skymama

Thanks dz.com-er's!

I recertified today, and I owe a big part of it to you all!! Here's my story in a nutshell. Last year, I took up skydiving. On my 26th jump, I had a cutaway (due to pilot error!) which freaked me out a little. I lost my confidence and listened to all the whuffos who told me I was stupid to do this sport, yadda, yadda, and most importantly, how could I risk leaving my 2 kids motherless. I went through 6 months of depression everytime I walked outside and looked to the sky and realized how much I missed being up there. Finally, I logged on one day, and started reading the forums. You all had so much excitement and enthusiasm, it made me miss jumping even more, and finally it was contagious! And, I had a jumper pal who was tired of me whining about not jumping who finally said, "shut up and jump out of the plane"!!! So, I did it twice today. I hardly slept last night, and my nervous stomach took a beating, but I did it. It was a glorious day this morning in FL, the ride down was beautiful and the landings were sw-eet! I'm more safety conscious now more than ever, and more aware of my limitations too. And, my husband and kids said they are happy if I'm happy, so I'm good to go. Hope to meet some of you all if you're ever in the Orlando area!

Hope to meet some of you all if you're ever in the Orlando area!

I live in Daytona Beach.. Where do you jump at now? Skydive Space Center in Titusville is my new hangout.. Great group, great facilities, not too busy, and lots of freefliers.. If you make it out there, look for the guy in a black/dark red tie dye freefly suit with black/dark red(and a bit of blue) rig..
Mike

Thanks, everyone, for the big welcome and all the words of encouragement. That was another thing I missed about not skydiving-the people! Mostly everyone I have met has been helpful, supportive and nice. What a great sport we have!

Welcome back! Be grateful for having a family that's supportive, they are so few. My wife fortunately has been great. In fact, she said this past weekend was the first weekend where I headed out to the DZ and she didn't worry.
'Course then I had a downwind landing and scuffed up my hand pretty good. DOH! ;)
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

skymama,
you do realize what this means right? youve posted your jump back into skydiving so now we expect to hear all about the jumps that you make in the future. Youre a part of our *family* now, so ya better start getting loud, causing a rutcus, and posting any updates :)
froggie

Thanks, Sangiro! On top of being a genius webmaster, you're a hottie (I've seen your picture), AND a nice guy?!! You've got it all goin' on, dude!:)

That does it! ....now I'll not only jump with you, I'll buy your jump ticket as well! :)Thank you!
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Well, damn, Sangiro, you got yourself a date! Now if you only didn't live all the way across the friggin' country! But seriously, I think I should buy YOU a jump ticket for providing us all such a great reason to not do our work everyday.:)

If I may make a break from the Love Connection for a moment, I’d like to say that I’m totally happy for you skymama! I totally know what it’s like to suffer from “ground bound depression” (I made that up all by myself!), and I’m glad to hear that you that you realized that you needed to fly and just went and did it!
Josh

Ground bound depression- I like that! Maybe we can start something with this, turn it into a real disease and get federal funding for it!
I hope you make it back into the sky soon. Now I wonder what was I so worried about. And, I had a couple of very bad jumps before that. I was so focused on the ride in the plane this time, and just walked up to the edge of the plane to jump out like it was something I was born to do. That first jump back was the best one that I had ever done, as far as being memorable for me and making me feel good.

Skymama,
Congrats! I'm stoked b/c it sounds as if I'll have a chance to meet you (and you'd be the first from DZ.com I've met) in Deland. I should be there every weekend jumping starting April 14th weekend (2 more weekends.) I currently live in Orlando but am moving at the end of July to Jax beach. I'd be really stoked to meet you!
Congrats, again!
Much love and blue skies,
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

Oh, I'll be so happy to meet you, Carrie! I was a little lost there last week being in Deland for the first time, and being by myself. I hope we'll get a chance to jump together too. I'm planning on going on the 8th, and will mark my calendar for the 22nd. Yippee!:)

Skymama,
I definitely hear you about getting lost in Deland. I feel the same way. I am from Skydive Daytona but they closed (hopefully temporarily) so a lot of my DZ jumpers are in Deland and Sebastian now. I LOVE Sebastian but Deland is more convenient to be my regular DZ. I actually have come to know quite a few of the regulars there but all the same, you can still get lost easily. I prefer smaller, more user friendly DZs but Deland is pretty cool too. I'll be stoked to meet you and will introduce you to the rest of my Skydive Daytona family that jumps there:)Much love and blue skies,
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/