peacefuljeffrey

I might not be so in favor of the death penalty...

...if THIS wasn't the constant result of the motherfuckin' liberal pussy way of dealing with criminals!

PAROLED MURDERERS?!

IF WE [I]TRULY[/I] WERE GOING TO KEEP THEM ROTTING IN A CELL WITH FUCKING BREAD AND WATER UNTIL THEY [I]DIED[/I], ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF EVER GETTING OUT OF PRISON AGAIN, [I]MAYBE[/I] I WOULD STOP SUPPORTING CAPITAL PUNISHMENT. BUT LIBERALS INSIST THAT THEY DESERVE "A CHANCE TO BE A CONTRIBUTING MEMBER OF SOCIETY" AND THE SEVERITY OF THEIR CRIMES BE DAMNED.

IT'S TIME TO STOP LETTING LEFTIST ASSHOLES RELEASE THE WORST CRIMINAL SHITBAGS OUT TO MURDER MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE. THIS IS WHAT FUCKIN' HAPPENS, OVER AND OVER. OUR ATTITUDE SHOULD BE, "YOU MURDER, YOU DIE."

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

not a very "peaceful" thought jeffrey, but I DO agree w/ you.

FWIW anyway.

Scott

Nope, not peaceful. This kind of shit wouldn't happen in a peaceful world. Not even in an unpeaceful but SANE world. Just what the fuck is anyone thinking when they take a brutal murderer and say, "Well, after X years in prison, it'll be okay to let you back out. You'll be an EX-murderer by then!" :S

Trust me, I'm not thinking about things like this when I'm skydiving on the weekends. :P

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey

Right, kill 'em all because no one is ever wrongly imprisoned:S.

On another note, you own a gun, right? What happens if you accidentally shoot someone, maybe a friend who you thought was a robber?

Shit happens. People are wrongly accused. People make mistakes. We are an imperfect race and to cut lives short for first offenses quite possibly may not be the best system.

I've always been for the death penalty, but when you stop and think about it, there are a lot of reasons to be against it. I'm sure i've not named half of them.

Angela.

Right, kill 'em all because no one is ever wrongly imprisoned:S.

On another note, you own a gun, right? What happens if you accidentally shoot someone, maybe a friend who you thought was a robber?

Shit happens. People are wrongly accused. People make mistakes. We are an imperfect race and to cut lives short for first offenses quite possibly may not be the best system.

I've always been for the death penalty, but when you stop and think about it, there are a lot of reasons to be against it. I'm sure i've not named half of them.

Angela.

"A" gun? "A" gun? Yer kidding, right? :P
Well, assuming that the shooting you're talking about it accidental, that's a different kind of charge from murder which is what I mean when I'm talking about capital punishment. It's not likely I'd face death for it.

I don't think this guy's life, or his brothers' (you read the article, right, about how his whole family is murderers?) would be "cut short" for a "first offense." They are long past their first, or probably fiftieth, offenses. And if a depraved murder is your first offense, yes, off to the Chair you go, as far as I'm concerned. "But your honor, he had never been in trouble before he smashed her head with a brick and raped her and left her to bleed to death." SO?!

As far as the irrevocability of the death penalty is concerned -- if that is the reason for unwillingness to execute convicts, it essentially says that there is no faith in the justice system to arrive at just verdicts, and it should be standard policy to constantly second-guess jury verdicts, and to distrust that they are fair, just and correct.

Yes, occasionally there have been exonerations of convicts on death row. Not sure what to make of that -- I think some "exonerations" are just technicalities but still deal with guilty people. Others may be truly innocent. I think that a cop or prosecutor who messes with justice by concealing exculpatory evidence, etc., adversely affecting a capital case should be subject to capital punishement himself. Best way to handle the problem of corruption in the courts: if you caused someone's wrongful sentence, they go free and YOU serve their sentence.

But again, if you're willing to second-guess the justness of a death verdict, that simply is lack of trust in the system itself, and then how could you feel happy about keeping a man in jail all his LIFE instead?

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey

Agreed. However the liberals are extremely against justice. They would rather everyone get a slap on the wrist, forced to give them their word they will be a good little boy for now on and send them on their way.

I mean heaven forbid we exact appropriate justice.

Forty-two

Agreed. However the liberals are extremely against justice. They would rather everyone get a slap on the wrist, forced to give them their word they will be a good little boy for now on and send them on their way.

I mean heaven forbid we exact appropriate justice.

And heaven forbid we do anything that might in an actual, physical sense protect the public from predation by a proven offender!

-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey

Nope, not peaceful. This kind of shit wouldn't happen in a peaceful world. Not even in an unpeaceful but SANE world. Just what the fuck is anyone thinking when they take a brutal murderer and say, "Well, after X years in prison, it'll be okay to let you back out. You'll be an EX-murderer by then!" :S

Trust me, I'm not thinking about things like this when I'm skydiving on the weekends. :P

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-

Some thoughts on capital punishment:

1. 0% recidivism rate
2. You'd think the libs would really get behind this... with all the stuff about karma and what not... let's see if "rehabilitation through reincarnation" really DOES work!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"rehabilitation through reincarnation" really DOES work!

Okay, now that is funny. ;). I am against death penalty (just in case there is no reincarnation) that is not to say that some people do not deserve to be killed. Some of them deserve to be killed several times, however, with death penalty you are giving the goernment too much power. Besides, i do not believe in the justice system. It is proven that not everybody has the same chances when facing a trial. It depends your race, how much money you have to get good lawyer, politics.

However the liberals are extremely against justice

not anymore in the UK. For some reason I found this really funny. We now have "compassionate conservatives" on the right and as of this morning we have "tough liberalism" from the liberal democrates on the left. [:/]
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

This is totally the fault of the parole board that this nut got out, he should have been left to rot.
Maybe if they had criminal liability for what the folks they let back onto the street they would be more careful.
Maybe if they could be sued by the victims' families they would be more careful.

In the seattle metro plex (King county) The Green river serial murder (Ridgeway) coped a Guilty plea to murder 47 times. In exchange for his plea the court took the death penalty off the table.

This plea arrangement was driven by economic's, too many victims/lawyers. According to the prosecuter by Mr ridgeway confessing and leading the police to some of the remains it gave closure to some of the families that weren't sure what had happened to their loved ones.

MR Ridgeway got sentenced to 47 lifr term w/o the chance of parole.

Some defense lawyers in the area are already argueing that if a confessed 47 time killer can get life w/o parole, why can't their clients who only killed
a few people or just one, get the same sentence.

Argue on

R.I.P.

OUR ATTITUDE SHOULD BE, "YOU MURDER, YOU DIE."

Why should our attitude be that? How about the people (judge, police, etc) that cause an innocent person to receive the death penalty? Should they die, too?

I can think of nothing worse than killing someone who was wrongly accused. Even if you think our system is better with DNA evidence, we will kill innocent people with the death penalty. No matter how accurate the justice system can get, humans are flawed. It will never be 100%.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

In the seattle metro plex (King county) The Green river serial murder (Ridgeway) coped a Guilty plea to murder 47 times. In exchange for his plea the court took the death penalty off the table.

This plea arrangement was driven by economic's, too many victims/lawyers. According to the prosecuter by Mr ridgeway confessing and leading the police to some of the remains it gave closure to some of the families that weren't sure what had happened to their loved ones.

MR Ridgeway got sentenced to 47 lifr term w/o the chance of parole.

Some defense lawyers in the area are already argueing that if a confessed 47 time killer can get life w/o parole, why can't their clients who only killed
a few people or just one, get the same sentence.

Argue on

R.I.P.

So what is your point?
Life without parole is an way to keep killers off the street forever without executing them. If that your point?

"rehabilitation through reincarnation" really DOES work!

Okay, now that is funny. ;). I am against death penalty (just in case there is no reincarnation) that is not to say that some people do not deserve to be killed. Some of them deserve to be killed several times, however, with death penalty you are giving the goernment too much power. Besides, i do not believe in the justice system. It is proven that not everybody has the same chances when facing a trial. It depends your race, how much money you have to get good lawyer, politics.

But, poor non-white criminals deserve worse than weathy white criminals... it's just a known fact! :S

Seriously, I agree, the system is indeed flawed. I don't have enough faith in it to think that no innocents will wrongly convicted, and if anyone does have that kind of faith in it, they probably need to take a second look.

again, jmo.
Angela.

"A" gun? "A" gun? Yer kidding, right?

I'm laughing at this one too. Can't imagine just having 'A' gun in the house. That's like having a screwdriver and no other tools and expecting to build a house.

Oh, yes, silly me. I better go stock up now... can't risk having a room w/o a gun it it... that would bring the chances of death to someone I know down signifigantly. :P:D

Angela.