sarge

I am not reading 179 pages of, "I am a Christian... and proud of it," please summarize

Excuse me, but I have read, "War and Peace" just to say I did finish it. I could summarize the book in two or three pages, could someone please spare me the agony and summarize this thread...? If its possible.

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

>could someone please spare me the agony and summarize this thread...?

1. I am proud to be a christian

2. Christians are persecuted in the US

3. No they're not

4. Evolution is how we came to be

5. No it isn't

6. Pie is good with ice cream

3. No they're not

5. No it isn't

I agree wholeheartedly with and will vigorously defend #6.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Ok then, I'm satisfied, thank you for your compassion in sparing me from another compulsive agony. Can we just create a link from that thread to this for future potential victims that tells them:

WARNING: Hey! wearing a foil hat will not get you any more sex than what you were preordained to receive when you were conceived by intelligent design or freak accident. Futhermore, if you feel like a victim you probably are; deal with it. and after you finish blaming everyone else for your problems make sure you have ice cream with your pie...it tastes better!

Does that about sum it up?

--

3. No they're not

5. No it isn't

LOL Good one
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

>1. I am proud to be a christian
3. No they're not
5. No it isn't

This is nuts, there nothing here about the main topics - Arbitrary numbers and the Anti/Semi/Quasi Christ designations

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Summary: Some people are Christians and some are not. And some people like foil hats, or something like that... That's about it, really...

The foil keeps the "voices" out! and I don't even want too start on the transmissions i get from my fillings!;)
leave your religion @ home
Darwin's Watching!

Excuse me, but I have read, "War and Peace" just to say I did finish it. I could summarize the book in two or three pages, could someone please spare me the agony and summarize this thread...? If its possible.

You are a wise man.

For me, most of it boiled down to the argument about the nature of FAITH; that is, is it simplistic, or is it based on evidence? We never did reach a point of agreement. Other than that, in my estimation, Billvon summed it up pretty nicely.

Actually, the only concept we really agreed about was what a great thread it was. I'm not sure if it will live in infamy, or be extolled. Kept us busy at any rate...
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

>1. I am proud to be a christian
3. No they're not
5. No it isn't

This is nuts, there nothing here about the main topics - Arbitrary numbers and the Anti/Semi/Quasi Christ designations

Well, at least SOMEONE metioned the important things. :|
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

it doesn't matter what name you want to attach to any brand of religion in the world for the last two millenia, they are all about division, control, and money in spite of their claims of each being the one true religion.
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

wishers never choose, choosers never wish

it doesn't matter what name you want to attach to any brand of religion in the world for the last two millenia, they are all about division, control, and money in spite of their claims of each being the one true religion.

sure, the control structures become that way because that's how people are. Same with politics, same with LARGE businesses, etc, why should religion be any different. But there are always individuals in each of those orgs and at all levels that do have good intentions

so it's easy to bash the 'general' concept of the organizations (I do it repeatedly), but in the end, you have to take the individuals one at a time and give them the benefit of the doubt. As any of us would expect the same.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Y'know, I got to thinking about this.

We had to read the whole damn thing...why should you be exempt? :S

I'll expect a full-length book thread report tomorrow morning or no brimstone for you. :|

:D
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

You know what, I wholeheartedly agree, I almost feel ashamed for imposing such a question.

It not the destination, its the journey...

Please excuse my insolence. I am determined to pile through the thread, I will provide my summary as pennance. I hope you will also grant me your review of my report critical but fair consideration.

deal?

--

You know what, I wholeheartedly agree, I almost feel ashamed for imposing such a question.

It not the destination, its the journey...

Please excuse my insolence. I am determined to pile through the thread, I will provide my summary as pennance. I hope you will also grant me your review of my report critical but fair consideration.

deal?

We will see you in a 100 days. There are ALOT of links that you will have to read to make sense of everything.

A 9 page synopsis will do just fine after you are done.

:ph34r:
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.