D22369

jane fonda

...but she has since apologized for her actions.

no she hasn't. she said once that she "shouldn't have sat behind that anti-aircraft gun". you call that an apology? i think that americans are very forgiving and i think that she would have been forgiven IF she had actually ever made a public apology. the fact that she hasn't is why she still takes hits to this day over her treasonous behavior. so, until she apologizes, i'm in the to-hell-with-her camp.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

It hasn't been mentioned here, while Jane was in N. Viet Nam, she also slapped the face of a U.S. pilot, shot-down over 'enemy territory'. That's documented. Her half-assed apology, don't cut it. I think, she was wrong in what she said or did. It might have been different, had she said what she did on U.S. soil but, to go into 'enemy territory' and say it... wrong answer. I think, she should've been brought up on charges but, she wasn't. So, in the eyes of our laws... she's innocent. To me, she was wrong and always will be. She's the one who has to live with herself. That war, might have been wrong but, our troops were hip-deep in that mess and like it or not, they needed our support. Those guys were doing their job and were sworn to do that job. Natalie Maines, said what she did about Pres. Bush and the whole country turned on her. Her mouth is no bigger than Jane Fonda's. The whole Jane Fonda mess will be debated for a long, long time and there's always going to be two sides. I take the side that says she was wrong. JMO

Chuck

Thanks for your service.

-

Folks.....it was a long time ago. 36 years ago for me. Probably longer ago than some of you have been alive. I have tried to forget a lot of it. Those of you that know me personally know why.

One more little known fact. She was being introduced to a lineup of POWs....a couple of them had personal notes in their hands that they slipped to her while shaking hands......she then handed the notes over to the camp commander. These AMERICAN POWs were later beaten, repeatedly, for this.,
Do your research.....this stuff is all out there for your dissemination.

I wont forget Hanoi Jane...nor her actions .
I'm done.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

1. Has Jane Fonda ever been convicted of treason?
2. Has Jane Fonda ever been tried for treason?
3. Has Jane Fonda ever been indicted for treason?

Factual answers preferred.

Was Ted Kennedy drunk?
Did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
Did Ted Kennedy leave a woman to die while he sobered up?
Was Ted Kennedy convicted of manslaughter?
Does that mean he didn't do it?

-

One more little known fact. She was being introduced to a lineup of POWs....a couple of them had personal notes in their hands that they slipped to her while shaking hands......she then handed the notes over to the camp commander. These AMERICAN POWs were later beaten, repeatedly, for this.,

I'm sorry, but that is not true.

From snopes.com

The most serious accusations in the piece quoted above, that Fonda turned over slips of paper furtively given her by American POWs to the North Vietnamese and that several POWs were beaten to death as a result, are untrue. Those named in the inflammatory e-mail have repeatedly and categorically denied the events they supposedly were part of.

HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

Do your research.....this stuff is all out there for your dissemination.

:S:([:/]B|
This is nothing more than a totally false urban legend.
Strangely enough, it is a person such as Jane Fonda that makes me grateful to be American, where I can have free thoughts and opinions. People, such as some in this thread who advocate the execution of people for thoughts and actions which never even happened are true disappointments. They scream the loudest about American values and freedom, but possess neither.

this nothing more than a totally false urban legend.
Strangely enough, it is a person such as Jane Fonda that makes me grateful to be American, where I can have free thoughts and opinions. .

oops...my fuck up.

I agree with your comment about free thoughts and opinions......but holding Jane Fonda up as the example is a poor one.

I really am done now.....thanks for setting me straight.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

"We were not strong enough to drive out a half-million American troops, but that wasn't our aim. Our intention was to break the will of the American government to continue the war."--North Vietnamese General Vo Nguyen Giap, in a 1990 interview with historian Stanley Karnow.

And she was used as their puppet.

-

I have talked to a lot of vietnam veterans. I have even served with a few. None of them thought we should've been involved in the war. All of them served bravely and proudly. I've never met a vietnam veteran who has ever had anything good to say about Jane. In fact, she has caused a lot of emotional pain for them. Treason? It's not for me to say. But, what she did was horribly wrong in my opinion. I can definitely understand their anger. Thanks to those who have served.

I wonder what John Rich has to say about this?

In the Delay thread he went on and on how people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Many right winger agreed with him.

Can't really suck and blow at the same time....(through the same hole, cause some people can exhale through their mouth while inhaling through their nose...which is completely beside the point;))

apples and oranges;

we know what jane did and we know what ted did. they have been tried in the court of public opinion which is what this thread is about. if tom didn't break the law, then he can remain in office. many people think he is a dirt bag and many don't. he is being tried in the court of public opinion. so, to sum up for ya, we're not talking about sending teddy and jane to jail or kicking ted out of office. we're talking about how douche bags don't deserve kudos when they haven't owned up to the aggregious things they have done in the past.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

we're talking about how douche bags don't deserve kudos when they haven't owned up to the aggregious things they have done in the past.

I thought we were talking about weather or not she was a traitor. I didn't see anybody advocating that she should get kudos in this thread.

ahhh okay...so she isn't a criminal, nor has she been tried or convicted of anything in a court of law. Just like Mr. Delay. Who clearly is a scumbag, but just hasn't been convicted yet. And as was so vehemently relayed in that thread...innocent until proven guilty. And I am sure John did not mean a court of public opinion.

you state you hate when people throw accusations around without backing them up....lol, I hate misinformed people that lack the ability to do a simple search....try google sometime-- this is an excerpt from snopes::

Hanoi'd with Jane

Claim: Jane Fonda betrayed U.S. POWs during the ->Viet Nam War.

During a 1972 trip to North Vietnam, Jane Fonda propagandized on behalf of the North Vietnamese government, declared that American POWs were being treated humanely and condemned U.S. soldiers as "war criminals" and later denounced them as liars for claiming they had been tortured: True.

check snopes for yourself....she was and remains a traitor - you know nothing, do yourself a favor and do some research.

Roy

In another thread the righties are voicing lots of support for the INDICTED conspirator, Tom Delay. Their reasoning is that he has not been tried and convicted, so we must have a presumption of innocence and ignore the indictment. Other bafflegab is uttered by them, but this is the gist of their argument.

In this thread, people are denouncing Jane Fonda as a traitor deserving of death.

Did I miss something? When was Jane Fonda indicted for, or charged with, treason?

If she wasn't indicted, tried, and convicted, then clearly she wasn't guilty of the the charges, eh? How about some consistency, righties?

Do you smell the foul stench of hypocrisy? I do.

Just for the record, I think that Jane Fonda's actions in North Vietnam were not in the best interests of the USA and the troops. She should never have gone there and said what she did.

I saw a report on the evening news, awhile back. FWIW Jane Fonda was 'meeting and greeting' some folks when one man, eased-up to greet her. Rather than shake her hand when she approached him, he spit in her face. Just so happened, the man was a Viet Nam Vet. When asked about it later, the Vet replied that, he had waited many years to do that. What goes around, comes around.

Chuck

No on all counts.

Was OJ convicted of murder?

No.

Does that make him innocent?

Legally, yes. In reality, well you decide.

Jane Fonda's actions were well documented. There is plenty of room for anyone to call her a traitor based on those well-documented actions.

Walt

I saw a report on the evening news, awhile back. FWIW Jane Fonda was 'meeting and greeting' some folks when one man, eased-up to greet her. Rather than shake her hand when she approached him, he spit in her face. Just so happened, the man was a Viet Nam Vet. When asked about it later, the Vet replied that, he had waited many years to do that. What goes around, comes around.

Chuck

IIRC, that was at a book-signing thing in Kansas City. I don't think most people would approve of that at all, but I do think most understood what was behind it.

To Ms. Fonda's credit, she took it and did not file charges.

Walt

Jane Fonda's actions were well documented. There is plenty of room for anyone to call her a traitor based on those well-documented actions.

Absolutely. Whether she's truly remorseful for her actions or not doesn't matter a whole lot in my opinion either. Our actions oftentimes haunt us for a very long time. Hers will always be glaring like a big T on her forehead. It's how it should be.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Chuck

IIRC, that was at a book-signing thing in Kansas City. I don't think most people would approve of that at all, but I do think most understood what was behind it.

To Ms. Fonda's credit, she took it and did not file charges.

Walt

Well, that was rather fair of her. Seeing as how noone brought charges against her. Yup! she's a real stand-up gal!
That's one of the really neat things about this country. You and I can dis-agree on something but, I still, think you're a neat guy. This ol' world would be pretty dull if, we all agreed on everything.
By the way, thank you for remembering where that incident happened.;)

Chuck

Chuck

In this thread, people are denouncing Jane Fonda as a traitor deserving of death.

Did I miss something? When was Jane Fonda indicted for, or charged with, treason?

If she wasn't indicted, tried, and convicted, then clearly she wasn't guilty of the the charges, eh? How about some consistency, righties?

Just for the record, I think that Jane Fonda's actions in North Vietnam were not in the best interests of the USA and the troops. She should never have gone there and said what she did.

I don't think it's the same. What Jane Fonda did was extensively covered by journalists. The evidence of her actions is very well-known. The evidence of any possible violations by Tom DeLay is nowhere near as clear.

Walt

yeah, that happened just a year or two. I'm no fan of Hanoi Jane, but wtf kind of infantile loser just walks up & spits tobacco juice on someone then runs out of the room?
He should have looked her in the eye & told her what he thought of her. Instead he winds up looking like a 3 year old.

oh, but here's another thought about the made up stories (such as the note-passing story, etc.) if what Jane Fonda did in real life was so bad, why are people spreading made-up rumors to exaggerate what she actually did?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

yeah, that happened just a year or two. I'm no fan of Hanoi Jane, but wtf kind of infantile loser just walks up & spits tobacco juice on someone then runs out of the room?
He should have looked her in the eye & told her what he thought of her. Instead he winds up looking like a 3 year old.

oh, but here's another thought about the made up stories (such as the note-passing story, etc.) if what Jane Fonda did in real life was so bad, why are people spreading made-up rumors to exaggerate what she actually did?

I think, it goes back to the old thing where, you line-up 5-people and whisper a joke to the first person in line and tell them to pass it on. Compare the last 'version' with the original.

Chuck

I don't think it's the same. What Jane Fonda did was extensively covered by journalists. The evidence of her actions is very well-known. The evidence of any possible violations by Tom DeLay is nowhere near as clear.

Walt

The evidence of Delay's ongoing ethics issues goes back a LONG way. Censured repeatedly by his colleagues.

Try Googling Tom Delay Ethics Violations.

You will have HOURS of reading to educate you. And that is just the verified, provable stuff.

If you personally witnessed a guy kill someone, but he was never charged due to a technicality, would you refrain from calling him a murderer? Let's get a factual answer to that.

. . =(_8^(1)