rhino

5$ a gallon coming in the next 2 weeks...

If some of the tankers and oil rigs don't fair well with Rita, I can see gas going up as high as $5. I don't need a link to figure that out.

BTW, have you ever seen an oil company go broke?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

i know that atlanta got hosed last go-around but, here in dayton, gas barely hit $3 for about 3 days and now it's back to about $2.40. my point is that it wasn't nearly as bad as the excitable folks thought it was going to be.

what helps is if your county has a prosecutor that hammers gas gougers. :)
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

>I heard something about 8-10 vehicles from ford will be hybrids by 2010.

I can remember when Ford was saying that hybrids are impractial, and that they'd never sell. Now they are complaining that the Japanese are hogging all the hybrid components (primarily batteries.)

Ok I just want to say that it is because people spread rumors like this that we are forced to pay more at the pump. Everyone else panics because some smart ass (not you) says oo I hear we are runing out of gas.

Please for the love of god stop doing this.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Please for the love of god stop doing this.

Stop doing what?

Stop buying gas?

lol No just stop spreading rumors. it causes some, not all people to panic, and make a run on gas which raises the price. We saw almost 4$ a gallon here last time :)

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

>Ok I just want to say that it is because people spread rumors like this . . .

Rita could equal $5 gas
The timing and strength of the latest storm could cause worse spike at the pumps than Katrina did.

September 22, 2005: 10:50 AM EDT
By Chris Isidore, CNN/Money senior writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Remember when gas spiked to $3-plus a gallon after Hurricane Katrina? By this time next week, that could seem like the good old days.

Weather and energy experts say that as bad as Hurricane Katrina hit the nation's supply of gasoline, Hurricane Rita could be worse.

Katrina damage was focused on offshore oil platforms and ports. Now the greater risk is to oil-refinery capacity, especially if Rita slams into Houston, Galveston and Port Arthur, Texas.

"We could be looking at gasoline lines and $4 gas, maybe even $5 gas, if this thing does the worst it could do," said energy analyst Peter Beutel of Cameron Hanover. "This storm is in the wrong place. And it's absolutely at the wrong time," said Beutel.

>I heard something about 8-10 vehicles from ford will be hybrids by 2010.

I can remember when Ford was saying that hybrids are impractial, and that they'd never sell. Now they are complaining that the Japanese are hogging all the hybrid components (primarily batteries.)

LOL. I read that same article. American car company execs should be strung up for their lack of foresight. The Japanese really beat them on this one. It's going to take them at least a few years to be where the Japanese are today. Lexus already has a luxury hybrid SUV. I remember reading an article by a GM VP back in mid 2004 saying that hybrids make no sense with gas at around $2.00 a gallon. Wonder what he is saying now.

we are american and we can do whatever we want and the rest of the world will follow.

That's a pretty shitty comment. All Americans aren't necessarily that way.

No they are not. However, it seems to be a predominant attitude seen in the world.

When I was studying in England and travelling all over europe, I met plenty of Americans who complained NON STOP and LOUDLY about how everything in American was better and why couldn't they do things like the US.

Is that the main consensus of our country? I hope not. Are the people who travel like this? And are they obnoxious and loud about it? From what I saw, yes.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

>I met plenty of Americans who complained NON STOP and LOUDLY
>about how everything in American was better and why couldn't they
>do things like the US.

Yep. While I was biking through Europe, you could always find the americans in the campsites - they were trying to order in english and holding forth on all sorts of topics, primarily about how things were better in the US. Except in Holland, which has accommodations for bicycles that put any US city to shame. There they just complained about the immorality. We learned to try to find the local college students. They were a lot more interesting.

With my poor french and Heidi's slightly better spanish we didn't have much trouble anywhere we went (with the exception of Heidelburg, but that's another story.) In one store in northern france I bought some food; there was a lot of "cette fromage, quatre s'il vous plait" "eh? frowmaj?" but no problems. They were very helpful. Afterwards he asked me if I was from Ireland. "Non, les etats-unis," I said. "Les etats-unis?" he asked me, as if he had never seen an american speak french before.