Michele

The Horror Of It!!!

So some of you know who my father is. I thought *I* knew who he was...until about 6 this evening. I did know our politics are "slightly" different.

Dad calls me to reschedule our annual Christmas shopping jaunt (yes, he's a jew, but goes Christmas Shopping anyway...). He told me he had a lunch to go to.

In a kidding voice, I asked who was supplanting me for lunch...

Michael Moore.

I thought he was kidding at first, and then realized he was deadly serious.

OY! Who'd'a thunk it???

It's some sort of publicity thing, but it's a very limited invitation list (like 6-8 or something like that). Dad, of course is honored. I, of course, am horrified.

But he's making it up to me. I told him to give MM my business card, and tell him to call me. I had some things I wanted to discuss with him. Dad promised to give my card....whether MM will call or not is another story. And Dad is taking me to a very nice dinner instead of a deli lunch.

Oh the horror of it!

I still love Pops....but this is proof that senility has set in.;) He is 82 on Friday, after all.

Ciels-
Michele

PS. In case you think I think less of my father, I don't. I love him, despite his enamored attitude towards MM. My Dad rocks, even when he does really silly things like this.:D

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Shit, this makes me 3 degrees of seperation from MM. I'm starting to feel your horror.

Ain't it scary? ROFL...oh well. Pops put up with me and my shenanigans for years (still does...), so I guess I can do the same for him. It's gonna be hard, but...well, he is my father, after all. It will be a very interesting shopping adventure, though. I'm sure I'll hear how wonderful MM is, and how great a producer/director, and all that stuff...

Oy.

Ciels-
Michele

>OY! Who'd'a thunk it???

You think that's bad? I just bought a mountain bike (a Kona Kikapu, very fun) and the salesman gave me his business card - you guessed it, Michael Moore. Apparently he's hiding out in San Diego, although he seems to have lost about 100 lbs, dyed his hair orange and lost the glasses.

I told him to give MM my business card, and tell him to call me. I had some things I wanted to discuss with him.

You should sell him a house and then donate the profits to the Republican party, in his name of course. :P

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Muenkle, you don't think I'm going to be showering with coal soap? ROFL!

You should sell him a house and then donate the profits to the Republican party, in his name of course.

Oh, see, now that's an idea. I could do that, and do a presser about it, and get all the rabid republican people in my area to work with me!

Oh, wait. That's like 3 people. Not enough to continue a career with. So maybe I'll forgo the presser.

BillV, if MM is selling bikes, then he has discovered the great beauty of working for a living, rather than spinning SH and kiteflying families. ROFL...

Ciels-
Michele

I imagine your dad is pretty horrified to have a republican for a daughter!

Oh the horror!

ROFL...yes, he's said as much, too.

He questions what he did wrong. He raised me with all the liberal democratic values - and according to him, I've been tainted. 'Course, that doesn't stop him from loving me, so it's all good. Makes for some interesting conversations, which we actually keep civil...and worse for him is my brother is far more republican than I...and Dad scratches his head and wonders about that, too.

I tried to reassure him, by reminding him that he raised up two children to be independent thinkers, to research and to understand issues, and to come to our own conclusions about things, rather than just follow our parental influence. It worked, perhaps too well for his tastes, but it worked.

LOL!

Ciels-
Michele

I imagine your dad is pretty horrified to have a republican for a daughter!:P

Oh the horror!

I count my blessings that none of my kids grew up to be Republicans (not even the one in the Army). :P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I saw bigfoot playing frisbee today in the park.

I saw a werewolf having a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's...

...and his hair was perfect. Ah-Whoooooo.....:S

mh

Though I, in all my liberal wisdom (I've only learned that I'm a true liberal on this site), think that MM is a freak of Nature, I would still welcome the chance to hang with him for an evening and pick his brain. I HATE GWB, but I'd stand my dear ol' dad up to have dinner with him anyway. I'm pretty fond of Slick Willy, but I wouldn't necessarily stand up my dad to hang with him.....I understand him well enough already.

Sometimes intrigue is a more potent motivator than accord.

Peace~
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Muenkle, you don't think I'm going to be showering with coal soap? ROFL!

Of course you would. But if the coal soap doesn't do the trick, I'd be willing to risk MM's muck to receive another famous 'Michele' hug.:)

I saw bigfoot playing frisbee today in the park.

Didja get photos? If not, it never happened....(BTW, your pm was rather funny! Thanks for the laugh!)

Linz:

Though I, in all my liberal wisdom (I've only learned that I'm a true liberal on this site), think that MM is a freak of Nature, I would still welcome the chance to hang with him for an evening and pick his brain. I HATE GWB, but I'd stand my dear ol' dad up to have dinner with him anyway. I'm pretty fond of Slick Willy, but I wouldn't necessarily stand up my dad to hang with him.....I understand him well enough already.

Know what? I think Dad's going to have fun, so more power to him. I don't care that MM usurped me - after all, I'm always here, and MM invitations come along rather infrequently. But honestly, I'd turn him down. I don't think there's all that much there to pick, from what I've seen. OTOH, I don't know that for sure...it could all be a publicity thing, that whole smug arrogance, that conceited ignorance. But that's all right, I'll live with not knowing first hand. ;)

Sometimes intrigue is a more potent motivator than accord.

True dat. I'm just not intrigued by MM, however, nor by any of the "celebs" that spout a party ticket (no matter which). It just doesn't interest me. Now, should Stephen King call me, I may just have to ditch whomever I had plans with and have dinner, but that's going to happen when the sun rises in the west. So I don't have to worry about that! I'd consider dinner with Clinton, as well as Bush, and jump at the chance for dinner with McCain or Lieberman, but other than that, there aren't too many politicians I could stomach eating with.

Ciels-
Michele

I just had a really amusing thaught. Sangiro should have Michael Moore join up to this website.

As a member of the forum, bashing him would be instantly banned. This would cut 3% of total site traffic.

The MM supporters wouldn't be insulted and argue back - cutting a further 6% of the site traffic.

The MM haters would equally have no posts to argue with and a another 6% of site traffic would go.

Sangiro could then cut his bandwith expenditure by 15% and save a whole load of money he could put into expanding the site or hell - just jump.

so can you get me tickets to the oscar or something?

ROFL.

I've never gone - rarely watch them even. If I end up with a ticket I can't/won't use (not terribly likely, but hey...you can dream), I'll let you know. Deal?

Ciels-
Michele