miked10270

DROPZONE .COM 'T; SHIRTS.

Hi Y'all,
I see that this has raised it's head again on the "Quincy" thread.
I remember it coming up before, but it semed to fall through. This time can I suggest:
1. Submit your designs to Sangiro.
2. Sangiro (motto: "This ain't no damn democracy") decides on the design.
3. The design (A4 or A5) is E-mailed to registered users who add their own ident.
4. Each individual prints it out on one of those "iron-on transfer thingys" and buys a plain 'T'.
5. We each find a RESPONSIBLE ADULT :o to work the steam iron.
6. hey presto!!! "Dropzone.Com" personalised 'T's without the online ordering, credit cards, or wait:)Mike D10270.

[suckup mode]
Mike that is a BRILLIANT idea, especially the part about us buying our own T-shirts and ironing the label on (except I don't have a girlfriend at the moment, so have nobody to do my ironing...). Also if we let the Yanks buy the XXXXL T-shirts they would only be good for reserve canopies for us non-obese non-Yanks!;)
Mike, you are so clever, I think you SHOULD be a university professor! And I'm not just saying that because you are in the police and I don't want to make your aquaintance in a *professional* capacity in the near future... :)[/suckup mode]
/s
[drop till you party!]
PS I'd like to vote for FFF's design in advance (whatever PG rating it carries...)

great idea mike! even if that paper is scarce, its cheaper to mail a piece of paper to eachother (to make up for the scarce availability) than to mail tshirts and stuff. so if somebody cant find the paper, maybe some one who can would be so kind as to mail them the paper that they need. maybe.
kel

Jeez, ya'll are frustrating me !! I've been all for this idea ever since it first raised it's ugly head last summer !! Somebody get off your artistic ass and do it already !!!!!!!!! (exclamation points to convey my frustration / eagerness to order !!!!!) !!!
That PLF Dude

Greetings Froggie,
Bonjour La grenouille,
Guten Abend, Frosch,
Ciao Rana,
Hola Rana,
Hello Râ,
Oh BTW I'm feeling international again. I was always led to believe that it was good manners to learn the natives language before invading them. Unfortunately, no-one has yet managed to coherently teach the english that strange language spoken by Americans. At least the Russians just have a different alphabet! SO now all you (ex) colonials know... It's only good manners that keeps you from being invaded & re-subjurgated:D.
ANyway, where was I? Oh yes, Froggie. I'm pretty sure you can get this transfer paper stuff by the single sheet from your local computer store (& goat sacrificer).
Mike D10270 (who has suddenly realised that he's old enough to remember the original spelling - "Computor" (from a "Dictionary of Technical Terms" dated 1962).

I guess I'll just have to put my little thinking cap on. hee hee!! Actually, I do scrapbooks/memory books. I'm perpetually in kindergarden... I get to play with paper, tape, stickers and glue... fun stuff!!! I am clueless when it comes to computer graphics. Anybody recommend any good programs????
Jeji

Ok folks, the time is obviously ripe for this idea. I've fired off a few emails to people in the know to help me figure out the best way (and the cheapest - without being cheap) to get this done. But you guys are asking so I'll put out a bit and get some printed.
I would at least like to do sometihing simple, maybe with the logo on white and people can personalize it as they please... just thinking.
I'm also open to designs. Feel free to fire me any designs you come up with. I'll think about a nifty prize should anyone submit a design that we decide to use.
I would also like to hear from the women.. T's vs Tank tops? Speak to me!
So, if anyone has experience in having T's printed or know of a good place where I can get some quotes, let me know. This time we'll follow through and wrap this up! I also want a T! :)Safe swoops
Sangiro

Skreamer,
Sorry dude...My design has already been copyrighted by a company called Caledonia Graphics...sorry again...It even has my name on it in really tiny letters...Folks at Skydive Hotlanta can tell ya' about it...They got almost all of the shirts that C/G sent to me for my permission to use the design...
Triple F

sangiro,
speaking of the devil (see my latest post) here you are! um. a girls perspective on the tshirts. a baby tee would be great. but if its not gonna fit like a girls shirt only can then either a tanktop or a tshirt is cool. maybe tanks would be better.. summer is approaching. just my .02 cents thanks for working on this for us. much appreciated.

Ok folks, the time is obviously ripe for this idea.

Yeah, about freakin time! Who initiated the topic in the first place??? Guess it is finally shapin up on dropzone.com v2.0. Sometimes it takes The Next Generation....B|

On the subject of shirts...I've still have that lovely "mommy figure" thing going on. Littlest one is 19 mths. it's time but... how about something with long sleeves and a turtleneck???? LOL!!! No really, T's sound great to me!
Jeji

Feel free to fire me any designs you come up with

How 'bout a bloody great huge picture of ... me!!! Or maybe not...
No - really - I quite like the idea of having something we can get done locally and personalize... shirt with a DZ.com logo, then whatever we can add to it ourselves... of course, I'll need your help with the scissors and glue, Jeji ... and I've heard that Omri still uses those scissors with the rounded ends - he's just a young'un ya know! Maybe our logo needs a shot of one of the King's jelly-roll targets on it?!? Ok, I'm gonna take my meds now... Wingnut - get your little voices outta my head please...

Sangiro,
For the ladies, I think baby-doll tees are a good idea. Not one size fits all though. I don't wear the ones that show your stomach or anything like that. Or, the kind of tank top with spaghetti straps?
White with the dz.com logo on it sounds perfect to me...
Let's face it: We all have two addictions: Skydiving and Dropzone.com!! Might as well advertise it! I am glad Sangiro is responding finally, after all this time! LOL
Sis