tunaplanet

Should Bob Schieffer be replaced?

Should Bob Schieffer, chief Washington correspondent for CBSNEWS be replaced as moderater for the Oct. 13 presidential debate?

Bush has not made a decision as to if he'll call for Schieffer to be replaced or not. Many of Bush's advisers have reccomended it.

So the question is now that CBS has been proven to be an extreme, biased, left-wing network with a deep hatred for Bush, should one of their men be replaced as a moderater for the debate?

Forty-two

Wow -- that based on one bad story (on one show)? Why not just outlaw them overall?

What do we do to politicians who do things based on bad information?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If they did not learn it as kids, maybe they should learn now... there are consequences for your actions... they (CBS) have lost their credibility as an unbiased party, and should not be rewarded with the prestige of being the moderator of a Presidential debate.

I also think the campaign / administration should not respond to any questions from CBS reporters in any forum.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Fuckin' A, he should go.
Look at how many top editors quit in the wake of the NY Times scandal and others!

If you're in charge, and those under you are fuckin' up and doing shit you should have been aware of and caught, you should swing for it.

And it could even be argued that the editors were deliberately fooled by crafty, calculating liars, and still they lost their jobs!

-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Tim Russert a left-wing liberal? No way. Nobody can be the former chief of staff to Daniel Patrick Moynihan and be a liberal (Moynihan was just to the right of the John Birch Society)

He had another job as the political counselor to Mario Cuomo, too. And if you thought Reagan or James Watt were right wingers, Cuomo had them all beat (I think Dukakis was the only governor at the time who was more right wing that Cuomo).

Food for thought for all you right-wing zealots. Look at the evidence - Russert's always been one of you.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The moderators do not get to create the questions. That is a seperate process completely. They are only there to maintain order nd keep people on topic.

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Forty-two

The moderators do not get to create the questions. That is a seperate process completely. They are only there to maintain order nd keep people on topic.

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Is this the new technique today? I call PJ on something and he claims he was only being facetious.

The moderator is practically irrelevent in the debates these days. We could have 12 year olds doing the job now, and they'd probably be better at cutting them off on the time.

I'd certainly take Bob over Moore or Limbaugh. He can be expected to read the questions without snarling or adding intonation to certain phrases.

Frankly I think it's a shame that the debates are a sham. I'd much prefer one where Kerry picks two [respectable] nuts and Bush picks two, and they get right too it. Maybe we could have the SBVs and the disgruntled Texas Airmen host.

That would be worth watching.

OK, so I voted that he should be replaced, but in hindsight I'm thinking if he's worth a damn he shouldn't let his personal beefs interfere with his professional objectivity. Of course this is not always the case, but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not to mention it might make things interesting...

Tim Russert a left-wing liberal? No way. Nobody can be the former chief of staff to Daniel Patrick Moynihan and be a liberal (Moynihan was just to the right of the John Birch Society)

He had another job as the political counselor to Mario Cuomo, too. And if you thought Reagan or James Watt were right wingers, Cuomo had them all beat (I think Dukakis was the only governor at the time who was more right wing that Cuomo).

Food for thought for all you right-wing zealots. Look at the evidence - Russert's always been one of you.

I'm not sure I follow you, here. Is this sarcasm?
Moynihan a right winger??!
CUOMO a right winger? Do you realize that Cuomo vetoed the death penalty in NY several times after the state legislature eagerly passed it?! So much for serving the will of the people. He unilaterally said "fuck you" to every state rep, and therefore to their constituents. Cuomo a right-winger? Give me a break.

I have to assume you're being sarcastic, or else you must not know that Moynihan, Cuomo and Dukakis all were Democrats...

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"