, Gentlemen & Ladies, is GUSTAV HOLST... Who was right all along!:)

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

All because they didn't want to include three other rocks that would've qualified for "planet" status under the old guidelines. :S We could've had twelve, now eight. :D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

All because they didn't want to include three other rocks that would've qualified for "planet" status under the old guidelines. :S We could've had twelve, now eight. :D

Imagine how all the kids who got the question about the planets on the test wrong feel now.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

Imagine how all the kids who got the question about the planets on the test wrong feel now.

I would imagine, kids missing that question, prior to the date Pluto lost it's 'Planet Status' would be 'grand-fathered'. :D This is all just un-believable!
Artie Johnson voice '...and DUMB! Artie Johnson voice.

Chuck

Did Pluto explode or escape the pull of the sun? What did GWB do now to make this happen?

It was global warming wasn't it? Global warming on the Earth caused Pluto to disappear.

Did the multinationals grind up the planet to increase their executive bonus packages?

When WILL PEOPLE LEARN?
Won't SOMEONE please think of the children?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Did Pluto explode or escape the pull of the sun? What did GWB do now to make this happen?

It was global warming wasn't it? Global warming on the Earth caused Pluto to disappear.

Did the multinationals grind up the planet to increase their executive bonus packages?

When WILL PEOPLE LEARN?
Won't SOMEONE please think of the children?

None of the above. It was just "bad intel" all along.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Did Pluto explode or escape the pull of the sun?

The IAU just got sick and tired of all Ceres' whining. "Pluto gets to be a planet. Why can't I be a planet? How come you let IT stay in a severely inclined orbit? How come IT can get away with passing inside the orbit of Neptune? It's obvious that if you're not in your little planetary clique the rules are different. Why don't you just admit you have a bias against asteroidal bodies?"

Finally the IAU said "Fine. You want to bitch? Now neither one of you is a planet. Happy now?"

I look at the above 4 posts and it just proves a point. We'd all rather be glib and a bit funny and mock things rather that debate intelligently.

I find this very encouraging.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yeap. Mocking is great:P

Cuz whatever we say or whatever we call them, it 's not going to change the course of the debris that moves inexorably around our Sun.

Oh, sometimes.... it's just plain good fun too:P

But...Clyde Tombaugh did a great piece of science - no doubt.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It was unclear how Pluto's demotion might affect the mission of NASA's New Horizons spacecraft, which earlier this year began a 9 1/2-year journey to the oddball object to unearth more of its secrets.

How exactly does one "unearth" something on Pluto?

Goes to show -- you swoop too close to other planets, you get grounded and get your planet license revoked.

That's really harsh! I thought maybe, he got caught messin' with Minnie!:D

No Minnie is crazy.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Goes to show -- you swoop too close to other planets, you get grounded and get your planet license revoked.

That's really harsh! I thought maybe, he got caught messin' with Minnie!:D

No Minnie is crazy.

that's right... she was doin' Goofy!

Chuck

I look at the above 4 posts and it just proves a point. We'd all rather be glib and a bit funny and mock things rather that debate intelligently.

I find this very encouraging.

It allows for a great cop-out! 'Hey! I was joking'!
Too much 'serious' will give you an ulcer.

Chuck