ahegeman

Democrats, Behold Your New Leader

Clicky

Never before has one man pandered to so many, so transparently. Even the WaPo called it the "Special-interest Group Hug". I mean, politics is all about pandering these days, but this guy is just so BAD at it.

My favorite line: ""You think the RNC could get this many people of color into a single room? Maybe if they got the hotel staff in there." My second favorite line: "If Bill Clinton can be the first 'black president,' I can be our first 'gay president.'" I'm at a loss on both of those. I look forward to quoting him frequently in the future.

Of course, this man didn't appoint a single black or hispanic person as a member of his cabinet in 12 years as the governor of Vermont. But why actually follow through when pandering will do?

If the Democrats are lucky, having this raving lunatic screaming at the podium all the time will provide enough of a cathartic release to the far lefties to keep them quiet and allow the party to run some real candidates.
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

Dean has a tendency to run off at his mouth. He's also smart, but you have to be able to consider the effects of what you're saying. We've seen evidence of that in other candidates; Dan Quayle and yes, George Bush come to mind.

But before you talk about his ethnic appointments, consider the demographics of Vermont. .5% is black, and .9% is hispanic. There'd have to be an awful lot of state-level appointments to be unfair, and, well, the number is small enough that there might not be a legitimate contender who's interested. Not a lot of ethnic problems there, either.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Never before has one man pandered to so many, so transparently.

I thought that Kerry had that wrapped up.

My favorite line: ""You think the RNC could get this many people of color into a single room?...."

I believe that the president's cabinet would do the job nicely.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If Dean is the person the Dems are puting in place to run the Party, then the Dems are even worse off than I thought.

So much for the talk that the Dems were trying to get back to center! THis guys is so far left of center he makes Al Fraken look like... Wait what am I say? Ok Fraken is further left, but still!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Some of you seem a bit unclear on what the job is. It's not the spiritual leadership of the Party. Far less so than Minority Leader of either the House or Senate, and it's not like Pelosi has been much more than symbolic on that end.

The role of the DNC is to win, and that's more about political knowledge. Dean flamed out, but he probably did more for the Democratic cause then anyone else last year. When (some of) his platform was getting good response, Kerry grabbed on. And that I think is what the party was looking for. Serving up a clone of Bush won't win them anything.

The role of the DNC is to win, and that's more about political knowledge. Dean flamed out, but he probably did more for the Democratic cause then anyone else last year. When (some of) his platform was getting good response, Kerry grabbed on. And that I think is what the party was looking for. Serving up a clone of Bush won't win them anything.

Look at that, someone that gets the idea. Besides, do you think Dean can do any worse than his predecessor? I think I heard the DNC lost about 80% of the elections under his not so watchful eye.

I can see why the repubs are going to town on the "Dean-isms" since they need something to balance out years of Bush-isms. I'll bet a dollar that Bush still puts his foot in his mouth more often than Dean will in the next four years.

Most people don't see the bigger picture of Dean getting this position. Most know that there is NO love loss between him and the Clintons. I think Dean is a big reason why they (Clintons) supported Clark last year.

I think this was Hillary's first power struggle within the Party, and she lost. Will be real interesting where this goes next.

Will he be a mouthpiece of the Democratic Congress as Peliosi and Reid say, OR will he push his own agenda?

Understanding him (and his big head) I opt for the latter.

Dean has a tendency to run off at his mouth. He's also smart, but you have to be able to consider the effects of what you're saying. We've seen evidence of that in other candidates; Dan Quayle and yes, George Bush come to mind.

But before you talk about his ethnic appointments, consider the demographics of Vermont. .......

Ha ha.

You just don't see it.

It's not about what you or the other faithfull think, we know what you think, and who you'll vote for. You're predictable.

Unfortunately for you and your buddies you need to convince other more critical minds to join you in the polling booth and that's at the heart of your problem.

That's why Dean is a problem for you. Try citing Dan Quale in 2 years time, please, it should be fun.

Most people don't see the bigger picture of Dean getting this position. Most know that there is NO love loss between him and the Clintons. I think Dean is a big reason why they (Clintons) supported Clark last year.

I think this was Hillary's first power struggle within the Party, and she lost. Will be real interesting where this goes next.

Will he be a mouthpiece of the Democratic Congress as Peliosi and Reid say, OR will he push his own agenda?

Understanding him (and his big head) I opt for the latter.

It'll be fun to watch Dean fundraise for Hillary in 4 years. Heh!

"You think the RNC could get this many people of color into a single room? Maybe if they got the hotel staff in there."

His quote should have been:
"You think the RNC could get this many people of character and competance into a single room? Maybe if they left it empty!!"

Oy vey, what a fucknut. And how many people thought he should've been the Dem's candidate? (not that they did much better with Kerry...)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Good. Now we can look forward to a rapid collapse of the DNC, not a slow and painful one. The DNC is the Whigs of the 21st century. The sooner they are gone, the better.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Is that the best you can do? Come on, I'm sure you can slam better and still keep it within the bounds of no personal attacks. Keep trying.

Or you could do something about attacking the substance, rather than the messenger.

Attack the message, and all the messengers become less effective. Attack the messenger, and you've done something (maybe) about one measly little messenger. Not a good bang for the buck, is it?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Attack the message, and all the messengers become less effective. Attack the messenger, and you've done something (maybe) about one measly little messenger. Not a good bang for the buck, is it?

But when there is no message, all you have is the messenger.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Well, in the post he was replying to, there was a point about why there wasn't more diversity in Dean's cabinet.

Maybe I don't have the message for the entire Democratic party (heck, I'm not a registered Democrat, so why would I?). But the post had a message.

And wouldn't it be more effective to let the messenger's lack of message stand for itself? That's what happened to the Democrats as much as anything this year. Attacking the messenger says "I gotta attack something" rather than "there's something worth attacking."

Trying to make someone else weaker doesn't make one stronger. Good arguments stand on their own legs, no others' backs.

Wendy W.

My favorite line: ""You think the RNC could get this many people of color into a single room? Maybe if they got the hotel staff in there."

So did anyone make a stink about Dean's comment and how it shows his (give me a second here - I have to put on my liberal PC thought cap to phrase this correctly) "insensitivity to racial stereotypes in the hotel/motel staffing industry"?

Is that really what the DNC wants to stand for?

Someone has to have roasted him for the statement by plucking it out of context and twisting it and spinning it for political hay..

(Taking off the cap - I need to wash)

Both sides do it, someone missed a really nice opportunity here though.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Good. Now we can look forward to a rapid collapse of the DNC, not a slow and painful one. The DNC is the Whigs of the 21st century. The sooner they are gone, the better.

The demographics say otherwise. And consider the past two elections - Gore and Kerry are the Dukakises and Mondales of the current decade and instead of getting trounced, they lost by the narrowest of margins.

It's pretty damn early to be writing their funeral. What happens to the GOP when its runs out of Bush sons to run? Both parties seem a bit short on leaders these days.

The demographics say otherwise. And consider the past two elections - Gore and Kerry are the Dukakises and Mondales of the current decade and instead of getting trounced, they lost by the narrowest of margins.

yeah, but Bush 1 and Bush 2 are pretty much the Doles and the Quayles of this decade

I think the playing field was pretty even, so did the country both times

At least Clinton had some good ol boy charisma and Reagan was just plain great. the current offerings of either party are just not as dynamic

I'm hoping any response has to do with the inability of the parties to field a personality worth campaigning for rather than the lefties bashing Reagan and righties bashing Clinton. Yeah, RIGHT

Futurama had an episode where John Jameson was campaigning against James Johnson. They had the same positions on everything, but with slightly different nuances. We're heading there like a freight train.