Dead4Life

Terri Schiavo

I am interested in collecting opinions on Terri Schiavo.

I am glad she died.

1) she looked terrible on that hospital bed
2) imaging being on the hospital bed for 14 years
3) her parants are nut jobs
4) her case was just an excuse for these "right to life zealots" (more nut jobs)

It's not life that counts. It's quality of life. It makes me wonder why parents still choose to have downs syndrome babies and kids with various other genetic defects. Do parents think they are cute?

The only reason parents have kids in the first place is to appease their hormonal proclivity.

I have a feeling this will get moved to speakers corner or just deleted.

why?

1. Its been discussed several times already
2. Its a very highly contraversial subject and usually causes people to get out of hand.
3. The event has passed and honesty who gives a flying fuck anymore. She is dead let it go.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I seem to remember a recent thread imploring people NOT TO FEED THE TROLLS :S You must have missed it :P

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I don't know, I think we can beat that horse just a bit more. I think I still see some life in it.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I seem to remember a recent thread imploring people NOT TO FEED THE TROLLS :S You must have missed it :P

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I don't know, I think we can beat that horse just a bit more. I think I still see some life in it.

Need a new stick, or does the old one still have a few more beats in it? :ph34r:

Oh shit...orange juice on my keyboard!:D:D I was on the other side of the fence on this issue...but damn, that was funny!:D:D

Thanks for my morning chuckle.B|

Chris

It makes me wonder why parents still choose to have downs syndrome babies and kids with various other genetic defects. Do parents think they are cute?

That has got to be the most uneducated statement I have ever heard.

Have you personally ever spent time with a child who has DS?

Let me tell you, my ex's brother has DS and his life has more quality than most "normal" people in your eyes. The quality of one's life has nothing to do with whether they have a mental disability or not. Take for example a heroin addict living on the streets. Do you think they will have more "quality" in their life, than a child born with DS who has parents that love him/her the way they ARE. My ex's brother has a great life. He bowls in the special olympics, and also volunteers his own personal time to help OTHERS out without any disability...THAT to me is one hell of a life.

I am sorry for the way you think.

Don't worry about it Amanduh, each and every one of this guys posts has been off the wall and solicited heated response. I guess we can all conclude what kind of poster they are. The statement you've replied to is actually one of the more main stream ones.

Need a new stick, or does the old one still have a few more beats in it?

Nope, I'll just pull the feeding tube.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

It makes me wonder why parents still choose to have downs syndrome babies and kids with various other genetic defects. Do parents think they are cute?

That has got to be the most uneducated statement I have ever heard.

Have you personally ever spent time with a child who has DS?

Let me tell you, my ex's brother has DS and his life has more quality than most "normal" people in your eyes. The quality of one's life has nothing to do with whether they have a mental disability or not. Take for example a heroin addict living on the streets. Do you think they will have more "quality" in their life, than a child born with DS who has parents that love him/her the way they ARE. My ex's brother has a great life. He bowls in the special olympics, and also volunteers his own personal time to help OTHERS out without any disability...THAT to me is one hell of a life.

I am sorry for the way you think.

And if think about it... DS kids don't have a mean bone in their bodies. They have so much love to give and they deserve all the love they can get.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban