Is OJ guilty?

The mistake in the Blake case is that they tried him for pulling the trigger but had no weapon or forensic evidence to support that. (Didn't an expert testify that the gun powder residue on Blake was consistent with handling but not firing a gun?) I highly doubt he actually shot her, but I think its very likely that he set it up and hired someone else to do it. Again, poor police work!

It was an excellent alibi because it explained the powder residue and it was not the murder weapon. He left his wife alone in the car on a dark deserted street while he went back to the restaurant to get his gun. Leave it to Baretta to come up with something like that!

There were several DNA tests showing the odds ranging from millions to tens of millions, and one showing 1 chance in 58 billion! That's 9 times the present population! I'd have an easier time believing Arturo from a planet orbiting Betelgeuse planted the seeds of life on earth than OJ being innocent.

Add to that the jury was practically illiterate and Clark and Darden woefully incompetent and you get the most unbelievable verdict in history.

All the DNA tests in the world don't mean anything if the police could not account for the location, security and integrity of the evidence they collected at all times. And from what I remember of the OJ trial, "chain of evidence" (I think that what its called) was one of the big issues. The DNA evidence was tainted. Sloppy police procedures made "reasonable doubt" a whole lot easier to establish.

Yup, that's all it takes, reasonable doubt. I admit, after it was shown how the evidence was collected and stored, I had reasonable doubt. Does that mean I don't think OJ did it? Hell no, but I have just a slight doubt that maybe he didn't. All it takes is one on the jury to allow him to go.

BTW, didn't they say OJ was "not quilty"? They never said "innocent". IMO those are have two different meanings.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

There were several DNA tests showing the odds ranging from millions to tens of millions, and one showing 1 chance in 58 billion! That's 9 times the present population! I'd have an easier time believing Arturo from a planet orbiting Betelgeuse planted the seeds of life on earth than OJ being innocent.

Add to that the jury was practically illiterate and Clark and Darden woefully incompetent and you get the most unbelievable verdict in history.

You just don't get it, do you? It was a fourteen game season! :|

Of course he's fucking guilty. Just because the LAPD fucked up and put a perjuring detective on the stand doesn't negate the mountain of forensic evidence they had. They just fucked up, something they do nearly all the time. Just most people don't have decent lawyers because they can't afford them.

OJ was found liable for the wrongful death of his wife and her boyfriend (the civil jury found his story altogether "lie-able"). But he's skiopped out on the judgement by moving to Florida, where to this day he's searching the golf courses for the "real killers".

I'm still hoping a gang of pissed off feminists butcher him with carving knives, the way he butchered two human beings. The pig deserves nothing less.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

What's the perception of OJ - that largely he killed them but got off?

Of course, he's innocent - he swore to find the real murderer of
Nicole and Ron and has been doing some admirable work since:

Thus far he has looked all the way to the bottom of 5426 Martini
glasses, 7154 jars of Haagen-Daz, and 4281 golf holes to find that
f***ing SOB, and he is not giving up.

Cheers, T

BTW: how do you largely kill someone? (with a really big knife?)

Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

Of course, he's innocent - he swore to find the real murderer of Nicole and Ron and has been doing some admirable work since:

Jay Leno: "Gas prices are so high, Robert Blake and OJ are forced to carpool in their search for the real killers.”

. . =(_8^(1)

Much like it was clear to most people in the rest of the world with an IQ over 80 that Iraq was not invaded because SH had WMD, it was also clear that OJ was guilty as sin.
It is very sad that a population which bleats adhearance to concepts like truth, justice and freedom so regularly sits on their arses whilst evil men rip all those ideals to shreds.

Of course he's fucking guilty. Just because the LAPD fucked up and put a perjuring detective on the stand doesn't negate the mountain of forensic evidence they had.

Actually, the fact that the police fucked up AND put a perjuring detective on the stand DOES negate the mountain of forensic evidence and that more than anything else is why he was acquitted. But of course, a public defender would not have been as successful at discrediting the police and their evidence as a team of high priced attorneys and forensic "experts". It sucks that a murderer went free, but the way the case was mishandled and the fact that it was allowed to happen due to LAPD incompetence is every bit as frightening, IMO. Seems like so many people want to blame race, the "ignorant" jury and OJ's money when the truth is, the LAPD was 100% to blame. And it sure doesn't seem like they've learned anything from it either because they botched the Blake case just as badly!