Pammi

Quincy?

So...how many of you are actually going to try to go to Quincy this year?? I really really want to if I can get 25 more jumps to have my 50 (shouldn't be a problem) and can pull the cash together since we've spent so much already buying all of our gear. At least for a weekend would be cool. Anyone else?
Pammi

Pammi, I am so there!!!
Only problem is, I am on 33 jumps at the moment and with the English weather I will probably still be on 33 jumps by August... Just kidding, I think Quincy will be a good time for a lot of the cyber beers that have been earned here to be converted into the real thing.:S
/s
[drop till you party!]

Yeah, I had some concerns about still be a relatively 'low-timer' at Quincy, but I hear there are lots of places to land that people *aren't* swooping in at 110 mph :) I really hope to be there...we'll have to all talk about who's going to be there when it gets closer to hook up!
Pammi

I'm going to try to make Lost Prairie and Quincy this year, will at least make Lost Prairie. I was kinda freaked out at Lost Prairie last year, 500 jumpers, 45 Twin Otter loads and maybe 35 Skyvan loads a day. Prior to that I had only jumped 182's and DHC2's. Got into it real well tho. Imagine a boogie with 5,000 jumpers and tons of planes....Sounds like the place to be!

I'm going to try to make Lost Prairie and Quincy this year, will at least make Lost Prairie.

Hey Mike, I have already booked the time off of work for Lost Prairie, we'll have to get together for some jumps...or at least some drinks. We have to work on getting Stacey out too (she mentioned before she is thinking about coming) :)

Do they do any skydiving demos at the EAA? It'd be cool to drop out of the bottom of a B-17.

Yeah, they normally have the Golden Knights there. Funny thing is I always found this stuff boring. I haven't seen any of these demos since I got off of whuffo status.
BTW, I have flown in a B-17 which was way cool. I got to be on a ferry flight from my EAA chapter to the next one a couple hours away (by car).

I think that everyone here should make a shirt that says "Dropzone.com, Cacophony" with your name on there, that way we could tell who we are through the huge crowds of people. What do you guys think? I'm probably gonna do that so at least you guys will know who I am.
Safe landings,
Alex D-something

Can't decide between planning on Quincy or the "anti-Quincy" a.k.a. Skydive Chicago's 8 day boogies with a slew of planes at the same time. I was planning on Quincy but hopefully will have a trailer at SDC by then and it might be too much to drive further away for . . . .

Dude this is an excellent idea!!! Not just for Quincy, but it would be great to have dz.com T-shirts anyway. Alex why don't you start a new thread called DZ.com T-shirts or something?
Finally all the skreamer groupies will be able to buy something with my name on it... Of course, you DON'T want to know what personalized gear FFF is gonna have made for HIS groupies (I can see skyhawk getting excited already)...:S
/s
[drop till you party!]

I'm going to try to make Lost Prairie and Quincy this year, will at least make Lost Prairie. I was kinda freaked out at Lost Prairie last year, 500 jumpers, 45 Twin Otter loads and maybe 35 Skyvan loads a day.

When/where is Lost Prairie? I feel another road trip coming on..
Hmm.. Quincy and Couch Freaks.....Maybe Richmond and Lost Prairie.. Sounds like a busy year..
Mike

Tee-
Lost Prairie isn't looking so good for me... the airfare is going to kill my less than wondrous finances. I am however going to DEFINITELY be at the Carolina Sky Sports Easter Expo Thing and I'm trying to budget Richmond as it's a feasible driving distance (I think about 14 hours or so). There's no way I'm driving to Montana, though. =c)
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks