InflightSupv

Expiration in 5 Days!!!

Wow! only five days until I can start affixing grenade launchers to all of my rifles--no matter that it is about two degrees from impossible to get the actual grenades.

Oh well, let the madness and chaos begin...:P

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

A friend of mine raised some interesting questions regarding the expiration of the so-called "assault weapon" ban.

1) We currently have "pre-ban" guns, and "post ban" guns. But with the passing of the expiration, we'll have a new category of guns - what are we going to call them? "Post-post ban" guns? Or maybe we should steal the term "post ban", and apply it now to the new "post expiration" period. But then what would call the guns made during the ban: "during ban" guns? This will all be so confusing...

2) Will the public now be able to purchase guns made during the ban for law enforcement only, and so marked, with the features previously banned to the general public? If a gun or magazine is stamped "LEO only", it won't really be applicable any more?

3) Can a gun made during the ban, say an AR-15 without a flash suppressor, now be modified after-the-fact, to add threads to the end of the barrel, and screw on a flash suppressor?

Lions and tigers and flash suppressors, oh my!

Tuna and I are going on a mad bayonetting spree. Check your local news for details.

I say we start at Starbucks. I figure it's the quickest way to raise the average IQ in the US.

You're going to have to recruit a hell of a lot more volunteers. Hell, I can walk to 6 different Starbucks in under 5 minutes.

Everyone meet at my place for a cup of Folgers and a bayonette.

Pre-ban, post ban, whatever. It's an expired law in five days. LEO-marked magazines and rifles were marked that way because of this law. If the law ceases to be, LEO markings cease to have meaning. Do what you will.

Kinda reminds me of Python (with the following voiceover):

...It's not pining, it's passed on. This (ban) is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late (ban). It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-(ban).

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

You guys have fun with your new toys.

Ha!

You say that like something is really going to change on Monday.:P The only thing that's going to change is that the price of the pre-ban rifles (which only differ cosmetically from post-ban rifles) and magazines will drop to the same levels as those which complied with the ban and were sold for the last decade.

Firearms which were branded as so-called "assault weapons" were used in a minuscule number of crimes before the so-called ban. Today's statistics haven't changed. This was a bullshit feel-good bill that did NOTHING to prevent, deter or minimize crime.

mike

You guys have fun with your new toys.

Ha!

You say that like something is really going to change on Monday.:P The only thing that's going to change is that the price of the pre-ban rifles (which only differ cosmetically from post-ban rifles) and magazines will drop to the same levels as those which complied with the ban and were sold for the last decade.

Firearms which were branded as so-called "assault weapons" were used in a minuscule number of crimes before the so-called ban. Today's statistics haven't changed. This was a bullshit feel-good bill that did NOTHING to prevent, deter or minimize crime.

The death of this law will be met by mixed feelings from many self proclaimed "gun nuts".

I know several that 'invested' in pre-ban guns, saw them dramatically increase in value and now will be left with overpriced toys.
Oh well, kinda like the NYSE
illegible usually

i miss my M4... looks like you had all the fun toys with yours too ;)

That picture shows everything but my AN/PEQ-2 Laser Pointer mounted on the top rail. That picture was taken right before I left Afghanistan and I'd taken it off. That, along with all my tan paint. That was a pain in the butt to remove. We also had the Trijicon ACOG sight. I typically kept my Aim-Point mounted because of all the close-in stuff we were doing. However, I really like the EOTech better. A teammate of mine had one. Those weren't issued, though and they're pretty damn expensive.

EOTech

That's a sweet weapon. I really...really...miss mine.

Do me a favor, and leave Barnes & Noble Cafes (fake Starbucks) until last, so I can finish my shift before you get there. Or maybe do the Joe Muggs before moving onto the non-franchised imitations.

edit: Thank GOD that job is almost over
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Congressional Republicans Say Gun Ban to Expire

Some lovely lines in this article. :S

Police officials from across the country on Wednesday warned that dangerous assault weapons will flood U.S. streets if the ban on those guns expires next week

:S

whenever is see quotes like that i really have to wonder if they left out "elected police officials" because i havent met a LEO (and i have several in my family) who thought the ban was a good idea, or in anyway affected crime rates..... but if your trying to get (re-)elected supporting 'feel good' law that the ignorant mass has little real knowledge of is usually good PR... :S

Yeah, no shit.

I stumbled through the first few paragraphs, and immediately thought what you said, but I couldn't make it much further. What I did read of that story was riddled with information that ranges from bad to total, unadulterated bullshit.

mike

whenever is see quotes like that i really have to wonder if they left out "elected police officials" because i havent met a LEO (and i have several in my family) who thought the ban was a good idea, or in anyway affected crime rates..... but if your trying to get (re-)elected supporting 'feel good' law that the ignorant mass has little real knowledge of is usually good PR... :S

Dude, the liberal media are so eager to claim that the gun ban has popular support that if they found just two police officials who said the ban is good, they would say "police officialS said..." :S

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"