SpeedRacer

Got them mean winter blues

WARNING the following is some irresponsible self-centered whining and moaning. Please feel free to join in.
I HAVEN'T JUMPED SINCE NOVEMBER! An insidious combination of crappy weather almost every weekend this winter, plus having to work on the weekends sometimes, have kept me from living life as it ought to be: ie., in freefall!
Plus I have no $, because I'm a new skydiver, still buying gear & unsuccessfully trying to pay down my credit cards from rig purchase/jumpschool/gear.
AAAughH! Why are winning lottery tickets always wasted on blue-haired little old ladies? A skydiver would really know how to put that jackpot to use!

I hear ya! I have not made a jump since November either. There has not been much jumping to be had here this winter either. The few times there has been decent weather either no jumpers have shown up or I have been ill. Just found out there were some jumpers getting together tommorow since the weather looks nice and wouldn't you know I have family "RW" and it is too late to back out! I guess it is all good though since I was able to buy my rig this winter. The weather is going to start getting consistantly better here which means getting recurrent and get back to a more "normal" life!B|
Craig

Craig, it is never too late to back out of family rw. and if they give you crap, just say you had a bad altitude (of 0 agl)

LOL, I have been asked by a few people why I am being so grumpy lately.....maybe they will run me out! Oh, the irony!
Craig

I hear ya!!! Iowa weather sucks 60% of the time! I know where you're coming from on the money thing too, I think I'm gonna have to start selling my plasma again to pay for jumps when the thermometer actually goes above 35 degrees. I could really use a good jump, it's been way too long. I'm definately going to have to move somewhere warmer... I'll pray for blue skies for you (and me)!

camel land skydiving looks good to me! talk them into leting me leave this base, and i'm there. man germany is always so foggy and rainy i'm enjoying this sun. just wish i could put cheese on my hamburger. damn religious laws and shit here in the middle east.
<>

Skreamer:
Yes, yes I think you did mention that before . . . (arms in an outreached position, fingers in a tight gripping position).
Let's see, weather sucks, too windy, weather sucks, way too damn cold, too windy, weather sucks, rain/sleet, rain/sleet/snow, too windy, weather sucks . . . did I happen to mention the weather sucks!!
Divadiver

I've discovered that I will jump in much colder weather then I thought. Hey, after 5 months of no jumping, you'll do just about anything! I'm trying to get in there before all the students start pouring in within another month or so. Even now it's hard enough catching a load with the ones already showing up! Except for one person I know who got three two weekends ago and 4 last weekend.....
But hey...at least I'm back in the air! Woohoo! And now, with my new jumpsuit being made, a helmet and gloves...bring it on! (And if I'm lucky, maybe I'll get to jump my rig this weekend or the next!)
Pammi

Wow!!! You got 6 in Yesterday? Cool!!!
I was really bummed that I missed that last load. Oh well, Packing class on Sunday, Then I can only blame myself for missing a load :)
BTW, It was great jumping with you yesterday Skreamer!! Are you out there today? I thought I saw a peep of blue skies this morning.