Shotgun

OK, I have decided to become a Christian...

So let me get this straight, god sends non-believers to hell, right?

That's a negative. Pajarito is more qualified to answer this question for you.

LOL...I don't think there's anyone posting to this forum who is qualified to answer that question.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

LOL...I don't think there's anyone posting to this forum who is qualified to answer that question.

Yikes! If that's what you think, you're entitled to it. I know RevJim is definitely qualified to answer that question. So there! :P

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

Umm, SuperKat, I don't think RevJim is an actual reverend--I think he just got the title to perform weddings?
I could be wrong

You're absolutely right. He is a reverend. Which is why I said he's a qualified poster than can strongly debate for Chrisitianity.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

You're absolutely right. He is a reverend. Which is why I said he's a qualified poster than can strongly debate for Chrisitianity.

Oh, I think there are lots of people who can debate about Christianity...obviously. I just don't think anybody knows the answer to whether non-believers are going to hell when they die. Sorry...people have been thinking on those questions for just about ever. Nobody knows. There are plenty who think they know and want to give you a definitive answer, but then for every one with this answer, there's one with that answer.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Umm, SuperKat, I don't think RevJim is an actual reverend--I think he just got the title to perform weddings?
I could be wrong

The problem with that goes back to being judgemental. I can, and will debate Christianity in person. Attempting to debate in a forum such as this is much akin to wrestling with a pig...

Thanks Remster for pointing this out, as I make it a point to never come to SC. I've read much of this thread, and believe I will now head back to the Bonfire before my head explodes. :S
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

God sees your heart and he is the only one who can change it

Unless they are infants who haven't been baptized yet. Then they just go to purgatory.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

No one will go to hell because they haven’t heard of Jesus Christ. The heathen will go to hell for murder, rape, adultery, lust, theft, lying, etc. Sin is not failing to hear the gospel. Rather, "sin is the transgression of the Law" (1 John 3:4). If we really care about the lost, we will become missionaries and take the good news of God’s forgiveness in Christ to them. See John 16:9 footnote.

www.wayofthemaster.com Tools - 100 Questions & Objections

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
Romans 2:12-16

You & I, however, will be judged “under the law” because we have heard and are aware of it. You won’t perish apart from the law because your knowledge has made you accountable.

Unless they are infants who haven't been baptized yet. Then they just go to purgatory.

Problems with the idea of purgatory:

- It is not explicitly found in the Bible.
- It implies that the righteousness of Christ does not cleanse from all sin.
- It implies that justification is not by faith alone.
- It implies that there is something we must do in order to be cleansed of sin.

Its support comes from extra-Biblical teachings such as the Church Fathers and the Apocrypha.

Also, baptism is an outward sign of an inward process of change. It should be done. However, Baptism in and of itself, is not the basis for salvation. Faith in Jesus and repentance of sin is.

You're absolutely right. He is a reverend.

Well, now, with all respect to RevJim, he is not a reverend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverend

I wonder how it is we (English speakers) mock foreigners and immigrants for their peculiarities of language when we don't even know how to use our own correctly.

And now, back to the thread...

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb