Darius11

Money Whores. Clint Blacks Iraq And Roll

Many of the same folks that want their taxes lowered are also strongly in favor of the (very expensive) war. You just have to read the posts from the usual suspects.

And many of those same folks were smart enough to know that lowering taxes would increase revenues. That we're mis-spending the additional revenues is another topic.

Prove that it was the tax reduction that increased revenues, as opposed to any other factor, foreign or domestic. Be sure to include the years 2001-2004.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Many of the same folks that want their taxes lowered are also strongly in favor of the (very expensive) war. You just have to read the posts from the usual suspects.

And many of those same folks were smart enough to know that lowering taxes would increase revenues. That we're mis-spending the additional revenues is another topic.

Prove that it was the tax reduction that increased revenues, as opposed to any other factor, foreign or domestic. Be sure to include the years 2001-2004.

Why bother when your ilk won't accept the fact that 9/11 had a devestating effect on the economy?

Why bother when your ilk won't accept the fact that 9/11 had a devestating effect on the economy?

Can't do it, can you? It's a bogus argument. Eventually the crushing debt will force a tax increase, just like it did with poor old Bush of "Read my lips, no new taxes" fame.

Being the affluent liberal that I am, the tax cuts have benefitted me in the short term. In the long term they will be a disaster, of course, and I do not support them.

I don't have the capacity to prove it, other than to say that taxes were lowered with the STATED GOAL of increasing revenues (by improving business conditions), and that GOAL has been ACHEIVED. Same thing happened before in our lifetimes. You were wrong when you said tax cuts wouldn't work, and you're still saying it. They worked.

. . =(_8^(1)

Who is Clint Black?

The war profiteer who started this whole convoluted thread.:)

Clint Black is Darius? I had no idea

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I am one of those people who values all life the same no matter what color they are no matter what country they are a citizen of.

So what do you think of the daily horrific massacres of innocent Muslims in Iraq by other Muslims?

What do you think of Iran's President Ahmadinejibberjabber and his vow to exterminate Israel?

Do you recognize that Israel has a right to exist?

What did you think of the Taliban's oppression of the citizens of Afghanistan?

What do you think of the death fatwa issued against Salmon Rushdi for his book?

What do you think of the Canadian Muslims, just arrested, that were plotting to blow up landmarks and kill people in Canada?

Ahmadinejibberjabber

is that pronounced phoenetically? It's hard to stay objective when confronted with your delivery at times

no point here, but I gripe about it the other way so often, I just want to stay consistent

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>What do you think of the death fatwa issued against Salmon Rushdi for his book?

What do you think of the call for assassination of Hugo Chavez by a US religious leader?

>What do you think of the Canadian Muslims, just arrested, that
>were plotting to blow up landmarks and kill people in Canada?

What do you think of the Christian ex-military american who DID blow up a US government building and kill over 100 people in the US?

>Do you recognize that Israel has a right to exist?

Did you recognize that Hussein's government had a right to exist?

>What do you think of the death fatwa issued against Salmon Rushdi for his book?

What do you think of the call for assassination of Hugo Chavez by a US religious leader

And Bilvon's famous tennis-ball-against-the-beach-ball comparisons continue. Do you EVER actually compare facts between items before you equate them? Or is it intentional deceit?

. . =(_8^(1)

> What do you think of Iran's President Ahmadinejibberjabber....

:D:D jibberjabber

> What do you think of the Canadian Muslims, just arrested, that were plotting to blow up landmarks and kill people in Canada?

The Prime Minister was on that list. But I suspect you will recieve more jibberjabber from some on this thread looking for firm footing in these shifting sands.

I liked your post, but need to stop all this jibberjabber for now.

Ahmadinejibberjabber

is that pronounced phoenetically? It's hard to stay objective when confronted with your delivery at times

Yes, I was having a little fun with his name, because what we hear him saying is so often just nonsensical jibber-jabber.

But I think that it is still possible to focus on the question, even with the injection of a little humor.

Yes, I was having a little fun with his name, because what we hear him saying is so often just nonsensical jibber-jabber.

Thanks for reminding me to check my "Bushisms" calendar. Let's see, today's quote:
"We need to counter the shock wave of the evildoer by having individual rate cuts accelerated and by thinking about tax rebates."
Washington, D.C.; October 4,2001
That's our boy!!!!

> Do you EVER actually compare facts between items before you equate them?

The expected non-answer. You might have tried "but Clinton got a blowjob!" or "so you support the terrorists, eh?" - two other oldies but goodies.

Really sucks when someone counters your cliches with cliches of their own, huh? :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't have the capacity to prove it, other than to say that taxes were lowered with the STATED GOAL of increasing revenues (by improving business conditions), and that GOAL has been ACHEIVED. Same thing happened before in our lifetimes. You were wrong when you said tax cuts wouldn't work, and you're still saying it. They worked.

Revenues have been down during 80% of the Bush presidency. A fact you conveniently ignore.

Your logic reminds me of the story about the man in Iowa who was tearing up strips of paper and scattering them around his house. When asked why, he said it was to scare away the wild elephants. "But there aren't any wild elephants in Iowa" said his friend. "Well, that shows how well it works" he replied.

Bush's legacy will be crushing debt, a demoralized military, and disaffected allies.

What do you think of the Christian ex-military american who DID blow up a US government building and kill over 100 people in the US?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Clinton set up that whole thing to divert attention from the flat tax agenda that was gaining steam.(Ohhhh my gaud, I sound like a radical dem-dummie or re-puke). Heh-heh!

Revenues have been down during 80% of the Bush presidency. A fact you conveniently ignore.

Your logic reminds me of the story about the man in Iowa who was tearing up strips of paper and scattering them around his house. When asked why, he said it was to scare away the wild elephants. "But there aren't any wild elephants in Iowa" said his friend. "Well, that shows how well it works" he replied.

Bush's legacy will be crushing debt, a demoralized military, and disaffected allies.

As I said, no point in discussing taxes and Govt. revenues with someone who can't even acknowledge the effects of 9/11 on the economy. Your rant is sophomoric and down right laughable.

Well, at least that's what you're hoping. [:/]

It's going to be hard to come up with a different legacy, what with current events and accurate historical accounts working against him. History was so much easier to revise before the internet.

The expected non-answer. You might have tried "but Clinton got a blowjob!" or "so you support the terrorists, eh?" - two other oldies but goodies.

Ahh, the expected platitude. You could have offered an opposing viewpoint, but instead you offered non-sequitors.

If you want answers...

What do you think of the call for assassination of Hugo Chavez by a US religious leader?

Robertson's quote: "You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war. "

Does Robertson have the power to actually facilitate an assassination by wishing for it? Quite doubtful. Juxtapose this with the Ayatollah commanding the assassination of Salman Rushdie for writing a book. I hope you do not honestly fail to see the difference.

I know that we tried him and executed him. Not pleasant, but certainly proof that he was viewed as a terrorist, with zero lenience granted for his ethnicity or citizenship.

Did you recognize that Hussein's government had a right to exist?

This reminds me of Michael Moore's description of the invasion of Iraq as an invasion of a sovereign nation, which is an absurdity. The answer is no. Hussein's government had absolutely nothing resembling a right to exist. It was a government permitted to exist in the aftermath of a war begun by that government and a war which that government lost. A war which began with that government's actual invasion of a sovereign country. Hussein's government existed under the terms of a cease-fire. Terms which Hussein's government grossly violated for over a decade.

While being so quick to berate skydyvr, you missed the fact that he made a very good point. You often speak of shades of grey, dismissing the idea of black and white...which I agree with. But as you have continued to preach this mantra it seems you have lost the key idea: that there are shades. In each of these questions you have implied equality, but the shades of difference are strikingly discernible.

FallRate

In each of these questions you have implied equality, but the shades of difference are strikingly discernible.

Bilvon obviously isn't stupid, so we'll have to write it off to pure intellectual dishonesty. Bummer.

Bilvon always ignores me when I point out the glaring differences in the comparisons he puts together -- most of which are constructed for the purpose of minimizing the US and to apologize for various actions of the enemy.

I'm used to being ignored on the subject, but it's nice to know some others haven't ignored it.

. . =(_8^(1)