mnealtx

Family tradition?

I'm more worried if the concrete barrier is going to make it through this ordeal or not. ;):D

well, in day to day operation, the concrete barrier (CB) uses less gas than the mustang

Exactly. The concrete barrier should be commended. Thats one less automobile of the streets.

BTW, why is Kennedy driving a Mustang? Hasn't he heard we are in a gasoline crisis? I don't think the gas mileage on a 5.0 L Mustang is much different than a Ford Expedition, is it? Damn hypocritc Politicians.

-

He goes home, takes a sleeping pill and then goes out driving at almost 3 am with his headlights out, smashes into a barricade and then claims he was on his way to vote, 6 hours after the House closed

Here are some facts for you. Ambien has some rather interesting properties in sleep walking for quite a few people.

http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/ambien

Concerns are being raised about the safety of Ambien (zolpidem tartrate), the anti-insomnia drug manufactured by Sanofi-Aventis. Reports are surfacing people taking Ambien are experiencing sleepwalking, memory loss / amnesia, binge eating while sleeping, having sex while sleeping, and other disturbing side effects. Some of the most serious side effects involve Ambien users having auto accidents the day after taking Ambien due to daytime sleepiness and the lingering feeling of being drugged. One disturbing report concerned a physician at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston who could not recall advising residents on rounds the morning after taking Ambien.

Indeed lets wait for the results in our country that exists under the rule of law. Innocent until proven guilty.... regardless of your political affiliation.:o

Right Mr. Neal?

who asked my ex wife?[:/]

I'm more worried if the concrete barrier is going to make it through this ordeal or not. ;):D

well, in day to day operation, the concrete barrier (CB) uses less gas than the mustang

Exactly. The concrete barrier should be commended. Thats one less automobile of the streets.

BTW, why is Kennedy driving a Mustang? Hasn't he heard we are in a gasoline crisis? I don't think the gas mileage on a 5.0 L Mustang is much different than a Ford Expedition, is it? Damn hypocritc Politicians.

-

BUT, if he drove a 4 cyl watered down Mustang, then he'd be a different kind of hypocrit, now, wouldn't he? So he can't really win with you ultra righties no matter what.:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

-

BUT, if he drove a 4 cyl watered down Mustang, then he'd be a different kind of hypocrit, now, wouldn't he? So he can't really win with you ultra righties no matter what.:P

Nope, then I'd call him a pussy for driving a girly car. :ph34r:

-

What the hell? I've taken Ambien, and I can not imagine anyone thinking it would be a good reason to drive on that.... it knocks you completely. I'd trust someone to drive drunk over driving on ambien...

but as a sleeping pill, it works beautifully....

Medications are the same as alcohol when driving. If they impair your ability to drive, they're a DUI.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

why do concrete barrier's hate america? it's obvious that the barrier's are terrorists...they attacked one of our elected officials.

no, seriously, it's OK - just a lil DD. what's the harm?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/bushdui1.html

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/bushdmv1.html

/i can't throw stones here, i'm in the middle of a glass house on this one...
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

Medications are the same as alcohol when driving. If they impair your ability to drive, they're a DUI.

true, but what if it is in the form of sleepwalking? Can you be held liable for something you are not consciously doing?

I agree with Lawrocket...one standard for all. Though in the real world it really doens't seemt o happen that way. The more money or power you have, the more you can get away with.

what if it is in the form of sleepwalking? Can you be held liable for something you are not consciously doing?

It's a tricky issue. At least in California, the case of People v. Huey Newton from 1970 involving the Black Panther, reversed a conviction for voluntary manslaughter of a cop in a shootout, and ordered a retrial. The Court found that a period of "unconsciousness" eliminates intent.

But, the court also found that the unconsciousness cannot be self-induced. In most places, if you deliberately intoxicate yourself, loss of self-control is foreseeable. Considering that there were probably a great deal of warnings on the Ambien, it's gonna be difficult to say whether or not he self-induced this.

edited to add: Kennedy also claims to have taken phenergan - a nausea medication. Having personal experience with this drug as administered by Uncle Sam during a mission a few years ago, phenergan also can cause a loss of consciousness - 14 hours in my case.

So this guy mixed Ambien and phenergan. Not exactly a bright thing. Assuming what he says is true, I think less of him than if he'd blown a 1.0 BAC. It is downright reckless.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Here are some facts for you. Ambien has some rather interesting properties in sleep walking for quite a few people.

Two years of Ambien for me, and no negative effects so far.

However, I have noticed the neighbor lady winks and smiles at me every morning now. I have no idea why.

. . =(_8^(1)

He just checked himself into rehab...so, looks like there is a bit of family tradition.....

I wish him the best and hope he is able to overcome his addiction.-

I wish him some peace as well from all the loud mouth assholes calling for his resignation. The other side to be dicks about it, his own side to separate themselves from him.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I wish him some peace as well from all the loud mouth assholes calling for his resignation. The other side to be dicks about it, his own side to separate themselves from him.

Agreed, with a couple qualifications:
1. I want him, his family and his spokespeople to stop using the tortured rhetoric in their public statements. I hate it when the Right drudges up Chappaquiddick all the time - but having said that, if you look at all the public statements made by Teddy & his crowd after Chappaquiddick (I remember them), it all sounds eerily familiar. They need to cut that shit now.

2. I'd really like to see a credible, non-partisan investigation on why the cops didn't give this guy a blood-substance test like the rest of us slobs, and instead drove him home.

you nailed it

and when he recovers, he shouldn't pander votes by going into a bleeding routine about how he overcame this horrible addiction and that makes him better than someone who hasn't experienced it

Indeed lets wait for the results in our country that exists under the rule of law. Innocent until proven guilty.... regardless of your political affiliation.Shocked

Right Mr. Neal?

Absolutely.... unless it's Bush, Cheney, Rice, etc....right, Ms. Cameron?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Just curious here... why would someone enter rehab if they had just experienced a freakish side-effect of a drug that they are taking by presciption? If he DOES have a drug problem that'd require entering rehab... are we okay with having a leader like that? I mean, I know it tugs at heart strings that, like he said in his press conference, he is "afflicted" like millions of other Americans and that he's gonna stand up and do the right thing by going to rehab... but if he really REALLY did have a drug problem in office... do you want him in that office?

Not that it's true or that I think it is, but if you look at his choices after being caught driving under "some kind" of influence.... admitting drunk driving is not an option for him, ONLY blaming side effects isn't going to be that plausible for the people, so that leaves.... playing the martyr/victim struggling like any average Joe.

Politically, he didn't have a choice... I just wonder if he REALLY did have a problem or if rehab is purely a political move. I would want ANY elected official to step down if they had a drug problem. There's no place for that in our leaders.
Oh, hello again!

Gee you mean like the Shrub with Drunk driving in his past and his cocaine use?????

Yeah....but didn't he repent?

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Gee you mean like the Shrub with Drunk driving in his past and his cocaine use?????

ZING... ya got me there!!:S

Really... having a past in something isn't the same as having the problem TODAY. But you knew that and just wanted throw out "shrub" and make the reference to drugs again, didn't you?

Should we accept someone's current drug abuse (if that's what it is) because someone else (allegedly) had a drinking problem or had used drugs? Really?

I hope you don't really think that. Any of you.
Oh, hello again!