JohnRich

Madonna on the Iraq War

In the news:
During an interview with British radio, Madonna said:

"I just don't want American troops to be in Iraq, period. "My feelings are 'can we just all get out?'." She said she believes the US-led war will not help in the fight against terrorism. "Global terror is everywhere. Global terror is down the street, around the block." Global terror is in California. There's global terror everywhere and it's absurd to think you can get it by going to one country and dropping tons of bombs on innocent people."
Source: Yahoo News

I'm confused about her stated position, above. Is she advocating that we just give up trying to fight terrorism all together because it's hopelesss, or that we should drop bombs on it everywhere it exists, even in California and "down the street"?

Dude... It's Madona.. She's a Fucking idiot!!!
It was like Cheer at a rally a few years ago talking about foriegn and domestic policy.

First off Cheer dropped out of school in 9th grade and is stupid.
Secondly, she has lived her life in a bubble with no concept of what real people's lives are like.

why do we support these morons?

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

I wish everyone knew just how little Madonna's view on the war means to me or should mean to anyone else. Her view on world issues from her celebrity bubble has very little to do with reality.

Now you're just talking crazy!! How can their views be discounted like that!? 49% of the US agrees with them, so it must be legit!:S

She, like the other Hollywood dolts, should just STFU and stick to what they do best... er, well better than most.... er... what they get paid to do.
Oh, hello again!

It was like Cheer at a rally a few years ago talking about foriegn and domestic policy.

Secondly, she has lived her life in a bubble with no concept of what real people's lives are like.

Who's Cheer?

If ultra successful multi-millionaires are really stupid morons, where does that leave you and me?

>Is she advocating that we just give up trying to fight terrorism all together
> because it's hopelesss, or that we should drop bombs on it everywhere it
> exists, even in California and "down the street"?

I think she made it pretty clear that she thinks that dropping bombs is the wrong way to fight terror. She didn't say either of the things you suggest above.

If ultra successful multi-millionaires are really stupid morons, where does that leave you and me?

Fortunately this is America, where even stupid morons can get rich in the entertainment industry. Income does not necessarily correlate to intelligence.

I think she made it pretty clear that she thinks that dropping bombs is the wrong way to fight terror. She didn't say either of the things you suggest above.

From what was given, what is your interpretation of the approach she thinks we should take against terrorism?

I would read from that, the idea that Iraq is not the only or indeed the main source of terrorists on the planet.

In fact, being a country of terrorists was not really the reasoning behind invasion at all. Now though, after invsion I would bet we have more people in that country that would subscribe to terrorist ideals than we did before this started.

So, I would have to agree in part with the wealthy moron that invading Iraq / obtaining good oil deals / using up artillary and fueling the US economy are not necessarily the best way to fight terrorism.

[:/]

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Fortunately this is America, where even stupid morons can get rich in the entertainment industry. Income does not necessarily correlate to intelligence.

If you honestly think that Cher or Madonna are "fucking idiots, stupid, or morons", the irony of the statement is lost on you.
Either of them probably make more serious business decisions in a week than most of us will make in a lifetime. It is pretty easy to be jealous of others' success.

Back on thread topic: I don't think the opinion of a celebrity is any more valuable than anyone elses in this area, but I also think she makes some insightful points.

In the news:

During an interview with British radio, Madonna said:

"I just don't want American troops to be in Iraq, period. "My feelings are 'can we just all get out?'." She said she believes the US-led war will not help in the fight against terrorism. "Global terror is everywhere. Global terror is down the street, around the block." Global terror is in California. There's global terror everywhere and it's absurd to think you can get it by going to one country and dropping tons of bombs on innocent people."
Source: Yahoo News

I'm confused about her stated position, above. Is she advocating that we just give up trying to fight terrorism all together because it's hopelesss, or that we should drop bombs on it everywhere it exists, even in California and "down the street"?

Who the hell even gives a rat's ass what that silly cunt thinks???>:(

mh

:(
Sorry, moderators, what that a personal attack?

I promise, won't do it again.

There is a very slim chance she will ever post in these forums, so no need to worry there, just like the good ole queen:P.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

>Sorry, moderators, what that a personal attack?

Well, yeah, but it doesn't count unless the person you're attacking posts here. Feel free to attack Madonna, Bush, the Queen of England, or Don King all you want. Now, Don or Pat Swayze you might have to be careful about . . .

Feel free to attack Madonna, Bush, the Queen of England, or Don King all you want.

Speaking as a spectator at this sport (attack) usually, I will say that a substantive attack on the content is a whole lot more impressive than "fuck (whoever)" or "(whoever) sucks donkey dicks." Those just kinda calls for a Beavis and Butthead huh-huh after it.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Patrick Swayze is a pretty significant movie star in the US (speakers corner tends to attack a lot of movie stars). He's also a skydiver with a noticeable number of jumps, and could quite conceivably post here. Don Swayze is his brother -- more jumps, I believe, but less stardom.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Please inform me as to who is Don or Pat Swayze.

Patrick Swayze is an actor; was in Point Break. Don is his brother. Don jumps at Perris, but hasn't been jumping as much since he lost his foot. I don't think Patrick's jumped much since the movie. (And I doubt either will ever post here, but you never know.)

(Funny story - Pat was up at Perris one day, and someone on the Otter thought he looked familiar. "Wait, I know you," they said. "You're Don's brother!")