EricTheRed

Your god can't help

The people praying had faith.

Faith and prayer does exhibit an effect similar to the placebo effect but praying for someone else is pointless.

BTW, no need to pray for me, save your prayers for yourself, as you are the only person that can possibly benifit from them.

As I said, god (doesn't matter which one) doesn't listen to you.
illegible usually

... Be happy, don't worry, stay in the inner tube, keep the cooler close by, and watch out for the rocks...

Now that, I've got no problem with.

Headed for the river as soon as I get out of here...

(trying not to work today, can you tell?)
illegible usually

Faith and prayer does exhibit an effect similar to the placebo effect but praying for someone else is pointless.

Opinions are like assholes. All of us have them and some stink more than others. ;)

I'll pray for you anyways.

God will not answer prayer unless the prayer is asked in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ.

God does not answer all prayers, but He surely does answer prayers.Absolutely.

God will also NOT answer prayers of people who ask something but are ignoring His commanments, and living willfully in a sinful manner.

You cannot have it both ways. Either you follow Satan, and your prayers are not worth the time it took to make them,........ or you follow Christ, and your prayers ARE heard, and answered according to God's infinite goodness, as to what He knows is best for you and the situation. His wisdom and understanding are soooooo far above ours, He does always what He knows is in our best interests.

Most people use God like a spare tire....only when they have a big problem, and once the problem is over, they toss God aside for the things of the world...until the next problem, then they haul their version of God down off the shelf, and try to get His support and co-operation for the problem at hand.

SORRY...but it won't work that way. Not ever.

And ......God cares about everyone. They don't care for Him, because to follow Him, they would have to change their sinful lifestyle...and they aren't willing to do that.

religion=a belief for people to either blame something on or take the credit for.. Religion is false hope.

Religion is the consequence of fear of death. Can't put it any more simply than that.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I think a guy named Jesus did exist, and there were some extraordinary things happening.

I also think it is not possible to explain some supernatural phenomena, such as psychics that have helped police, and near death experiences that are so similar and what they experience that cannot be explained. I don't think religions have the afterlife figured out, but I am convinced there is a lot more than you figure.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Jesus is a name...not a noun. He is also the Son of God, another of His names.

Too bad you don't really know what you are talking about.

Too bad you don't know Him like I do.....and that is a fact.

Bill, help me out there - how can you be sure that Jesus is God's son??? The bible itself is no proof to me.

What do you know about Jesus - and what do I have to understand with "another of His names"?

I do not trust in blind beliefs.

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Bill, help me out there - how can you be sure that Jesus is God's son???

Because of how he came, who he said he was, what he said would happen, and consequently what took place. Defeating death is a convincing argument.

The bible itself is no proof to me.

Why not? In order to be fair, you’ve got to judge the Bible in the same manner as any other ancient work. The mistakes that have crept into the text over the years do absolutely nothing to discredit the core teachings of who Jesus said he was and what he did. There is no logical evidence to show discredit among the authors who claimed to be eye-witnesses to what happened and demonstrated their belief by becoming martyrs. I don’t know anyone who would die in the manner they did if they knew what they were dying for wasn’t 100% true. It’s compelling and worth detailed examination. Especially considering its implications on you, me, and everyone else.

I do not trust in blind beliefs.

Your statement above is a very handy and overused phrase amongst nonbelievers. To trust “blindly” would be to trust without evidence. This is not the case.

Your statement above is a very handy and overused phrase amongst nonbelievers. To trust “blindly” would be to trust without evidence. This is not the case.

Would you explain this to me? I am a non-believer, my dead husband was catholic and strongly believing in his church. That did not save his life, he died several years ago.

There is no god to help us, we have to take our life in our own hands. That's what I'm doing. I do believe in my own power.

Where is it written: Help yourself, and Gold will help you?
You should know.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Would you explain this to me? I am a non-believer, my dead husband was catholic and strongly believing in his church. That did not save his life, he died several years ago.

Being “Catholic” and “believing in a church” isn’t really what’s important. If your husband sincerely believed in Jesus, then his life was saved. It hurts and we are angered because our loved ones are no longer physically with us, however, there is a purpose in everything. I am sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine something like that happening to me.

There is no god to help us, we have to take our life in our own hands. That's what I'm doing. I do believe in my own power.

We are all one step away from death at any moment. Taking my life into “my own hands” or relying on “my own power” will not change that. Thankfully, there is an alternative.

Where is it written: Help yourself, and Gold will help you?
You should know.

Sayings not found in Scripture

The saying, "God helps those who help themselves," came to us by way of Benjamin Franklin (1736). Franklin himself was a deist and so he believed that God did not play an active role in men's lives. In his point of view if man was not able to help himself, then man was hopeless.

The Bible teaches something entirely different than the above saying, because God makes special provision to help the helpless.

Romans 5:6, 8
For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly....But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Proverbs 28:26
He who trusts in his own heart is a fool,
But he who walks wisely will be delivered.

Jeremiah 17:5
Thus says the LORD,
"Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind
And makes flesh his strength,
And whose heart turns away from the LORD.

I don’t know anyone who would die in the manner they did if they knew what they were dying for wasn’t 100% true.

The guy's who drank the kool-aid also knew they were 100% right. Strength of conviction isn't always a good indicator of truth.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I don’t know anyone who would die in the manner they did if they knew what they were dying for wasn’t 100% true.

The guy's who drank the kool-aid also knew they were 100% right. Strength of conviction isn't always a good indicator of truth.

You might have a point if that was all there was to it. The Islamic terrorists also believe that they are dying for the truth. The difference is the eye-witness martyrs of the New Testament saw what they saw, were threatened with their lives if they continued to proclaim it, and were true to what they spoke even as some of them were tortured and crucified upside down until death. I cannot reasonably believe that any human being could endure that (especially all but one of them) just to perpetuate a false religion for their own purposes. They saw something extraordinary and believed that their eternal lives depended on following that example even as they were tortured to death.

My man strongly believed in Jesus.
How can you say his life was safed?
It was not, I was the non-believer, I survived. He's dead.
Not even our priest in our church was able to explain that to me and our son. [:/]

Ok, that's history. But I stll do not believe in anything else than what I am able to control.
[:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105

It is said that God refuses to 'prove' his existence, because without faith he is nothing, but apparently did in Jesus' time?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

My man strongly believed in Jesus.
How can you say his life was safed?
It was not, I was the non-believer, I survived. He's dead.
Not even our priest in our church was able to explain that to me and our son. [:/]

I’m not talking about our physical existence here. I’m talking about what’s after that. Our measly 60 – 100 years physically on Earth is nothing in the big scheme of things. If he was sincere in his belief, then he is alive spiritually. His life had purpose and still does. We get focused on our physical selves because that’s the only concept of life that we have. We’re like babies in a crib. The only thing we know is the cage around us and that big spinning mobile above our heads. It has been demonstrated in the past that there is more to come. We haven’t even touched the surface.

Ok, that's history. But I stll do not believe in anything else than what I am able to control.
[:/]

You’re going to die someday. You cannot control that. Do you believe in death? There are lots of things we cannot control or even can understand but are still very real.