IanHarrop

U.S. Supreme Court rejects challenge by KKK

Would it be ok to allow a group to carry petrol bombs until they crossed the line and threw one? after all they may just be wanting to fill their cars right?

No, cause a petrol bomb is a weapon. It is illegal to put gas in a glass container.

We are talking about a "MASK". A piece of clothing.

Now, I feel anyone that will not stand behind the words they speak...And that includes posting retoric without a filled out profile is a pussy.

If you want to wear a mask - fine. If you want to demonstate with a large group with a potential to riot - mask wearing is not so good.

If the group riots...Arrest them all. Then find out who did what and charge them.

It is dangerous to limit free speach cause you don't like the group.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Lets take another masked group erm... Insurgent Muslims? Lets say you have a large group of them in the US that wants to protest against Iraq occupation - should they be allowed to march on the whitehouse wearing balaclavas? Probably should morally.... should they be allowed? For safety and prevention of a definite riot! probably not.

YES they should be allowed. The police will walk right behind them. If anything starts it would be a quick end.

The prolem I have is people on here bitch so much about people rights being taken away...And then when a group they don't like has a right taken away the same people who bitch about the loss of rights in America....Cheer.

If you want free speach you have to allow it for EVERYONE, not just the folks you like.

I quite agree with the sentment that they SHOULD be allowed to do this - however the practicality of the situation means its safer if they are not allowed to.

Then for the sake of saftey, crowds should not be allowed to gather when their sports team wins a match. English football games should not be allowed to have people in the stands.

I could go on.

Once you start to be happy that a persons rights are taken away...That is a bad day.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I only wish that they would quit flying my beloved flag of the 13 Confederated States of America.
Do not say that the flag represents racism. It does not. In fact, the KKK flew the American flag up into the 1960's. Not the Stars and Bars. How dare these bastards hide behind my flag.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Well what's he got to hide?

He wore it to protect his identity from the gang that killed his fellow Rangers.

And "To strike fear into the harts of evil doers everywhere".

Geeze, get some culture;)

I have to say I get quite a chuckle seeing Tuna and Ron and AggieDave agreeing with the ACLU.

You think YOU find it strange!?!?!?!?!

But in this case I agree.
I don't like the KKK, but I respect the Constitution.

Civil liberties in this country are, while better than anywhere else in the world, a joke.

Why is it that most US citizens actually believe that the rest of the world is behind in civil liberties? :S

Sidenote:
At this very moment there are US citizens held captive by the government, without being charged of a crime, without any evidence, without contact to a lawyer or their families.

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

Culture... ok...

Sorry that was a joke telling to watch "The Lone Ranger";)

But I still don't understand how you make people afraid by letting them know you're too scared to show your face.

1. Well, you would never know where the person was.

2. It looks cool, and is better than a cape. Capes casue all kinds of problems;)

1. Well, you would never know where the person was.

Well I know where he is. I'm his sidekick. He'd be dead lying next to his 5 dead Ranger friends if it were not for me - and he screws up in EVERY episode and I'm the one who had to save his masked ASS each time. I think he wears the mask because he has low self esteem about the fact he was rescued by a native American.

2. It looks cool, and is better than a cape. Capes casue all kinds of problems;)

I don't know. I was chatting to Zoro about this - and he things that chicks think that capes are cool. They're just not for me. Truth is, I feel a bit uncomfortable in a headband..

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I don't know. I was chatting to Zoro about this - and he things that chicks think that capes are cool. They're just not for me. Truth is, I feel a bit uncomfortable in a headband..

t

Don't tie it so tight and it'll be MUCH more comfortable... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think he wears the mask because he has low self esteem about the fact he was rescued by a native American.

The most embarassing part is that he was rescued by a native American named "Tonto". Being that the Lone Ranger was in Texas, he was quite familiar with the Spanish language and knew what Tonto means in Spanish. Who wants to be rescued by a tonto? I am sure that the Lone Ranger's low self esteem was caused by the fact that being rescued by a tonto made him look really foolish.:)
Edited to add: This is not an attack on our "Tonto" of the forums, just a comment on language. Our "Tonto" is not a tonto!B|
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

"Truth is, I feel a bit uncomfortable in a headband."

Are you okay with lycra bodysuits? Or running around with your underpants on over a pair of blue tights?

Personally, I'd opt for the headband, my public don't really need to to see me in lycra......:$
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

He did look foolish! Lying there, in Black and White, with his 5 Ranger friends pretending to be dead cos being buried alive was better than riding with THAT ego.. C'mon. You know what this guy pays me to be a side kick? Then he uses silver bullets? Is this a Werewolf fantasy he's in?

He has issues dude. I may be called Tonto, I never got to choose my name. He hangs out with me ALL THE TIME... and still calls himself the "Lone Ranger."

How do you think that makes me feel?

t

Nac - when I see what other side-kicks have to wear - I'm really glad LR was nearly dead when I found him. He wanted me to wear this "Cow-girl" type outfit. I just acted dumb and made like I never understood. He doesn't have a girlfriend either - and I think he has issues with his horse too..

t

Google's translator function is even more insulting than just "foolish" or "silly". Put tonto in there and it comes back with "idiot".

Kemo Sabe isn't much better depending on what language you choose to translate:
http://www.write101.com/kemosabe.htm

Crap... I've hijacked my own thread![:/]
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

You really want to ditch that 'Lone Loser', maybe take an ad out in the personals and get a new trail mate.

Something along the lines of the 'Gregarious Ranger' perhaps.;)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. It looks cool, and is better than a cape. Capes casue all kinds of problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch "The Incredibles" about capes....They are easy to grab, get in the way, ...Ya know how stupid you look with a cape stuck in your hero mobile?

Ask Batman about that.

Well... Here in the 3rd world I'll need to wait for the Incredibles - which only releases on Friday..

But I'll make a point of seeing it

Wow, is there anyway to get this thread moved TO Bonfire?

That would have to be a first.

Well - I think it's positive that we can all have fun and drop the serious stuff when we choose to.

In the entire world - there are probably less than 100 000 skydivers.. and the truth is - I'm glad I'm one of them.

t