Andy9o8

2 Ejected from State of the Union for wearing "message" T-shirts

. . . i know she is not actually a spokesperson for the left.

Oh, don't back down now dude, Cindy Sheehan IS most certainly a spokesperson for the left, if only because masses of people simply percieve her as such.

Sheehan, added in with a large number of other far-left whackjobs, none of whom individually "speak for" the Democrats, all add up to continued success for the political right.

. . =(_8^(1)

i love how the argument against the "disruption" has changed into the traditional argument against sheehan. btw, "violate the decorum of the event", check again my friend no "violation" ever occurred (so sayeth the chief of the capitol police, or perhaps you disagree??)

so, did you all just give up on your position that the t-shirts were disruptive? or is it just easier to do the targeted attack on a lady so controversial she has a book of 'talking points' from either side of the aisle. if so, i'd like to threadjack and turn the attn to good ol' pat robertson. i know he speaks for all conservatives...did i ever tell you how much i hate pat robertson. i mean damn, if that guy isn't an idiot...bla bla bla bla....

oh, and but but clinton...but but clinton...but but clinton... (there, got that out of the way for you)
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

i do disagree with her, but she doesn't piss me off. i used to feel sorry for her and her loss, but she rode that one too far. if she is still acting out because of greif, then its time she get in touch with a grief counsilor. while i don't believe she is the embodiment of eveil, i do think she is an asshole. she's not so much an asshole for her political views as she is an asshole for abandoning her husband and three other children. her crusade has destroyed her family.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

The only people I know who really think Cindy Sheehan speaks for the left in general are on the right. Hard right.

Does she speak for some parents who have lost children in combat? Probably. Does she speak for some anti-war people? Probably. But haven't heard anyone claim that.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

truth be told, pat robertson is far worse that sheehan. he actually has a large following and lots of people give him money. he is a religous zealot plain and simple. he has called for assasinations. fortunately his followers don't have enough battery power in their hoverounds to follow out his wishes. cindy sheehan on the other hand is just fun to make fun of, kinda like anna nicole smith. train wreck.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

cindy sheehan on the other hand is just fun to make fun of, kinda like anna nicole smith

OK, now that was funny :ph34r:

I feel sorry for her, but dang she's gone over the edge. And I hope I never ever have to feel her pain at losing a child.

Or Anna Nicole's a losing a multi-millionaire husband :)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

haha, i can most certainly 'get down' with that. it's honest, and right to the point.

blues!

btw, the hoverounds comment = coffee on my monitor...

The only people I know who really think Cindy Sheehan speaks for the left in general are on the right. Hard right.

I've heard several democratic legislators and plenty of other left-leaning figures stand behind Cindy Sheehan's actions, or at the very least fail to criticize them.

So she doesn't represent you -- but how about the people you're going to vote for in November?

. . =(_8^(1)

don't make me pull out the pat robertson...

or the ann coulter...

when was the last time, oh nevermind, it isn't worth it. go on, please sir, tell me how ms sheehan hurt you...

don't make me pull out the pat robertson... or the ann coulter...

The difference is, Pat R. and Ann C. aren't openly supporting the opposition. To me, that means they aren't personally getting any troops killed.

. . . please sir, tell me how ms sheehan hurt you...

We're not talking about me, we're talking about the people Sheehan has hurt -- soldiers in the middle east.

. . =(_8^(1)

WHEN IF EVER DOES SHE HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE A DEAD SOLDIERS NAME WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF THEIR LIVING LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES?

What statute prevents it? Was express written consent of living legal representatives required to put every name on the Vietnam Memorial?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So young, so angry.

damn that rap music.

You're right, I'm VERY angry at that shit they call rap music. I fuckin' hate it, and hearing it makes my blood boil. >:(

Or did you think I LISTENED to it and it made me an angry person? :S

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I'd like to see the SOTU Speech become less of a media production. Why can't there be just one camera, aimed at the President instead of multiple cameras zooming in on people reactions? I think this would eliminate the value of any protests and would enable us to just focus on what the President is saying.

I'd like to see the SOTU Speech become less of a media production. Why can't there be just one camera, aimed at the President instead of multiple cameras zooming in on people reactions? I think this would eliminate the value of any protests and would enable us to just focus on what the President is saying.

That's a wonderful idea.

Wendy W.

That's a wonderful idea.

Wendy W.

Yes it is, which is why it will never happen.

Not totally sure if this has been posted but I don't think it has. The reason that the two women were removed had little to do with the actual event but more to do with SOP of the Capitol. You are not to wear any thing in the Capitol at any time that states an opinion like that, it is much like campaigning near a polling station. The building is a place where people vote and that could effect peoples decision.
As for Sheehan, I never at anytime felt sorry for her. She is classless, and is not trying to pull people out of Iraq. She is a trouble maker, and she is not stable. Her own family won't even talk to her at this point. She is a political extremeest. I agree that she needs to be left alone, but it is the people on the left that keep allowing her to get into the news. Such as the two Representatives that tried to "smuggle" her into the State of the Union Address. It seems to me that something should be done to those people, they should be punished in someway, this is not a Right to Free Speech issue, but a decorum issue. The State of the Union is a time for the President to make his case, it is not a time for the Representatives to try to make a statement by sneaking people into the speech that will surely disrupt it.
Thats my 2 cents.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

I'd like to see the SOTU Speech become less of a media production. Why can't there be just one camera, aimed at the President instead of multiple cameras zooming in on people reactions?

I kind of liked seeing certain reactions. Especially when all the democrats stood up and cheered when the President mentioned the failure of social security reform, which could lead to it's bankruptcy.

It's important for America to see that Democrats applaud failure.

I'd like to see the SOTU Speech become less of a media production. Why can't there be just one camera, aimed at the President instead of multiple cameras zooming in on people reactions?

I kind of liked seeing certain reactions. Especially when all the democrats stood up and cheered when the President mentioned the failure of social security reform, which could lead to it's bankruptcy.

Social Security hasn't failed. Bush has.

I think the Dems cheered the failure of a seriously flawed plan, which Bush has NOT been able to sell to the Congress or the American people and for very good reason.

I think the Dems cheered the failure of a seriously flawed plan, which Bush has NOT been able to sell to the Congress or the American people and for very good reason.

Social Security is one of those issues which, for better or worse, I have largely ignored since I am not (now) one of those affected by it. (I know, there's a fallacy in that thinking. Different topic.)

But as long as I have been basically bored by the S.S. debate and ignoring it, I can still remember having heard for the last several decades that the program was in trouble and insolvency was seen as being not far down the road.

Don't pretend it's BUSH'S fault that S.S. is in trouble.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Social Security is one of those issues which, for better or worse, I have largely ignored since I am not (now) one of those affected by it. (I know, there's a fallacy in that thinking. Different topic.)

But as long as I have been basically bored by the S.S. debate and ignoring it, I can still remember having heard for the last several decades that the program was in trouble and insolvency was seen as being not far down the road.

Don't pretend it's BUSH'S fault that S.S. is in trouble.

-

I wrote that SS hasn't failed while Bush's plan has. And that is the truth.

The push to get the plan in place failed.
Not so much the plan.
Since the plan isn't in place we can not say for certain it would have failed. (chances are not in its favor, but I think it has a LOT to do with party politics too!)
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!