diver123

Who's from the WEST?

I know I could've just read the profile listings, but I wanted to make my first official post as a "legitimate" enthusiast! So, anyone from Oregon, Washington, or Cali? I'm moving to SoCal the end of this month and thought maybe I could line up a few jumping buddies before I get there...
"pull high! It's lower than you think..."

I'm at Elsinore, but jump Perris occaisionally. They have a better bar there, too. Hell, you can see each other's planes on the climb to altitude... In fact, I still have 2 jumps left on my account! Anybody gonna be there for the Iron Crank?? Skybytch, are you airborne now?

hey lisa got any of those pain pills left? hahahaha :D
but, seriously..........
blue skies, pray i don't hit the oil refinery this weekend,if i can't jump i am gonna be pissed, i have to spot for the first time in 7 months, might hit the refinery after all, on the other side of the dz is a prison, why am i going to oklahoma again? Sis...

...pray i don't hit the oil refinery this weekend, ...on the other side of the dz is a prison, why am i going to oklahoma again?

ROFL - Well, it's not actually a refinery... just a bunch of oil tank farms all around.
.....and the prison is "supposedly" minimum security, so you should fit right in! ;)
"Peace & Blue Skies!"

Well, I did live in Sunny San Diego and jump at Perris, but about 6 months ago I moved to Dallas, TX. Let me tell you, the weather was a little better in SD. Although I am getting screwed at work right now, so I may be moving back to So Cal soon. So maybe I will meet all you Perris and Elsinore people before too long.
Blue skies and warm weather.
Bill

Ah - The Wicked West -
Elsnore, Perrisite, both nice dropzones. But for the PRETTIEST DZ come to Otay in San Diego! I live in SD and jump Otay for all my fun jumps. Elsnore and Perrisite are great for getting in hard-core RW or Freeflying. They have some killer good people there. And of course, there are great people at all 3 dropzones! Drop me a line when you come down and I'll introduce you around at Otay... me and WhiskeyChick will take good care of ya!
Katzeye

Well, I did live in Sunny San Diego and jump at Perris, but about 6 months ago I moved to Dallas, TX.

Wow, so you jump at SDD? I was there on safety day, but grounded myself because of the high wind. I'll probably come out this weekend, or definitely the next.

I'm from sunny Seattle (hahaha I crack myself up!) and my home DZ is Kapowsin (when I'm jumping: long story, bad landing, broken femur, yada yada yada) but I hang out atPerris whenever I get the chance. I've made lots of friends down there so I go at least every other month even though I'm not jumping now (my husband jumps).
Rhonda

No Iflyme, I've never been up there but I hear it's beautiful and I would like to come up sometime this summer. Maybe I'll see you then. I'll let you know. I'm a Seattle transplant brought here by some large software company just a few years ago so I haven't had a chance to explore much up that way. We often get vistors at Kapowsin from there.
Rhonda

Hey IFLYME.....So how is BC....I'm going there on my vacation in May...Where is the DZ?

Well, all you US jumpers should come to Canada for a vacation, because your dollar is rather strong right now! BC is beautiful as always! Victoria, on the southern tip of Vancouver Island (not to be confused with the big city of Vancouver) is the jewel of the Pacific - nobody ever left here not liking this Island! In fact many people that visit come back to live here. A former CEO of Sunkist recently built a 14 million dollar house here! Our dropzone is about 20 minutes north of downtown. It's a small dz, with one or 2 C-182 operating in the busy season. You won't find a more beautiful view from altitude anywhere on the planet! Mountains (Baker, Raineer, and much of the coastal range, plus the Olypmics to boot - I can even see Mt St Helens on a real clear day), ocean in every direction (ya, were on a big island), farmland, and a city of 330,000. Come play with us!
Hey, Skydolphin, I heard something about a shotgun incident at or near Kapowsin a while back ... any details???
Frank

IFlyMe, About the shooting thing. It was blown way out of proportion and has something to do with the stuff that is going there that is detailed in the article here on Dropzone.com. No one was hurt. Someone had a tire on their truck shot out. And that's about all I can say about it without getting into trouble.
Rhonda