Shotgun

OK, I have decided to become a Christian...

This is the sort of statement that tends to get your religion labeled as arrogant.

Because you're all closed minded. When we christians mean lost it means that they need to be found and saved by Jesus. It doesn't mean that they're hopeless lost cases. It's what categorizes people as saved and lost. Lost is as in "lost sheep". Jesus loves to find lost sheep and find them again. I don't even know why I'm explaining this to you. You have more experience being a christian than I do. :S

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

When we christians mean lost it means that they need to be found and saved by Jesus.

I find the fact that any religion believes that I need to be found arrogant.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

They're not wrong, they're just lost and all we can do is pray for them.

Nice attitude. Has Christianity brainwashed you so completely to believe that no one can live a life style other than the one you live?

Fuck "lost", I'm pretty sure I and many that disagree with you are more "found" than the rest of the planet's population.

By me.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Stop reading it at face value. Lost in biblical terms = lost sheep. We are all Jesus' sheep. Some tend to lose their way and become found again. It's an analogy for crying out loud. :S:S:S

You've got to read previous posts before you reply guy.

edit: how is that even an attitude? Ask yourself that question again. I merely said we pray for those that are lost. In biblical terms lost = lost sheep. Sheep = us. Jesus is the shepard. He loves to find lost sheep.

You know the song amazing grace?

"I was lost, now I am found". You people need to toughen up and stop being so sensitive. You wouldn't survive a day in NY with an attitude like this. Stop reading lost at face value.

>They're not wrong, they're just lost . . .

This reminds me of the comment "There's nothing wrong with Christianity, as long as you believe in the tooth fairy too." Not all beliefs are the same, and not all who question are lost. Indeed, people who ask questions tend to learn more in the long run than people who preach.

I have no hatred towards anyone. What sort of persicution complex leads you to believe that? I distrust any church or religion that claims it is the "only" religion. That in it's self is thought control.

Stop reading it at face value. Lost in biblical terms = lost sheep. We are all Jesus' sheep. Some tend to lose their way and become found again. It's an analogy for crying out loud. :S:S:S

But see that's the thing ... I am not one of Jesus' sheep.

>Clearly you have hatred toward Christians . . .

Different people learn different things here in Speaker's Corner. I fear you may be learning the same tricks that you despise when they are used against you.

To make that more clear - Diablopilot can now answer "it's too bad you hate non-christians so much" and be just as justified in his reply. Is that really the level you want to post at? Is that how you want to represent your religion - and more importantly, yourself?

People sometimes get too much into 'winning' arguments - getting that good slam in. (I've been guilty of the same thing on occasion.) It does not make this forum a better place.

Maybe it's because I've read the bible cover to cover multiple times and didn't come to the same conclusion as you?

I had no idea. Well, then you should know what I mean when I said "lost". Why did you take it so personally?

I'm not a qualified pastor to argue your point, you've read the bible from cover to cover multiple times and you still don't believe, so I don't know what to say. If you don't read the bible with an open heart, then you can't accept what is God's word. That's all I can say about it.

The attitude is you assuming I'm "lost".

What's next? Assuming a black kid is poor and deprived and headed for a life of crime because he's dressed in hip hop gear and roaming a NYC block with his friends?

You just sugested a few posts ago that I not assume things about all Christians. Try living your word.

I ain't lost.

But see that's the thing ... I am not one of Jesus' sheep.

Fine, you're not Jesus' sheep. Just leave it as that.

However, Jesus believes that everyone of us is his sheep. It's a free world, maam. You're entitled to believe what you want. I wouldn't force you to believe that you're a sheep.

I had no idea. Well, then you should know what I mean when I said "lost". Why did you take it so personally?

The same reason I'd take it personaly if you called me a bastard. I'm not.

You wouldn't survive a day in NY with an attitude like this.

Lived in NYC for 6 months once. Fun place.

Stop reading lost at face value.

Stop saying it. Think what you want, but don't be surprised when I react when you voice your thoughts.

I have no hatred towards anyone. What sort of persicution complex leads you to believe that? I distrust any church or religion that claims it is the "only" religion. That in it's self is thought control.

Well, I am sorry if that post offends you, you just came across that way.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

The attitude is you assuming I'm "lost".

Ay dios mio. If you're not going to read previous posts, then just drop it guy.

What's next? Assuming a black kid is poor and deprived and headed for a life of crime because he's dressed in hip hop gear and roaming a NYC block with his friends?

That's called racial profiling sir. We have more black hip hop people in NY than you can even imagine. I attend a church that has 95% blacks in it. A majority of the young adults there dress very hip-hop. Hip hop is a lifestyle of music and clothing. It has no bearing on living a criminal lifestyle or even leading to it.

Dude, you can assume all you want. It's your choice. What I meant, if you read my post was to not generalize one christian's beliefs as all christian's beliefs. If you want to do that, then by all means. Do it. If you don't want to do it, then by all means, don't do it. It's your world man. Don't get so bent out of shape about it. It's a free world!

edit: to my christian brothers and sisters, please don't take this personally. I'm not saying that you're wrong. I'm just saying that we need to be more open and understanding of others and believe that there are good people out there in the world that are not saved. They're not wrong, they're just lost and all we can do is pray for them.

If only finally someone of the blessed out there could give me a proper explanation about what it means to be "... not saved...", to be "...just lost...". What the hell does that mean for a simple mind like me?

I never asked anyone "...to pray for..." me. I feel loved and safe in this world w/o blowing my beliefs around me :) and into the ears of other ppl. And I truly doubt my life would be any better only b/c of "... all we can do is pray for them...." :S.

Question @ Windcatcher: How, in detail, did Christianity "set you free from sin" ?? You woke up one morning and felt "free"??

Reading such posts is as serious to me as reading a comic. Superficial, childish bla bla.

As I am a good Christian and grew up with this belief, I shall forgive all of you and keep you in my heart :P. No prayers.

:):|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

The same reason I'd take it personaly if you called me a bastard. I'm not.

Why did you just call yourself a bastard?

Lived in NYC for 6 months once. Fun place.

Cool man. Next time you're in town, we'll hang. I'll drive you up to X-keys too.

Stop saying it. Think what you want, but don't be surprised when I react when you voice your thoughts

Dude, it's not profanity. You read the bible. You know what they mean when they say lost. It's not a bad word. It's not a degrading word. If it bothers you that much, I won't say it anymore. How does misdirected sound? lol j/k.

As usually Christianity promotes close-mindedness, thought control, and encourages bigotry, all while claiming it doesn't.

so does political parties, so does certain scientific groups, so do social groups

guess they are all people too

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants