Rudderow

Our Caring Leader, Chimpanzee-in-Chief

Here's something that would sway me, even if I didn't already hate our president and wish him harm every day.

http://www.boingboing.net/images/bushguitGREAT.jpg

"Two photos taken on the same day last week -- one of a grieving New Orleans survivor, the other of President Bush in flagrante photo opp in San Diego. Photoshopped together, they reveal what the horrific scene at the Superdome might have looked like had the president actually shown up there."

You would think that someone who "handled the disaster" of 9/11 so well would be able to parlay those exceptional team-building skills to other disasters, but I guess not. What would have happened if this same photo op were taken in the two days after 9/11? Especially considering this is the far greatest disaster in terms of sheer numbers of people affected, long-term damage to our infrastructure, and lack of avoidability?

God bless america, eh?

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

Just as a matter of curiosity, does it strike you as somewhat shameful that you wish harm on someone every day?[:/]

Edited to add - in fact, how can you just have your image plastered as so happy-go-lucky with your well-groomed hair and happy face with the oh-so-cute doggie while tens of thousands are starving. Let's photoshop your swet avatar in the picture you linked, and then we can call you despicable names for not taking this so seriously.

I'll even bet you've showered in the last week. You insensitive person, you.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

yes, because as we've covered at great length, the NO problem was caused by GWB. :S

you have obviously done your civics homework and have subsequently shared your unbiased and well-thought opinion. :D:S
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Photoshopped together, they reveal what the horrific scene at the Superdome might have looked like had the president actually shown up there.

Or maybe you could photoshop the 911 / NYC pic to show how much he would have "handled the disaster"...

What exactly are you trying to say with this post?

That a faked photograph makes you want to 'harm' the President of The United States?

Here's yer sign!:S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

yes, because as we've covered at great length, the NO problem was caused by GWB.

you have obviously done your civics homework and have subsequently shared your unbiased and well-thought opinion.

Great. More hysterical support for a President who acted in complete incompetence with respect for this disaster.

If you can't see the problem with the pres playing his guitar at a party while Americans are begging for help, then I must admit, I feel soory for you. Most reasonable people would be appalled.

I'm not bringing the blame issue up. I'm discussing simple decorum here. Is our president really carrying himself like a true leader in the midst of a crisis. I'd
argue "no". Politics and any inflammatory editorializing I may have made in my previous post aside, you can't refute the argument of "do you think this is an appropriate act for a leader" by impugning my lack of response or blaming the
"liberal media". I'm asking you: Do you honestly think our president is a good leader right now?

and yeah, the "wishing harm on him everyday" was a little drastic. i really don't.

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

Do you honestly think our president is a good leader right now?

Aren't you forgetting the Mayor and the Gov.
and...

I'm sure many thing should have been handled better, to blame ONE guy for the disaster is a bit
nearsighted.

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

I'm with you . . .

Everytime I see Marine One lift off, and in defference to my brother Marines on board who sign up to die for a good cause, I hope it slings a blade.

And, of course, that blade cuts Channey in two too . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

wow... Have you read any of the threads here before posting this? just wondering... All we need is *ANOTHER* thread to fight over what is already being said in 10 other threads.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

If you can't see the problem with the pres playing his guitar at a party while Americans are begging for help, then I must admit, I feel soory for you. Most reasonable people would be appalled.

So how many days must pass from any bad event in the country before the President can show anything other than sorrow on his face?

Come on. This picture is bullshit, meant for consumption by those who will never like the President no matter what he does.

yeah, i'm known to be hysterical --> :D:D

if you knew what you were talking about, you would realise that gov. blanco was the delay in the emergency respose chain. gwb suggested immediate action and she waited 24 hrs. besides, it was a state govt. problem to begin with; it didn't become a federal problem until after the fact when the feds did step in and regain order. wake up.

don't feel soory for me; feel sorry for me please. i am a reasonable person and i'm appalled at the lack of logic people use for everyday problem solving.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

yes, because as we've covered at great length, the NO problem was caused by GWB.

you have obviously done your civics homework and have subsequently shared your unbiased and well-thought opinion.

Great. More hysterical support for a President who acted in complete incompetence with respect for this disaster.

And you would have prefered that he did what? I'm sure that he wasnt "ignoring" the events, I'm sure that he had already been on the phone or whatever the hell it is he does with whoever it is he talks to. What do *YOU* think he should have done? Gotten on TV and said "hey, this is really bad" just incase we didnt get that memo yet?

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm with you . . .

Everytime I see Marine One lift off, and in defference to my brother Marines on board who sign up to die for a good cause, I hope it slings a blade.

And, of course, that blade cuts Channey in two too . . .

Cuz of course if it didn't, we'd go from the pan to the fire..

Nick, I like the way you think;)
illegible usually

I'm not appalled by him playing guitar at a party. I'm much more appalled at people's desire to use this situation as an opportunity to polarize us against one another. These kinds of criticisms are much more harmful than the president playing a guitar....

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Well, I guess President Bush could have stood around in the wind and rain along with those idiot reporters as the storm approached?!? Just what on earth do you people expect hime to do? The aftermath of Katrina was awful in New Orleans (and the rest of the region which is largely, being ignored by the media), but for crying out loud, it's not Bush's fault.

PS, that picture is extremely dumb:S:S:S

So how many days must pass from any bad event in the country before the President can show anything other than sorrow on his face?

He might make sure there has at least been a federal reponse before he goes to his parties. That picture (the one of the pres, , not the photoshopped one) was taken early last week, as I undertand, before FEMA was even acknowleging the extent of the situation.

i you knew what you were talking about, you would realise that gov. blanco was the delay in the emergency respose chain. gwb suggested immediate action and she waited 24 hrs. besides, it was a state govt. problem to begin with; it didn't become a federal problem until after the fact when the feds did step in and regain order. wake up.

How come MS received so little help when the residents there were begging for it? Was that the fault of NO mayor or LA's Governor?

After that initial 24 hour delay on Blanco's part, why was the federal response still delayed so long?

I am wide awake, TYVM. That's how I am able to see past the flaws in your argument.

One thing I'll hand to Tony Blair is he stands up in front of his people and takes the heat. He does it both in the House of Commons and in what we'd call town meetings.

You can't say that about the other guy, er chickenhawk, punk, deserter . . .

And you would have prefered that he did what? I'm sure that he wasnt "ignoring" the events, I'm sure that he had already been on the phone or whatever the hell it is he does with whoever it is he talks to. What do *YOU* think he should have done? Gotten on TV and said "hey, this is really bad" just incase we didnt get that memo yet?

His job.