JohnRich

CBS Lies Again...

Uh huh. That has about as much credence as the claim that George Bush is a criminal for his cocaine usage. Hey, someone said he did, right?

Sorry bill, Kerry admitted it to Congress.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

I heard that today on talk radio. Extremely sad. CBS is the biggest excuse for a news source I have ever seen. At least you know what to expect when you tune in to them. It's like the Al Franken Factor but with Dan Rather.

ABC news is right on track with the rest of the leftist media>:(
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I heard that today on talk radio. Extremely sad. CBS is the biggest excuse for a news source I have ever seen. At least you know what to expect when you tune in to them. It's like the Al Franken Factor but with Dan Rather.

Right there next to Fox.

And you don't think Fox has some sort of "october surprise" lined up?

What the hell has that got to do with anything?>:( If FOX pulls a lie out of thier ass to support an agenda I would be just as pissed at them. But not you I guess>:(If they support your guy then the ends justify the means?:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Right there next to Fox.

What the hell has that got to do with anything?>:( If FOX pulls a lie out of thier ass to support an agenda I would be just as pissed at them. But not you I guess>:(If they support your guy then the ends justify the means?:S

I've said it quite a few times. I hate any/all news outlets that are clearly biased and show an agenda. I've been in the newsroom, I know how hard it is to write a story and keep it neutral...CBS is showing their colors and it will forever ruin the reputation of 60 minutes.

(personally speaking, I think the anchors have an agenda of their own outside of CBS)

FOX has shown its colors as well over the long run. Nothing as flashy as this junk, but they have shown their colors overall.

So doesn't the early war disappearance of explosives with nuclear uses only strengthen the Bush Administration claim that the war was necessary? Or that other WMDs may have existed still?

They can't answer that. I asked it several times in 2 seperate threads and no one can explain how it's possible for 380 tons of explosives to dissapear but not WMDs.

Forty-two

This thread is just hilarious. So many inanities...You left leaning folks are just desparate to defend CBS these days. Quite humorous. The left-media is just amazing these days, so your defense of them is becoming more and more untenable. Funny indeed.

Mr. Rumsfeld, shake hands w/Saddam

Nice pic of Mr. Rumsfeld and Mr. Hussein, Bill! 444 days. That's Four Hundred and Forty-Four days. Four hundred and 44. 400 + 40 + 4 days. 444 days. Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood JACKASS. Once again, 444 days.

GWB has a DUI
I'm no fan of zero defect mentalities at all and have more of a reason than anyone here will ever know to have an avid and undying hatred of drunk drivers. If left wingers want to slam Bush over a DUI, then they should either show some courage and have Ted Kennedy do the slamming or sit down and shaaaaaaaaadddduup.

GWB and cocaine
Isn't is amazing that Ms. Kelly's non-best seller got a three day expose on the TODAY show? After her primary source for the alleged cocaine use recanted his testimony? Amaaaaaaaazing, eh? Certainly no evidence at all of a media bias, eh?

Kerry meets w/NV in Europe

The purpose of the meeting the traitor attended was to give aid and comfort to the North Vietnamese. Kerry is a traitor. Period. They even have his pic up in a museum in Vietnam today.

Food for thought.

Beers to all,

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Do you consider the soldiers who blew the whistle on the Abu Ghraib tortures traitors or heroes?

Neither. I consider them to be good soldiers who are a credit to the US Army. Furthermore, whistleblowing is protected by 5 USC section 1213. (Note: whistleblower rights were not codified until 1978)

Quick! Name the two whistleblowers without doing a web search. Can you do it?

Kerry blowing the whistle ain't a bad thing. Anybody blowing the whistle is a good thing.

HOWEVER:
I get the feeling Kerry would give you the shirt off of his back so long as the press was there to cover it. He wasn't merely whistleblowing. He was putting himself on a pedestal.

Whistleblowers report to authorities. He reported to whomever he could, for whatever press he could get.

Those whistleblowers of Abu Ghraib reported, then went back to work. (Then to protective custody, which is a sickening commentary).

That sergeant is not in this for anythign other than doing what was right. I suspect that this was not Kerry's motivation. Popularity was his motivation.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>People who meet with the enemy without government sanction are traitors or guilty of treason . . .

Uh huh. That has about as much credence as the claim that George Bush is a criminal for his cocaine usage. Hey, someone said he did, right?

Bill, I believe that by definition John Kerry committed treason against the United States. GWB snorted coke, maybe. Which is worse?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

>I consider them to be good soldiers who are a credit to the US Army.

I agree. Let's hope they never run for office on the democratic ticket.

>He wasn't merely whistleblowing. He was putting himself on a pedestal.

I agree there too. He was doing both. His whistleblowing was a good thing; his making a political issue of it was done out of political ambition. The second does not erase the good of the first, just as if Darby ran for congress and became a slimy politician, it would not make his whistleblowing suddenly evil. It would make him a good soldier who turned into a slimy politician.

>Name the two whistleblowers without doing a web search. Can you do it?

No; I only remember Darby.

Right there next to Fox.

They'd better, or else they'd be letting the leftist scumbags get one-up on us. :P

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Come on, get real. The broadcast networks have always created their own news stories. Dan Rather and the rest have been doing it their entire careers. That's what they get paid to do and everyone knows it.

One really has to be concerned with the people who’s primary source of information is the TV. They’re the idiots.

Touche!

No trial, no conviction, no traitor. gotcha!

John Wilkes Booth was not a murderer.

Lee Harvey Oswald was not an assassin either.

Hitler, yep, innocent as well.

Bonnie and Clyde were upstanding, too.

Even Capone was simply a tax evader.

I'd say that Kerry wasn't touched at the time because it would have opened pandora's box, and Nixon had his hands full.

Nonetheless, Kerry, by his own admission, met with the two communist delegations from Vietnam in 1970. It is a clear violation of U.S. code 18 U.S.C. 953, whether or not it was prosecuted.

Kerry explained to Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman J. William Fulbright in a question and answer session on Capitol Hill a year after his Paris meetings that the war needed to be stopped "immediately and unilaterally." Then Kerry added, "I have been to Paris. I have talked with both delegations at the peace talks, that is to say the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PVR)."

oh well...

Apart from Capone, who was convicted and died in jail, the others had already been summarily executed. Maybe you believe in "sentence first, trial later" like Alice in Wonderland?

Nixon had no hesitation in harrassing his opponents through indictments or tax audits. But not even Nixon bothered to indict dead people. Your response is totally lame.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>I have talked with both delegations at the peace talks . . .

THAT'S what you call being a traitor? Wow. Just . . . wow.

Let's see....
Secret meetings with the enemy - check
Refusal to disclose matter of discussion at said meetings - check
passing out communist (soviet) propaganda at home - check
being called a hero by a country at war with the US - check
going up in their hall of fame - check

(not to mention attending a meeting of radicals where consideration was given to the assassination of a sitting US politician)

Bill, the man did everything he could "give aid and comfort" to the enemies of the US, short of picking up a gun for them.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I hate to break the news to you, but Capone died in his Fl home. See? I did not need a PHD to see the truth:P and/or facts.

Mea Culpa. He picked up the syphylis from which he died in jail. BTW he wasn't only picked up for tax evasion, he also had a weapons conviction in PA and was jailed in Holmesburg for a while before the Feds got to him.:P

But still there is a big difference in dying in jail, and in his Fl home.

And there's a big difference between being jailed, or killed during the perpertation of a crime, and not being indicted, and not being convicted even though the President of the USA considers you his enemy (and that's on the Nixon tapes).

There is a difference in the outcome, but it doesn't change the actual events.

A conviction for a crime is not the only proof of the occurance of the crime itself. As I attempted to point out, many people have committed crimes, of which they were never convicted, but of which they were positively guilty, nonetheless.

I've read Nixon's words about Kerry. From what I have read, those words express little more than concern for a self-aggrandizing Kennedy clone with political aspirations and a cause. If I've missed something, please point it out.

Even if he were an "enemy" of Nixon, I think that would simply mean Kerry was on a long list of Nixon's enemies.

The logic doesn't follow.

What could Nixon have gained by using his influence to prosecute Kerry--the leader of the anti-war movement--at the end of an increasingly unpopular war?

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.