windcatcher

Crossing-dressing? (ICK!)

So, hey, I thought I'd hop on the SC political bandwagon. Something that's been really bothering me is seeing SO many men, dressing up like women!!! :S I mean, I know some homosexual men may do the cross-dressing thing, (some say they feel like a woman trapped in a man's body?), but what about men that aren't homosexual and still cross-dress? If they do, can we assume they might become interested in having sex with a man?
Hm, I just curious to read a few responses about this, because it's disgusting! I think a man should look like a man, and a woman should look like a woman.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
[sarahventsherangstafterseeingpreviewofshowofmendressinglikewomen]
grrrrrrr
ps. And why is it always men trying to dress like women, and not vice-versa? Do men actually think it's easy wearing 4'' spiked-heels and pantyhose? :D
Don't you men feel like your masculinity is becoming "feminized" when other males do this?

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Actually, one of my favorite comedians is a transvestite: Eddie Izzard. He so totally rocks!

I read an interview of his, and he basically summed it up with: I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. I fancy women, and I also fancy their clothes and makeup. :DB|

It's when they look better than I that I get mad. >:(

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Don't you men feel like your masculinity is becoming "feminized" when other males do this?

Nope! I couldn't give a rat's ass what other guys do or dont do. Not my bag of fun but if they wanna do that for fun, to feel good or to win some stupid reality show then have at it. You would have to be pretty insecure to have other men dressing like women affect your masculinity.
I also don't feel dumber as a skydiver when someone else hooks in and busts themselves up nor do I feel more of a skydiver when someone swoops 333 feet perfectly. It is what I do as an individual period.
The manly man......:P
SabreDave

What planet do you come from? Why don't you just show off a few more stereotypes while you're at it.

Why would you be even remotly interested in harassing some people who wish to make themselves happy while not huring anyone else?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Something that's been really bothering me is seeing SO many men, dressing up like women!!!

Hummm... You've been looking at Adam J's pictures again, uh?>:(:P

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

***Ummm, no. Why would what somone else does affect my maculinity? :S

Heelllooo? It seems like the way men are being viewed, at least in the American society, is changing. You have a lot of "dumbing down" of the American male, w/ shows that basically try to say that the men here are idiots, slobs, etc. If a bunch of guys are dressing like women, don't you feel like it is affecting how men as a whole are being viewed? I think so.
And Philly, please don't eat me alive for my post.! I'm only 22...:S:(

What planet do you come from? Why don't you just show off a few more stereotypes while

punk! I'm not harassing anyone, just stating my opinion. I am very accepting of people, it's just the things they do that I don;t agree with that bother me...

Heelllooo? It seems like the way men are being viewed, at least in the American society, is changing. You have a lot of "dumbing down" of the American male, w/ shows that basically try to say that the men here are idiots, slobs, etc. If a bunch of guys are dressing like women, don't you feel like it is affecting how men as a whole are being viewed? I think so.

I think the American "Quarterback" stereoptype is being made fun of overseas a lot more than the cross dressers.
"Bunch of guys are dressing like women": where does that happen? I'd love to join in with my tutu:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

If a bunch of guys are dressing like women, don't you feel like it is affecting how men as a whole are being viewed? I think so.

Is it so bad to be like a woman?

I'm a woman; I often dress in pants, I don't wear makeup; I drive a standard; I can fix cars. Do those "masculine" traits do anything to your femininity? They don't even impact mine in my opinion. They don't make me a lesbian, they don't make me a man. They're just things I do.

Why do you think it's so much worse for a man to show some feminine traits than for a woman to show some masculine ones?

Wendy W.
(yes, I am, in fact, a feminist)
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And Philly, please don't eat me alive for my post.!

Awww, whining. That's cute.

I'm only 22...

It shows.

Oh, and did you just call me a "punk"? I resemble that remark.....:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

And why is it always men trying to dress like women, and not vice-versa? Do men actually think it's easy wearing 4'' spiked-heels and pantyhose? :D

errr, do you ever wear jeans ??

oh and no, it's not easy to wear heels, and these strings between the cheeks are a PITA :P:P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Is it so bad to be like a woman?
Yes, if you weren't born one! :S

And I am no where near being a feminist, so I might differ from you in how I view males.

Why do you think it's so much worse for a man to show some feminine traits than for a woman to show some masculine ones?

I'm just saying it's more common it seems for men to cross-dress

And Philly, please don't eat me alive for my post.!

Awww, whining. That's cute.

I'm only 22...

It shows.
yeah, I am young, so sue me. I have a lot to learn, I can be naive, that;s why I come to SC to learn from all you pretty precious little....hmm.nevermind :P

Oh, and did you just call me a "punk"? I resemble that remark.....:D

I'm just saying it's more common it seems for men to cross-dress

When I wear jeans and a Tshirt with sneakers I'm cross-dressing.

Why is it worse for a man to show womanly traits, than for a woman to show manly traits?

Wendy W.
(btw, I'm a good cook, and I can sew)
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

When I wear jeans and a Tshirt with sneakers I'm cross-dressing.

whoa, slow down. that isn't really cross-dressing.
And please don't get me started on feminist issues...I grew up with a domineering father who told me all women should have long hair, wear dresses all the time, basically be a slave to their husband, and hmm,what else, give em lots of children?!

Sure, when I get married, I'll do all sorts of things for my hubby, (like submitting! [gasp!]) and will try to fulfill all his needs. :)

Wow Sarah ... time for a little education.

I know some homosexual men may do the cross-dressing thing. , (some say they feel like a woman trapped in a man's body?)

1) The vast majority of cross-dressers are hetrosexual.

2) While some homosexuals are effeminate, very few cross-dress.

3) Transgendered people are the ones who identify themselves as people trapped in the body of the wrong sex and these are the people who seek reassignment surgery. And in many cases, the post-op MTF transgendered people don't run off to have sex with a man. Many are still interested in women and are classified now as lesbians (I think). Also, they are much harder to identify, but there are just as many FTM transgendered people as there as MTF.

what about men that aren't homosexual and still cross-dress? If they do, can we assume they might become interested in having sex with a man?

Why would a hetrosexual person be interested in a homosexual relationship?

And why is it always men trying to dress like women, and not vice-versa?

What are you talking about? This happens all the time. Look around you. I see plenty of females dressed in a similar manner that men dress as.

I just curious to read a few responses about this, because it's disgusting! I think a man should look like a man, and a woman should look like a woman.

You are entitled to feel turned off. It's natural. Most people feel the same way you do. But according to the so called experts, cross-dressing, homosexuality and transgendered traits are not a thing which people one day just develop (contrary to what the religious nut cases say). The experts say that these people are born this way and can not change. These people will take these traits to the grave with them. So instead of judging these people, count yourself lucky to be "what society deems as" normal. Then again are you really normal? What's normal?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over