dontbounce

Behold the power of the Republican Propaganda Machine

Where else in the world would a suspected felon be voted into power? Behold the power of Fox News, the mouthpiece of the Republican Party.

"I guess if Bill O'Reiley says he is OK, that's good enough for me, despite the Corruption and Money Laundering felonies he is charged with"

Thankfully, when the Department of Justice starts handing out indictments and arresting people, they aren't relying on the critical thinking or rational judgement of any Texas citizens to do it.

DeLay wins GOP primary
Wednesday, March 8, 2006; Posted: 9:19 a.m. EST (14:19 GMT)

HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) -- Despite being indicted and relegated to the back benches, Rep. Tom DeLay's political stock remained strong enough with the folks back home for him to win Tuesday night's primary election in his Houston-area district.

The Associated Press projected DeLay the winner of the GOP primary in the 22nd District, centered in the southeastern Houston suburbs.

The former House majority leader was carrying about 64 percent of the vote against three GOP challengers, according to the Texas Secretary of State's Office. The total includes results from early voting, as well as reports from about 14 percent of the precincts. (Watch DeLay vote, raise more money, have last laugh -- 1:38)

The Tuesday primary was DeLay's first electoral test since he was indicted on money-laundering charges in September. He later stepped down as House majority leader.

so you've attributed delay's election in texas to fox news heh? interesting...

anyway, i don't know tom personally but, i know he hasn't been convicted or plead guilty to anything yet.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

so you've attributed delay's election in texas to fox news heh? interesting...

anyway, i don't know tom personally but, i know he hasn't been convicted or plead guilty to anything yet.

What else could it possibly be? Its a whole new paradigm now. 5 years ago, if you were indicted of a felony(or a few felonies), it was fatal to your political career. Now it is just a "pesky issue".

"Have Carl Rove throw some spin on it and make sure it's on Hannity and Combs by 6:00PM and have Bill Oreiley do some "talking points" on it and we will have this thing turned into a Hillary-Bashing session in nothing flat." So what if he is under indictment for several felonies? I mean, its just a "partisan attack" from the rabid democratic prosecutor right?

It makes me sick...

;)

I mean, its just a "partisan attack" from the rabid democratic prosecutor right? It makes me sick... ;)

I like to tell you a little story about the boy who called wolf.... After a while, nobody listened to him anymore.

Is it any wonder why the back and forth bickering of the two parties is now largely, and cynically, ignored by the general populace?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

...as opposed to keeping an ADMITED felon in office. or re-electing a drug user to a Mayor position.

Have you been following the DeLay story? I would guess not by your comments

Sorry, I forget, it is the accusation that counts.

Thanks for the laugh however
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

> I mean, its just a "partisan attack" from the rabid democratic prosecutor right?

Your right, it's just a partisan attack, and it makes me sick as well.>:(

By the way, I was one of them there votes. God, you got to love this country.

Oh and by the way, don't give Fox News so much credit for his primary win, CBS/ABC/CNN nailed it down for me.

> I mean, its just a "partisan attack" from the rabid democratic prosecutor right?

Oh and by the way, don't give Fox News so much credit for his primary win, CBS/ABC/CNN nailed it down for me.

Yes, you gotta love this country!!!
Abraham Lincoln

Where else in the world would a suspected felon be voted into power? Behold the power of Fox News, the mouthpiece of the Republican Party. "DeLay wins GOP primary"

First, he hasn't been convicted of anything. Perhaps you like to presume that people are guilty before their trial, but that's not the American way.

Second, Fox news didn't vote for him, the citizens of his district did.

Third, it wasn't a vote putting him into power. It's just a primary election, which means this just makes him the Republican candidate, who still has to run against a Democrat at a later date to be re-elected.

Gosh, look at that. You didn't get a single darned thing correct.

First, he hasn't been convicted of anything. Perhaps you like to presume that people are guilty before their trial, but that's not the American way.

Second, Fox news didn't vote for him, the citizens of his district did.

Third, it wasn't a vote putting him into power. It's just a primary election, which means this just makes him the Republican candidate, who still has to run against a Democrat at a later date to be re-elected.

Gosh, look at that. You didn't get a single darned thing correct.

LOL - He said "suspected" felon, he said "Delay wins primary", and he didn't say Fox news voted for him. You're absolutely right, he didn't get a single darned thing correct.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

LOL - He said "suspected" felon, he said "Delay wins primary", and he didn't say Fox news voted for him.

Here is dontbounce's quote:
Where else in the world would a suspected felon be voted into power? Behold the power of Fox News, the mouthpiece of the Republican Party.

"I guess if Bill O'Reiley says he is OK, that's good enough for me, despite the Corruption and Money Laundering felonies he is charged with"

Thankfully, when the Department of Justice starts handing out indictments and arresting people, they aren't relying on the critical thinking or rational judgement of any Texas citizens to do it.
Everything else below that was a paste of a news story, so you can't attribute that article to dontbounce.

Note that he attributes Fox News with being responsible for the vote results. Note that he suggests that mere suspicion should be enough to keep someone from serving in public office. Oh, and of course he knows more about Delay and the legal charges than all the Texan's in Delay's district. Hrumph!

Plus he is a republican...even if he does get convicted, he was just a poor victim of the unfortunate environment he works in....

it's so dizzying trying to figure out which party stands for what when they both keeping using the same excuses and platforms and catchphrases

now which party is pandering to the self proclaimed victims?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You voted for Delay?

You must be a true red Republican.
Trivial issues like ethics and corruption mean nothing to you. Those issues are for the little people.
Real Republicans would never find anything shameful about such trivial issues.
Unless it involves a Democrat. Then ethics and corruption become important issues.

We, the people, need to DEMAND that our elected leaders be held accountable for their actions. When you vote for someone like Delay you are HURTING our country.
You should be ashamed of yourself. People like you are the ones allowing our country to go down the toilet.

You voted for Delay? Trivial issues like ethics and corruption mean nothing to you. Those issues are for the little people.
Real Republicans would never find anything shameful about such trivial issues... You should be ashamed of yourself. People like you are the ones allowing our country to go down the toilet.

Wow! Aren't we judgemental today!

Tom Delay has not been convicted of anything yet. He's innocent until proven guilty, if that happens at all. The prosecuter is a partisan who doesn't have much of a case.

You should be ashamed of yourself for presuming guilt before any such finding has ever been made.

You should be ashamed of yourself for presuming to know more about the issues in Delay's district than his own voters.

You should be ashamed of yourself for jumping to judgement about Delay's voters.

You should be ashamed of yourself for telling others to be ashamed.

You voted for Delay? Trivial issues like ethics and corruption mean nothing to you. Those issues are for the little people.
Real Republicans would never find anything shameful about such trivial issues... You should be ashamed of yourself. People like you are the ones allowing our country to go down the toilet.

Wow! Aren't we judgemental today!

Tom Delay has not been convicted of anything yet. He's innocent until proven guilty, if that happens at all. The prosecuter is a partisan who doesn't have much of a case.

You should be ashamed of yourself for presuming guilt before any such finding has ever been made.

You should be ashamed of yourself for presuming to know more about the issues in Delay's district than his own voters.

You should be ashamed of yourself for jumping to judgement about Delay's voters.

You should be ashamed of yourself for telling others to be ashamed.

Heck, I am turnin red just reading this:):)
Abraham Lincoln

allegations floated around the Keating 5 for quite a while and through many elections.

Glenn was reelected in 1992. McCain has ben reelected several times and is a major contender for President. Cranston likely would have been reelected had he not stepped down due to cancer. DeConcini did retire as a result, only to be named by Clinton to the Board of Directors of the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (talk about a bad joke).

Where else in the world would a suspected felon be voted into power?

The 1996 presidential election comes to mind.... ;)

Oh wait, I'm sorry... I thought you said convicted felon....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Thats it. I am moving to sweden. The chicks are hotter there anyway. :D

I'm in Delay's district -- does that give me the right to talk about it?

I didn't vote though; I'm saving myself for the ability to sign the gubernatorial petition of either Carole Keaton Strayhorn (I think it's Strayhorn now) or Kinky Friedman. Had I voted, I would have voted in the Republican primary this year just to vote against Delay. But I would have before the indictments, too.

He's all about using the power to overpower. There is no thought there of listening to other points of view, compromise, or working with people. As long as he's stronger, he'd rather force you to do what his party wants.

And that's not how I want a government to run. None of them is wonderful, but I'd have to say he pretty much exemplifies what I dislike about the power structure in Congress and government in general right now.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

> You voted for Delay?

You must be a true red Republican.
Trivial issues like ethics and corruption mean nothing to you. Those issues are for the little people.
Real Republicans would never find anything shameful about such trivial issues.
Unless it involves a Democrat. Then ethics and corruption become important issues.

Well, you must believe he is guilty of a crime. I did not buy into charges that were shopped around in Travis County 4 times looking for a Grand Jury that would bring charges, any charges.

Also he has his day in court, and if successful will return to the U.S. House to countinue were he left off. When the major network news channels joined in for the kill spoke volumns to the very conservitive votes here in his district.