Andy9o8

2 Ejected from State of the Union for wearing "message" T-shirts

Who is letting who now be their spokeswoman?

You just made some HUGE generalizations.

Just because liberals may not believe in the war and believe in Sheehan's right to say what she wants REALLY does not make her a spokeswoman.

And just because Michael Moore loves her does not mean all liberals do.

And I assume by liberal, you mean Democrat, correct?

Glad I am not one of THOSE liberals. :ph34r:
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

The rules are the rules. No first amendment issues here.........

There were people removed durning the Clinton term too. Nothing different except who is complaining about it......:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Personally, I do think a T-shirt is really tacky at the State of the Union address or any other event like that. Particularly one designed to draw attention.

However, until I'm queen, that won't matter to anyone but me, will it.

Wendy W.

You should be Queen of Texas.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"However, until I'm queen, that won't matter to anyone but me, will it. "

Yes, yes, when you assume your rightful place on the throne of Texas, you could have people's heads lopped off for wearing tacky tee shirts.
Gets my vote.;)
Texas needs a Queen.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

seriously dude, why do you liberals continue to let that idiot woman continue to be your spokesperson? she isn't doing you any favors. are you guys so blinded by your bush hatred that you can't see that the only thing she has established is that you still have the right to be a moron? she is such an idiot that anyone who attaches themself to her or supports her is an idiot by proxy. you are not an idiot, please step away from the sheehan.

You are seriously confused about the difference between exercising free expression, support for someone who is wrongfully arrested, and having someone as a spokesperson.

Or is it simply that you just don't care about the wrongful arrest of people whose opinions differ from yours?

Coming from you (with your stated disdain for Texans), I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Coming from you (with your stated disdain for Texans), I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult.

Wendy W.

I like Texans, most are fun to be with. My first secretary was a Texan.

There are exceptions, like the one in the White House, though.

In another post, you very effectively showed why people can't be categorized based on a single belief.

Then you post "you liberals" in here :o:ph34r:

Cindy Sheehan is irrationally angry on that one topic, and she doesn't represent me. And the Congressman's wife was also trying to make a political point. Neither represents me, and I'm pretty doggone liberal.

Just because something quacks doens't make it a duck (sorry "quacks like a duck" folks). There are people, parrots, mockingbirds, and recordings. Probably other stuff too.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

you must've missed the part where it was pointed out:

"Rules dealing mainly with what people can bring and telling them to refrain from reading, writing, smoking, eating, drinking, applauding or taking photographs are outlined on the back of gallery passes given to tourists every day...However, State of the Union guests don't receive any guidelines"

Ya probably also missed this part:

"The officers made a good faith, but mistaken effort to enforce an old unwritten interpretation of the prohibitions about demonstrating in the Capitol,"

so, what "rules" are you talking about?

but but Clinton...but but Clinton...but but Clinton...
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

that post was supposed to be a little good-natured ribbing. i apologize that it did not come across that way. in all seriousness i know that she doesn't speak for the left. i am a little surprized that people on the left tend not to admit that she's a clown though. by liberal, i don't mean democrat. i've known plenty of democrats who are conservative. there are also plenty of liberals who are independant. i've even been accused of being a liberal republican.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

the intent of that post was more to bust your balls than anything else. i'll admit that there is truth about my opinion of cindy sheehan, i know she is not actually a spokesperson for the left. i do not want to take away her right to free speech, but come on, she is a train wreck. i also do not want to see people wrongfully arrested just because their opinions differ from mine. i would hate to see you arrested for your opinions and i dissagree with you more than anybody on this forum or even in real life. i would still make a skydive and drink a few beer with you. on the other hand, i think its funny when bad things happen to cindy sheehan. this is a character flaw in me, but i'm willing to admit it. once again, i'm sorry that my original post came off the wrong way.

www.kjandmegan.com

In another post, you very effectively showed why people can't be categorized based on a single belief.

Then you post "you liberals" in here :o:ph34r:

you are absolutely correct, that post was made in jest because sometimes i like to break kallend's balls.

www.kjandmegan.com

OK, It has still been stated (and I just heard it on the news less than 10 minutes ago that they should have allowed her to cover the t-shirt up. So, if she didn't she would have been removed. Also, a congress members wife was wearing a pro war t-shirt and she was removed too! So there must be some kind of rule. As for your reply about Clinton (and you must have missed it) my comment was not about Clinton but about what happened during his SOTU speach. Point being, nobody is bitching "free speech" in relationship to the senators wife or when it happened when someone other than when Bush was in office.

Happy?:S

but but Bush ,but Bush ....brother.........
Abraham Lincoln

No, there WAS some kind of rule. Too bad no one gave the cops the new rule book. :S

Could you post a link of who was ejected during a Clinton SOTU? I would like to see the reason why they were ejected as comparison.

Oh, I don't really care about the free speech aspect. Just interested in the way it was handled.

No, there WAS some kind of rule. Too bad no one gave the cops the new rule book. :S

Could you post a link of who was ejected during a Clinton SOTU? I would like to see the reason why they were ejected as comparison.

Oh, I don't really care about the free speech aspect. Just interested in the way it was handled.

I will find it again and post it.......
Abraham Lincoln

on the other hand, i think its funny when bad things happen to cindy sheehan. this is a character flaw in me, but i'm willing to admit it.

It's probably human nature to be a little glad when something bad happens to someone with whom you so strongly disagree that they really, really seriously piss you off. I admit I'm guilty of that sometimes. But I respectfully urge you to make an exception for Mrs. Sheehan. A bad thing has already happened to her, the worst thing that can happen to most people, which is the death of a child. Yes, she has no greater claim to her grief than any other Gold Star parent, but her claim is also no less valid, despite how she's acting it out. I think if I ever lost one of my kids, especially suddenly, I might not behave completely rationally if I had myself convinced that the death was avoidable, and so my grief-coping mechanism was to embark on a holy crusade to prevent it from happening to other parents' kids (which is what I think it is to her). I realize that some people will feel she deserves to be disagreed with and disapproved of. But I think it's wrong for people to demonize her the way some are doing as if she's the embodiment of evil. She's not an asshole; she's a grieving mother.

Make sure to check Newsmax;)

Make sure to check Newsmax;)

Went there first!!:D
Abraham Lincoln

Cindy Sheehan has changed her story a bit, first she was on tv saying I had a banner and maybe it wasnt such a good idea. Now the story is all she did was take off her coat because she was warm from climbing the stairs. Well folks it's heated inside the Capitol, do you think there might be a chance that she might have had another shirt that she could wear that would not violate the decorum of the event just in case she decided not to wear a winter coat inside for over 2 hrs?....I am trying to be objective but she has been known to lie her ass off.

My case in point is when she was putting all those little flags out in the ditch down in Crawford Texas she was on TV saying that she had the support of all these families which have lost their loved ones.
When families from 2 nearby Army bases were notified that their lost loved ones names were on those flags placed in the ditch they drove out there and removed them after trying to ask her to explain just whom had given permission. Cindy Sheehan and her supporters called the police to stop the military families from removing these flags from the ditch ( which by the way is a public right of way and nobody has a legal right to place anything in the right of way ) eventually the flags were removed and after the families left Ms. Sheehan and her supporters replaced the flags in question.

WHEN IF EVER DOES SHE HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE A DEAD SOLDIERS NAME WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF THEIR LIVING LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES?

I respect her right to run her mouth, however as in a court case if a person has been found to be lying then all other testimony is to be given the same weight.

They will never bring an adequate alternative but blind hatred for GWB. He is not the smartest person, and a dunce every now and then, but gee, this Cindy, well check this out!. I think she is going nuts at this point, or why else would she aligned herself with someone like Chavez?.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

HOLY SHIT SHE IS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT!!!

BTW does anyone here realize that her entire protest is over her son whom she never raised and did not share her values or opinions?...

Ms. Sheehan was a non-custodial parent and that seems a bit strange since that was around 30? years ago? I may be wrong but back then you had to be mentally unsound to have a Mother not get the custody of her child in a divorce.

The bad thing is her Son was a Marine and proud of his chosen profession and she had disowned him for it.

I saw the article on fox news, the O'Reilly factor( interview with sheehans former husband the father of her son) and later on on cnn

Sheehan is an idiot who could be going about this in a more useful way, but that "not raising her son" thing is a rumor:

From wikipedia:

False rumors

One false rumor spread on the internet claimed that Sheehan did not raise her son, Casey. The rumor possibly came about due to a confusion with Dolores Kesterson, the biological mother of Erik Kesterson, another soldier who died in the War in Iraq, and was not raised by his mother. [208]

and

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/cindy_sheehan.htm

and

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/sheehan.asp

I do not claim to know where or not she raised her son or not. But I do not trust wkikpedia too much anymore .......
Abraham Lincoln

I do not claim to know where or not she raised her son or not. But I do not trust wkikpedia too much anymore .......

Me neither and that is why I put more than one source. Try the other two. Snopes and truthorfiction are usually pretty good.

Particularly the LAST paragraph about the O'reilly show on snopes.