froggie

bob Evans :)

im sitting here playing on the computer and i happen to glance over at the iguanas cage. I see bob and fred sitting there, looking at me while they bask in the glow of the sun thats filtering thru the door. Bob looks lonely so i take him out of his cage. Now hes sitting here, climbing up my head wiht the help of my ponytail until hes safetly nestled perched on top of my head. This is his normal posiition. He likes it the best. When i use to take him out all the time last summer i even had a little leash for him, so i was able to walk around in open farm markets and stuff like that.
Anybody else have a amusing animal story? what does your pet do that makes it unique? Im bored. bobs moved down to my back so im a bit immobiziled (dont want to make him move!) and technically, im forced to sit here and thread (poor me :) lol.
froggie

Bob Evans...Where have I heard that name before? Isn't that a brand name of breakfast sausages?
I have a corn snake named Elaphe. She's amelanistic (meaning she doesn't have melanin, i.e., no black/brown in her coloring) but she still has the reds (erythrin) and yellows (xanthin), so she winds up being bright orange.
She's very sweet. Loves to eat them mousies.
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

speed racer,
evans is my last name and bob is the iguanas name. I didnt even realize the connection to the sausage man until i had bob for about 1 1/2 years. I had to take him to the vet and they asked for his name. I told them bob... when they called us they sang the "down on the farm!" song. So everytime i took him after that they would give us a little vocal entertainment. Planning on taking bob to the bob evans restaurant and getting a pic of him and me hangin on the sign. Think theyde be quite amused by that :)
froggie

I dont know if this is funny, it really pissed me off. My parents were in vegas so i threw a get together. The beer had just arrived and i popped one open, it was a little shaken up so some spilled on my kitchen floor. My dog Rocky ( huge german shepherd that is afraid of its own shadow ) licked up the spilt beer which was cool, you know, i didnt have to clean it and my dog likes beer. By now im drunk as hell cooking some english muffin egg sandwitches. i do a 180 to wash my hands in the kitchen sink and as i start to walk over there i step in a mushy warm dog turd. ( i was in socks ) so i let out a shouted " f*@k! " as i look around, I see a trail of runny dog crap from my basement door, through the whole kitchen and ended where the dining room meets the kitchen. I thought dogs stood stationary to crap. No, mine likes to walk and crap>:(
lesson learned, dont give my dog beer. oh well more for me.
blue skies, cold beer ( none for the dogs )
chris

chris,
i laughed too but i still feel bad for ya. My husky will wake up from a dead sleep, trot across the room. jump into my lap, look at me, then sneeze right in my face. Its actually really disgusting, and she never does it anyother time, only when shes right up in my face. And if shes not sneezing in my face, shes devouring food then licking me before shes finished the whole chewing/swallowing process so i end up wiht sticky dog food crumbs on me!
why do i love this dog so much?
froggie

Froggie,
Yeah, gotta love those big stupid dogs, and the stupid crap they do! I especially like when he is looking out the window and goes to turn around WACK!! he swings his head right into the wall of the hallway. hahahahaha, i laughing just thinking about it, my coworkers think im nutz now
blue skies, cold beer
chris

I especially like when he is looking out the window and goes to turn around WACK!! he swings his head right into the wall of the hallway. hahahahaha,i laughing just thinking about it, my coworkers think im nutz now.

ROFLMAO! i enjoy that too. weve got a lot of pets here. my poodle is going blind (poor thing is so old) and he always walks into things. Hes a little guy, but i gotta open the slider all the way to let him in/out because if i dont he walks into the glass. he also has a habit of walking directly into furniture and into your legs if your walking around. Its sad, but its soooo funny to see him ram into something, shake his head, back up, and try again. some times hes successful, sometimes it takes a few more trys before he gets 'clearance'
btw. dont think im cruel, the dogs only problems are his eyes. weve had him checked out. i wouldnt let him suffer if he was in a lot of pain or anything
froggie

froggie,
i never doubted that you were a caring indivdual. I totally agree that if he/she was hurting, its not cool to let 'em suffer. dogs are tough, they can take a litte head banging.

but its soooo funny to see him ram into something, shake his head, back up, and try again.

golden rule #8, never give up, thats cool
cold skies, blue beer
chris

My cat, Bongo, gets bored sometimes when I'm reading or otherwise ignoring him.. So he'll come up and very gently bite me on the arm in order to start something, so that I'll wrestle with him. I usually have scratches all over my right forearm for that reason.
He gets especially feisty after he's been doing the catnip, which I like to give him on Friday & Saturday nights.
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

I have a Lab/Rotweiler mix. Almost everytime she is lying on her back an I am scratching her stomach, she is gonna sneeze, Guaranteed.
Also she snores louder than anyone else in my house and when she sleeps and I guess is dreaming her legs move like she is running. We say she is dreaming of chasing the jack rabbits in the hills near my house.
It's really quite amusing.

One of my Border Collies likes to lick your legs when you're wearing shorts. I'd almost rather have a dog that sniffs crotches... The same dog in the station wagon will wait at the drivers side rear door until a car comes headed the other direction. She will then spin around and attempt to attack it. It's freakin' hilarious!
My old cat, Ripcord, used to attack people out of nowhere; they'd be sitting on the couch petting him, he's purring away and then SLAM! He'd bite and scratch then jump off and run away. For no reason other than sheer crankiness. This same cat once left a portion of his claw in my roommates year old male wolf hybrid and chased my other roommates German Shorthair on two legs the entire length of the house. But he loved me so it was all okay ;)
pull and flare,
lisa

My girlfriend's shitzu likes to sleep with us. However, I moved in and took his favorite spot (against her back). Now her likes to sleep on the back of my neck and to wake me up to let him out by chewing on or licking my ear. I am having these great dreams about my girlfriend nibbling my ear and then wake up to see that it is only the dog.
Blue Skys and Safe Landings
Albatross

My dog Al likes to chase light. Sunlite, Flashlites it doesnt matter. Sometimes when the sun shines through the door windows he will run straight into the wall trying to catch it. He has been doing this for years. Youll be sitting in the house and hear his feet clattering against the floor then hear a ommpp as he hits the wall.
Also. If you fall asleep at nite in an armchair he tries to curl up on the top of your head to fall asleep. Crazy little dog.
-e

My parents have a cat that will knock the books of the bottom of their bookshelf and then just sit there staring at the back of the boookshelf forever, his face about 2 inches away from the back. I understand cat's chasing laser pointers and being amused be small objects thrown across the floor, but this is totally beyond me.

okay....evryone......
bob eveans is a country style restraunt based out of ohio. it is sort of like a denny's! the food is pretty good with a fair price. and yes they do have their own breakfast meats. come on i know you guys that jump at skydive greene county know what i'm talking about........
okay my best pet story is that my friend sean had this cat and he would hold him close to his chest and spin in circles and then let the cat down and it would walk off swaying from side to side. it was mean but so funny. we stoped when he ran into a wall at a high rate of speed when he got scared and ran off still dizzy as hell.
<>

Our two cats, Jasmine and Whiskers, steal piece's of the kids lego, and play hockey with them anywhere there is no carpet... the are alo quite fond of thoses skydiving elastic bands. When I moved the chesterfield to vaccumm under it the other day, there were 11 elastics under there. I think the Whiskers likes to push them under there, then try to retrieve them. They also leave the lego and the elastics in my shoes - the lego hurts when ya step on it when it's IN your shoe.
Frank

ok that one about the cats and the legos made me think about another Al quirk. He loves to push his ball under things were he cant get them. Honestly he does it on purpose. I think he likes to do it just to get somebody to get up and retrieve it for him :-). If you dont he will spend hours trying to get it. Once in a while he will kick it right back under to. He really is a nut.
-e

oh my goodness.. speaking of our pets. this is too funny. My husky is nestled comfty on the couch, resting her head on a pillow. She looked so cute that i HAD to put a blanket over her. She does this all the time. She will even fight me (ie: lick my face, hands, neck) to get pillow space if im laying down too. ah geeze, like the discovery channel says "life is better with animals" :)
froggie

One of my friends got a new dog and I was talking to him over the phone when he was telling me about it. His name was Bull (and was a huge ass dog, a Newfoundland, I think, biggest dog I’ve ever seen in my life!). His brother in law already had a dog staying there named Buckwheat. I asked him over the phone if he did any tricks or anythything like that and after a semi-long pause he said, totally nonchalantly “…umn…He humps Buckweat.” I just about pissed my pants! I’m still waiting to actually see it, thought. I’m so sick.
I need help - Josh

Barrett,
I do that with one of those mini mag lite. Ive never seen anything work so hard for nothing. However he does seem to enjoy it as a game. Hes so happy when chasin it. Laserpointer I might have to try it to add a new spin. Hes crrrazy but I love him to death.
-e