D22369

jane fonda

It seems that their may still be some sensible people in the government:)

Georgia senate
ATLANTA (March 16) - Jane Fonda's 1972 trip to North Vietnam is haunting her again. The Georgia Senate on Thursday nearly unanimously defeated a resolution that would have honored the actress' charity work in the state.

The Democratic sponsor had tried to withdraw the resolution after a rocky reception from colleagues and a phone call from Fonda's office, but a Republican leader forced a vote, saying members of his caucus wanted to go on record against it.

Fonda, who is out of the country, had asked for the resolution to be withdrawn to avoid the controversy, said the sponsor, Sen. Steen Miles of suburban Atlanta.

The effort was defeated 38-1, with even Miles voting against it.

The resolution cited the Atlanta resident's work as founder of the Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, donations to universities and charities, and role as goodwill ambassador for the United Nations.

But Fonda's political activities protesting the Vietnam War, including a trip to North Vietnam in 1972, have long made her a target of veterans.

"I can think of no living American who is less worthy of this honor," Republican Sen. John Douglas declared. "She is as guilty of treason as Benedict Arnold and Tokyo Rose."

Miles argued that Fonda's good works should outweigh the negatives

Once a traitor, always a traitor.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

They should give her a bullet in the head! :ph34r:

Yeah, that's it. Dissregard the first ammendment, never mind we represent the "Land Of The Free, And The Home Of The Brave"

Just shoot the bitch. That way we'll insure the legacy of all of the women and men who have given thier lives to insure each and every American will be insured these rights.

I don not understand this mentality, thank god.

Don't get me wrong, i hate what she did when she got behing that NC gun, but she has since apologized for her actions. She's straight with me, not that she had to make any apologies.

"I might not agree with WHAT you say......BUT....I'll defend to the death you're right to say it.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

***Don't get me wrong, i hate what she did when she got behing that NC gun, but she has since apologized for her actions. She's straight with me, not that she had to make any apologies.

"reply]

Yeah...fucking aye. Its ok to cause American troop deaths as long as you apologize.
I was a part of that war.....that bitch can never apologize enough to make her straight with me.

I guess you had to be there.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Are you honestly suggesting that Jane Fonda killed American troops? Really?? Seriously??? :S

Aid and comfort to the enemy.

Kind of like a cheerleader at a football game. Convincing the players that things are going well and they have support.

She strengthened the enemys resolve to involve themselves in more action. Action, being battle and killing. That is the effect.

If you had a brother in Saigon in 1970, you wouldn't have appreciated it either. A spoiled little rich kid (who never did anything but have a famous parent) is supporting the people who are dropping mortars on my family.

From the distance of history, it seems a little harsh, difficult to understand. Easy to be impersonal.

Apology not accepted.

I've never felt the need to reply to anything before but this is too much.

Jane Fonda is a traitor. She openly and blatantly commited treason. Treason isn't protected speech, it's a federal crime, punishable by death. Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution comes way before the Bill of Rights:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

I'm pretty sure there's more than two witnesses and you can't apologize for something without confessing to it.

Jane Fonda is a traitor....

To put it in short: Was she tried and convicted? If yes, that'll teach her. If not, STFU.

It bothers me when people throw around accusations like that without backing them up. Is a PR trip to an enemy state bad taste and possibly bad for morale? Possibly. Does it amount to giving "aid and comfort to the enemy"? Hardly.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

you state you hate when people throw accusations around without backing them up....lol, I hate misinformed people that lack the ability to do a simple search....try google sometime-- this is an excerpt from snopes::

Hanoi'd with Jane

Claim: Jane Fonda betrayed U.S. POWs during the ->Viet Nam War.

During a 1972 trip to North Vietnam, Jane Fonda propagandized on behalf of the North Vietnamese government, declared that American POWs were being treated humanely and condemned U.S. soldiers as "war criminals" and later denounced them as liars for claiming they had been tortured: True.

check snopes for yourself....she was and remains a traitor - you know nothing, do yourself a favor and do some research.

Roy

Ehm... I repeat, was she convicted of treason?

From the link you referenced this does not apper to be the case, so distasteful as her actions may seem to you, you have as much right to call her a traitor as I have to call you a car thief.

are you drunk or something? did you read anything on snopes other than what I cut and pasted? if you did you would have read about the circumstances that helped her in not being charged with treason.

once again....do some reading.

you have nothing remotely similar between me calling her a traitor, and you calling me a car thief.
think about it a bit, you may figure it out.

Roy

I have no problem with having different points of views,
I dont understand your reasoning, but your entitled to it.

I wont change your mind, you wont change mine.

to virtually every vietnam veteran that I have ever known, she was/is a traitor. What I have read about her actions leads me to believe she was a traitor and should have been dealt with accordingly...

Roy

...and to me to publicly call someone a traitor it would be slander/libel unless they were convicted of said crime.

We should delegate this discussion to freefall. We get to yell really loud at one another, and we only have a minute. :D

We should delegate this discussion to freefall. We get to yell really loud at one another, and we only have a minute.

thats the best idea I have seen in SC in a while :)

Roy

We should delegate this discussion to freefall. We get to yell really loud at one another, and we only have a minute.

Holy shit - that should be in the forum description!! :D

That's the most succinct and accurate description of the SC I have ever come across!

Don't get me wrong, i hate what she did when she got behing that NC gun, but she has since apologized for her actions. She's straight with me, not that she had to make any apologies.

"I might not agree with WHAT you say......BUT....I'll defend to the death you're right to say it.

She's straight with me too, but I don't matter in this situation. It's our people who were over there who matter, as do their families. Particularly American POWs, those you died over there, and their loved ones.

I don't know that she has every *really* apologized for what she did. I do remember some half-assed apology, but never any real expression of remorse, just regret at making a bad choice or something like that.

Walt

1. Has Jane Fonda ever been convicted of treason?
2. Has Jane Fonda ever been tried for treason?
3. Has Jane Fonda ever been indicted for treason?

Factual answers preferred.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Didn't we skin this particular goat a couple of hours ago? You are hereby cordially invited to our shouting match. ;)

Are you honestly suggesting that Jane Fonda killed American troops? Really?? Seriously??? :S

By her visiting and supporting the NVA....she gave them the added incentive to carry on.....whether they did in response to her visit will be debated forever. If they did......she was responsible for reinforcing their resolve to fight which directly caused American deaths.

A little known fact.....her comment while sitting in the NVA AA gun was..."I wish an Amreican B-52 would fly over right now so I could shoot it down"

Why she wasnt prosecuted is anybodies guess, Professor. Those times were so confused and convoluted.....it seems like a blur to me these days.
As it is......Jane Fonda does not get a pass from me or many many other veterans.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

You don't really expect the lefties to understand what you are trying to say, do you? To do so, in their minds, would be an admission that people's words and actions during a war can influence and encourage the enemy. Heck if they start to believe that about Hanoi Jane during Vietnam, they might have to start to admit the same thing about Iraq. I can guarantee you that will never happen.

Thanks for your service.

-