peacefuljeffrey

Cheap, punk-ass Democrats hold hate-fest

If I were a moderator (which, trust me, I'm not), I'd be sending out a general warning about puerile name-calling that skirts the rules.

Coming the closest to getting banned without actually getting banned doesn't mean you win, does it?:S

Wendy W.

Wendy, you may be perfectly right, but I ask you to recognize which of us has been the one doggedly going after the other for speaking his mind in his posts, and which one has been simply the reactor. Other people have even written things like, 'Dude, what have you got against this guy?" because he never lets up on me. I have not been the initiator of this crap. I think that counts for something. I haven't gone crying for a moderator, either: I'll fight my own battles.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

The thread has gotten off track because it is now accepted that the it was a hate fest organized by cheap, punk ass dems, attended and applauded by the dem nominee, and after all of the hate spewing, he said that it reflected the country or some junk like that. No apology, as his spokesman the next day tried to spin. He loved it and specifically agreed with it, and it may inspire the dem (and repub) base to vote, but I think it will not inspire the swing voter to go his way.

Come on Jeffrey, this will be an interesting election season. The liberal meltdown will happen, and you should be in a good mood to enjoy the approach. B|
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Hmmm. I wonder if Whoopi will take Barbra's stance and say that this is nothign mroe than censorship.

UPDATE! Date Line New York:

from http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040714/en_nm/people_goldberg_dc

***Slim-Fast Sheds Whoopi Goldberg After Bush Riff

2 hours, 6 minutes ago Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Comedian Whoopi Goldberg (news) will no longer appear in ads for diet aid maker Slim-Fast following her lewd riff on President Bush (news - web sites)'s name at a fund-raiser last week, the company said on Wednesday.

Florida-based Slim-Fast said it was "disappointed" in Goldberg's remarks at last Thursday's $7.5 million star-studded fund-raiser at Radio City Music Hall in New York.

"Ads featuring Ms. Goldberg will no longer be on the air," Slim-Fast General Manager Terry Olson said in a statement, adding that the company regrets that Goldberg's remarks offended some customers.

Republicans have expressed outrage over the fund-raiser for presumptive Democratic nominee John F. Kerry and his vice presidential running mate, John Edwards (news - web sites), in which entertainers lined up to skewer the president.

The New York Post said of Goldberg's appearance at the event: "Waving a bottle of wine, she fired off a stream of vulgar sexual wordplays on Bush's name in a riff about female genitalia."

A spokesperson for Goldberg declined immediate comment.

Slim-Fast is a unit of Anglo-Dutch food-to-detergent group Unilever Plc .

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Which Democrat supporters among us DZ.commers plan to come forward now and defend this disgusting spectacle?

I will.

Why do you think there are so many people out there who absolutely hate this president? Why did these few people talk crudely about him? It's because he's a total fuckwad! These people were just expressing how they feel about a very, very bad president, and a very dim-witted, closed minded person. There is nothing wrong with that.

I do believe that anybody in the political game is going to be guilty of a little mud-slinging. Who cares?

Why did these few people talk crudely about him? ... These people were just expressing how they feel about a very, very bad president, and a very dim-witted, closed minded person. There is nothing wrong with that.

Their lack of taste and decorum just shows what fuckwads they are. There is a time and place for everything. A political campaign is not the time to be vulgar, let alone disrepectful of the office sought.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

A bunch of malcontents expressing themselves is no big deal.

The dem nominee in attendance yucking it up and agreeing with it, that is a big deal.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Why do you think there are so many people out there who absolutely hate this president?

Easy -- 50% of all people have less than average intelligence.

I take your point about Kerry supporters not being very bright :P but that quip about 50% being below average is mathematically not true.

Take five people. Four of them have a dollar each. One of them has 96 dollars. The average amount of money they have is 20 dollars. But one guy (20% of the group) has 96% of all the money, and four guys (80%) have well under the average, each only 1% of all the money. Easy to show that averages do not necessarily split a group right down the middle.

That's why that sig line about 50% of people being below average intelligence was never very funny to me. Ironic, but not funny.

-
-Jeffrey

Take five people. Four of them have a dollar each. One of them has 96 dollars. The average amount of money they have is 20 dollars. But one guy (20% of the group) has 96% of all the money, and four guys (80%) have well under the average, each only 1% of all the money. Easy to show that averages do not necessarily split a group right down the middle.

Your example sounds like the disposition of our already-way-unbalanced tax system these days. ;)

However, my figures represent millions of people, even billions, not five or six. So the idea of figuring out the intelligence level of the "average" political affiliate may not be too far off base.

. . =(_8^(1)

Doesn't really matter if it's millions of people or not. There is no reason to believe that exactly half of the population is of "below-average" intelligence and exactly half are of "above average" intelligence. The "joke" of that statement is based on a fallacy of thinking.

-
-Jeffrey

Doesn't really matter if it's millions of people or not. There is no reason to believe that exactly half of the population is of "below-average" intelligence and exactly half are of "above average" intelligence. The "joke" of that statement is based on a fallacy of thinking.

This is really a statistics question. Average usually refers to the mean, but from an English standpoint it can also refer to the median, or even mode.

But that aside- IQs are normally distributed, so yes, by definition of intelligence, 50% score at or below the average (mean) of 100. That's how 100 is set in the first place. Each 10-15 points is one standard deviation.

SAT scores (at least before the rescaling in the 90s) roughly equate to IQ when divided by 10. By that measure, Shrub measures up at the 80% percentile or better. Some may not like him, but his intelligence is clearly better than average.

Why do you think there are so many people out there who absolutely hate this president?

Easy -- 50% of all people have less than average intelligence.

It could be turned around. the 50% with under 100 IQ love GWB.
Actually, i think that would be closer to reality, i mean intelligent people (IQ>100) wouldn´t love (be in love) with a man whose IQ is in the 50-60 range.

Well yes, i am being optimistic about that figure, but a lower IQ would put him to the same level than a squirrel :P

By that measure, Shrub measures up at the 80% percentile or better. Some may not like him, but his intelligence is clearly better than average.

So when liberals bash him for being "dumb," do you figure they're being disingenuous, or just plain pathetic?

-
-Jeffrey

More likely they just haven't got a clue. I don't care whose kid you are, you don't graduate yale without significant gray matter and motivation/determination. Just look at two posts before and after each other. One states eightieth percentile, then the other pulls fifty to sixty out of thin air.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

By that measure, Shrub measures up at the 80% percentile or better. Some may not like him, but his intelligence is clearly better than average.

So when liberals bash him for being "dumb," do you figure they're being disingenuous, or just plain pathetic?

-

I'm being honest. I think he's an idiot. Considering what average intelligence is, being better than that isn't all that impressive. Especially considering that 80th percentile is an IQ between 110 and 120.

Typical jobs for people in that IQ range:

School Teachers; Pharmacists; Accountants; Nurses; Stenographers; Managers.

Foremen; Clerks; Telephone Operators; Salesmen; Policemen; Electricians.

Maybe Bush should take up stenography.

-

Do you know how IQ is defined?

Apparently the average IQ of the US population is 98, which is below the world average of 100.

And don't forget that Mississippi and Alabama went for Bush in 2000!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

with a mean of 100 and sigma of 15, the 80th percentile would be an IQ of about 112 - or statistically average but pushing a significant position to say higher than average. What was his SAT score?

Botellines said 50 - 60 and I don't think he meant percentile, but IQ directly. An IQ of 50 would be in the bottom 1/20th percentile (apparently it's the 'gee he's stupid argument). If he meant 60th percentile, then that's an average IQ around - 104

so stats isn't a strong point when randomly and childishly calling people names instead of talking issues - but I'm sure many of the Hollywood types would appreciate that level of political discussion

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Apparently the average IQ of the US population is 98, which is below the world average of 100.

of people tested only

anyone in Mississippi and Alabama interested in the professor's bias on your intellectual potential? - it's very openminded and not based on stereotypes at all

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

of people tested only

anyone in Mississippi and Alabama interested in the professor's bias on your intellectual potential? - it's very openminded and not based on stereotypes at all

Hey, I got that from a Georgia conservative skydiver. He said the only thing saving Georgia is Alabama, and the only thing that saves Alabama is Miss.

You're baiting Kallend, I doubt he'd post a personal insult right now, he's smarter than that. One warning already.

of people tested only

Tell us the scores of thre untested people, then, don't keep us in suspense!:P